ALL >> Others >> View Article
Central India Travel; Exploring The Heart Of The Country
Total Articles: 400
When you hear someone saying the words “central India travel”, it is almost certain that they are referring to travel within the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh, also referred to by others as the ‘Heart of India’. This isn’t surprising, given that Indian geography lends itself well to anatomical metaphors. Kashmir becomes either the crown or the head, Gujarat and the collective of East Indian states become the arms and Tamil Nadu and Kerala are usually referred to as the country’s feet. Madhya Pradesh, then, located right at the centre of the Indian map, is obviously the heart. It might not be as popular a holiday destination as Goa or Kashmir or Pondicherry or Manali, but it could be. Here are a few things that puts Madhya Pradesh on the agenda of most India tours.
• The landscape!
The geography of Madhya Pradesh consists of varied relief features, from the largely plateau that comprises the entire state to the moderately ambitious mountain ranges of the Vindhyas and the Satpuras. Most of Madhya Pradesh will prove to be a sight for sore eyes, particularly to those who hail from urban regions and metropolitan cities. The entire state is crisscrossed by a network of important rivers, and the state also plays home to some of India’s most important and strikingly beautiful wildlife.
• The Khajuraho Group of Monuments
Madhya Pradesh serves as home to three of UNESCO’s World Heritage Sites, which is a great source of pride to the State and its people. One of these treasured locations is the Khajuraho Group of Monuments. These monuments are really a complex of temples famous for their sculptures depicting erotic scenes as envisioned through the principles of the Hindu and Jaina schools of thought. They are considered to be outstanding examples of architectural progress.
• Bandhavgargh National Park
The Bandhavgarh National Park consists of a sprawling one hundred kilometres of nature that is home to some of India’s most exotic wildlife. The park is also famed for having the highest number of Bengal tigers in the world, including the tigress ‘Sita’ who has appeared on the cover of National Geographic Magazine and is also considered to be the most photographed tiger in the world. The park is also a paradise for birdwatchers, who can feast their eyes on over two dozen varieties of both common and exotic birds, from common kingfishers and cormorants to the bafflingly rare Sarus Cranes in the rainy season.
Madhya Pradesh isn’t all just nature and wildlife reserves though. For those who can’t stay away from the comforts of urban living, the cities of Bhopal and Indore make for good bases. Surprisingly, for all the peace and quiet one finds in the “heart of India”, Madhya Pradesh also happens to be India’s sixth most populous state, which means that is has approximately a population of seventy five million people. Don’t let that figure faze you, however, because Madhya Pradesh provides all that you could want from your central India travel hopes!
Ninad Chaudhari works as a Web UI Designer / Developer with Cox & Kings. Ninad is an ardent photographer and loves to travel in central parts of India and pursue his passion for photography. His albums are replete with beautiful pictures of his recent tours to Central India.
Others Articles1. Shared Ownership Of Property In India? Know The Legal Remedy To Deal With It!
Author: saima joseph
2. Nine Things You Should Pay Careful Attention To Before Investing Your Money In A Wire Rope
Author: Shilpa Sharma
3. Reasons Why Should Anyone Choose A Profession Like Call Girl
Author: Anmalika Roy
4. What Are The Benefits Of Led Tvs?
Author: tanjni pache
5. Signs That Your Dog Needs To See A Veterinarian In Woodbridge
Author: Adam Smith is the author of this article.
6. Video Production Services Atlanta – Go Through The Portfolio Before Hiring A Video Production Atlant
Author: William Brown
7. 5 Success Tips To Achieve Your Goals And Ambitions
Author: George smith
8. Portable Street Umbrellas Comes In Wide Designs
Author: Street Umbrellas Australia
9. Sleeping Habits Of Zodiac Moon Signs And Ideas For Improvement
Author: Vinay Bajrangi
10. Handyman Services - A Necessity In Your Household
Author: handy helper
11. Make Your Webpage To Be More Attractive By The Use Of Web Templates
Author: Justin James
12. Know About The Mental & The Physical Benefits Of Hiring An Escort Service
Author: Jolin Amandaz
13. Sap Hana Training New York
14. Great Necessity Of Affordable Web Scraping
Author: Devendra Baghel
15. Why Php Web Development Is Widely Used By Most Of The Developers Today?
Author: Ray Malaski