ALL >> Shopping-Product-Reviews >> View Article
How To Make Your Own Venetian Mask
Total Articles: 19
Venetian masks can be used during many occasions and are easily found in many costume stores.
But if you have a creative instinct of your own, why not consider personalizing your mask by making one on your own? By decorating your own mask, you can customize it in a way that it perfectly complements your home or your outfit depending on its eventual function.
You can make a large range of fantastic luxury Venetian masquerade ball masks for men and women that help you stand out from the crowd at masquerade masked ball wedding, theatre event or a fancy dress party.
If you wish to create your own personal masquerade masks, you may require some materials that are imperative and are specific to making a mask and others that are just required to add creativity to your craft.
How to Make Venetian Masks?
Start by choosing from a collection of full face masquerade masks (volto) that were used in traditional Venetian carnival (commedia del'arte) and comprise characters like Jester, Bauta, Scaramouche, Plague Doctor, Zanni and Gatta.
Each Venetian masquerade face mask can be hand made using the traditional papier-mâché technique.
The materials for your mask making project are as follows:
• A large bowl
• Craft paper or newspaper cut into strips of 3cm by 15-23cm
• Paper Mache paste that could be a wallpaper paste or PVA glue
• Craft knife
• A balloon
• Decorative items include acrylic paint, crystals, feathers, glitter, etc.
• Gold and silver leaf, a must for venetian style masks
• Petroleum jelly in order to protect your face
• Straws for the nose in case you are making a full face venetian mask
1. First clear a clean working surface and cover it with a layer of old cloth or newspaper, since there is lot of sticky work involved.
2. Apply petroleum jelly to your face or on balloon.
3. Now dip the strips into the paste and add them in an overlapping manner such that it covers the entire mask and adds strength and body to it.
4. Wrap short strips around the eyeholes from front and back. Allow the first layer to completely dry which will take few hours. Then, add second layer by putting strips in horizontal manner and you will get the thickness and the shape you require.
How to Decorate Your Home-made Paper Mache Mask
After drying the mask, start with decoration. You can make Venetian style masks with one solid color and then add details. You can also choose to paint rings around the eyeholes or include stripes in your decoration. To attach feathers, trim tassels, gems, use hot glue or a strong adhesive!
Preparing paper maché masks is a great way to pass the time and have fun and involve kids to do interesting activities and to make your own individualistic design.
However, if you do not have the patience to go through this process, it is best to get in touch with a masquerade mask vendor who offers to you a wide variety of designs and styles to choose your personal taste and liking.
Toren Monson is a writer and blogger who loves to write about the shopping industry. He has lots of experience in writing on gift related subjects. He especially likes to write articles on masquerade ball masks, Venetian carnival masks, full face venetian mask, and masks for various theme parties.
Shopping/Product Reviews Articles1. 4 Autumn Activities To Make Your Kid Happy
2. 3 Ways To Style A Lightweight Sweater
3. Sell A Card. Buy 'your' Gift Card!
Author: Robert Wilson
4. Invicta I-force Quartz Chronograph 20138 Men’s Watch A Winner Without Gimmicks
5. Why Should You Learn Archery?
Author: Zack Ayala
6. Beginner’s Guide For Bow Hunting
Author: Zack Ayala
7. Karwa Chauth Celebration With Proper Karwa Chauth Kit
Author: Divishi Verma
8. Trendymomtobe - Buy Nursing Pillows Online
Author: Nadia Andre
9. Gold Buyers Chhatarpur
10. Cash For Gold Chhatarpur
11. Install Room Air Purifiers And Own A Good Health
Author: Herb ENNS
12. S H Raza Artist
13. Factors To Remember While Buying Cookware For A Modern Home
14. Temple Jewellery In Bangalore
15. Top Three E Juice Flavors To Taste In 2017
Author: Smikon Spades