ALL >> General >> View Article
Busiest Airport Meets Largest PlaneBy Expert Author: Steve Robinson
Travelers on the hunt for cheap travel options, such as cheap airplane tickets and cheap vacation packages should be pleased to learn that Superjumbo, the world’s biggest passenger plane, is now flying out of the world’s busiest airport (Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson).
The double-decker Airbus A380 started flying in October from Seoul to Atlanta under the Korean Air brand. This plane holds 350 passengers and flies 7,100 miles in 13 hours nonstop. Atlanta’s airport is now the seventh U.S. airfield able to handle this huge aircraft.
Other airports capable of handling this size jet are Washington’s Dulles, Houston, New York’s JFK, Los Angeles, Miami, and San Francisco.
Atlanta’s airport spent around $30 million in passenger fees to accommodate this airplane by way of runway, taxiway, and jetway modifications.
This Superjumbo has made it possible for airlines like Emirate to put more seats on existing routes at a cheaper price.
Passengers commented that inside the plane it does not feel much different from other planes. However, when viewed from the outside it is clear how huge this plane is.
In coming decades air travel is expected to spike appreciably. Airlines are looking to freshen their fleets. The A380 comes with quieter engines and lightweight construction to save fuel. It offers 50 percent more floor space than its competitor, the relatively new Boeing 747-8 which seats 400 to 500 passengers.
Korean Air has devoted some of the Superjumbo’s floor space to a “Celestial Bar” lounge hosted by a bartender. Onboard there is a “duty-free showcase” where passengers can check out a duty free goods such as cosmetics, perfumes, liquor and accessories. Upstairs there are luxurious Kosmo First Class suites with lie flat sleepers spaced six feet apart.
General Articles1. Post Market Surveillance Needs To Be Robust To Avoid Penal Regulatory Action
Author: Event Manager
2. Manav Infra Projects: Experts In Infrastructure Development Domain In India!
Author: Manav Infra
3. Why Branding Is A Non Negotiable Investment In The Fresh Produce (ffv) Space!
Author: Asha Sampath
4. Cavity Wax - Things You Should Be Aware Of!
Author: Efrain Rivas
5. What's The Difference Between Water Purification And Water Filtration?
Author: Ring Hot Water
6. Enjoy Pattaya Golf Course On Thailand Golf Tour
Author: Hanah Chen
7. Seeking Online Success - Hire Social Media Advertising Agency
8. Why Are Water Jets So Important?
Author: Colin Sponias
9. Cheap T-shirt Printing As Per Your Desire
Author: parveen kumar
10. What Are The Benefits Of Different Types Of Fans?
Author: Nanshi Pacheco
11. What You Don’t Know About Tiki Bars?
Author: Scott McCauley
12. Ethical Link Building Strategies Without The Seo Risks
Author: Swadesh Das
13. Advanced Travel Trends To Anticipate For In Year 2017
Author: Kundan Sharma
14. Visa For New Zealand
15. Get The Right Shape Of Your Need From The Cut And Sew Manufacturers
Author: parveen kumar