ALL >> Investing---Finance >> View Article
Tcl Associates Asia Roundup - Markets Surge On Fed News
Total Articles: 13
The Federal Open Market Committee’s decision to continue its $85 billion a month bond purchasing program has caused markets globally to surge. During August fears of tapering cause a selloff in emerging markets especially South East Asia. The decision to delay tapering has caused those markets to rally strongly. In Indonesia the market surged 4.6%, in Thailand the SET rose 3.3% and the Philippines went up 2.8%.
In Tokyo, the Nikkei Stock Average rose 1.8% and is approaching a bull market. The Japanese market suffered over the summer, but is currently up 10% since lows at the end of August. Analysts at TCL Associates believe that the Nikkei will continue to produce strong returns through the end of the year. The yen also weakened 1% against the dollar to 98.59 yen to the dollar. The analysts believe that a weaker yen is good for the major companies whose sales come from overseas markets, they recommend clients to invest in Japanese auto manufacturers, such as Toyota.
In Sydney, the S&P/ASX 200 gained 1.1%, boosted by gold mining firms. As the Fed decided not to taper it caused gold to spike more than 4%. Newcrest Mining jumped 7.9%, Zhaojin Mining Industry climbed an impressive 12% and Zijin Mining Group gained 10.4%. The analysts at TCL Associates believe that gold is still a good investment at $1,360, and predict it to surge to $1,700 by the end of the year.
The Chinese and South Korean markets were not able to respond to the Fed's decision because they are closed for the rest of the week due to a public holiday. On Wednesday, the Shanghai Composite gained 0.3% but in South Korea the Kospi dropped 0.4%.
Investing / Finance Articles1. No Credit Check Faxless Payday Loans
2. Understanding Corporate Debt Restructuring In India
Author: Aniket Vichare
3. Tips To Know Before Applying For A Personal Loan By Srg
Author: srg housing
4. The Ultimate Guide To Cryptocurrency Wallet
5. Buy And Sell Mutual Fund Online | Moneytreesolution
6. Can I Get A Loan Despite Bad Credit Unemployment?
7. Advantages Of Binance Crypto Exchange
8. Payday Loans For People On Benefits Direct Lenders - 100% Online Decision
Author: Hamish Rutherford
9. Best Mcx Commodity Tips Provider In India
10. Why Open An Nri Account?
Author: Samantha Kennedy
11. Commercial Mortgage Loan
Author: Loansa Assit
12. Why Perform A Fundamental Analysis Of A Company?
Author: Aastha Kapoor
13. Open Online Trading Account With The Lowest Brokerage Charges
Author: Krutika Sharma
14. Avail Reliable Tax Return Online Australia Services To Get The Job Done Like Never Before
15. Get Yourself Best Sip Plans For Long Term
Author: Jignesh Shah