ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Srt Slows Production On Viper
Total Articles: 2
Early last Wednesday it was found that Chrysler Group is slowing production on the SRT Viper. The rational, first reported by Automotive News, is because of slowing sales which led to growing inventories. One reason for the slowing sales was the upcoming winter season.
Typically, the Viper does well in sales during the early Spring but the fifth generation vehicle got a late start this year because of delays caused by internal quality standards. Ralph Gilles, the President and CEO of the SRT brand, said that they had hoped to begin shipping vehicles late last year but the company didn't begin actual shipments until April instead. It was originally expected that the Viper would have a production of 2,000 vehicles per year but the 2013 model year was closed out with a production of 805 cars and the company is assembling the 2014 model year line currently.
The first sale of the year was in February and within the last eight months Dodge dealers have sold 426 Vipers with another 565 units currently in stock for both model years. SRT will be starting a program in November where they will visit dealers in the Southeast so customers can test-drive Vipers that are owned by the factory; some dealers have been wary of handing over the keys to those with unproven driving skills. This program will start in the Southeast as a result of most of the current stock being located in that region and will spread to the North next spring.
The fifth generation, which began production in 2012 for the 2013 model year, is the first generation to be rebranded the SRT Viper. SRT, short for Street & Racing Technology, is an automobile group within Chrysler LLC which focuses on high-performance vehicles. SRT currently develops vehicles under the Jeep, Chrysler, and Dodge brands although Chrysler recently announced that SRT will soon become a separate entity. The first generation started in 1992 under the helm of the Dodge Viper and was built with a revamped block V10 engine by Lamborghini, which was owned by Chrysler at the time. Dodge Viper production fluctuated throughout the years, going from a high of 3083 for the 1994 model year to 659 in 2009 and 500 in 2010, the last year for the fourth generation, which included 50 "Final Edition" Dodge Vipers.
The 2014 model starts at $104,480 and can retail for up to $160,000. The price covers destination fees and a special program for professional driving instruction is included as well. With its powerful V10 engine it creates 600 pound-feet of torque with 640hp and it can go from 0-60 mph in an estimated 3.3 seconds. The SRT Viper has a top speed of approximately 206 mph.
The SRT Viper is hand-built at Chrysler's Conner Avenue Assembly plant, which is located in Detroit, Michigan. Because of the slow of production, some workers at that plant will be reassigned to other Detroit area Chrysler plants; reportedly, no one will be laid off. The current number of employees being shifted is unknown but prior to this news it is known that the plant hosted 171 employees.
Rick Hendrick Dodge Chrysler Jeep RAM is the #1 volume Dodge Chrysler Jeep RAM dealer in North and South Carolina. If you are searching for car dealers using the keywords Charleston Chrysler dealership or Hollywood Jeep dealership, visit our dealership today.
Automobiles Articles1. The Miami Used Luxury Cars For Sale Offers A Wonderful Choice To Own Your Dream Car
2. Annual Cost Of Ownership Of Car: The Aspect That Car Buyers Often Overlook
Author: Kaitlin Miller
3. Crucial Things To Know Before You Buy Your First E-bike
Author: Manisha Nigam
4. Why Renting A Luxury Car Is A Good Idea For Your Next Event At Los Angeles?
Author: Eric Burton
5. Your Options In Car Financing
Author: Pushpendra Sing
6. Buy Electric Skateboards: 4 Things You Must Do To Choose An Appropriate Seller
Author: Liva Wong
7. Stop Your Net Surfing For Best Auto Transport Services With Auto Trans Group
Author: Ivan Pavlov
8. Have A Look On The Most Frequent Reasons Of Car Tyre Wear
Author: My Tyre Point
9. Find The Right Lube Trailer For Sale To Increase Industrial Efficiency
Author: Scott Lee
10. Give Your Vehicle The Extra Mileage It Seeks
Author: James Elston
11. Lessons That Will Teach You All You Need To Know About Certified Driving School In Chadstone
Author: Mark Watson
12. Reasons Auto Carwash In Kingston Is Sweeter Than Christmas Morning
Author: Rhys Gibson
13. Sell The Old Car & Purchase A Brand New One On Vehicle Part Exchange
Author: Ewan Thorpe
14. The Simplest Ways To Make The Best Of Harley Davidson Fabric Brisbane
Author: Levi Fysh
15. Get A Valid And Authenticated International Driving License Oman
Author: Mr. Vince Joe