ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Pick Mount Abu Tours For A Cool Experience
Total Articles: 400
Located ideally at an elevation of 1,219 m above sea level and offering picturesque surroundings, Mount Abu is a famous hill station in Rajasthan. With its beautiful surroundings, greenery and salubrious climate, it is aptly called the Oasis of Rajasthan. Travelling to Mount Abu will help you discover this quaint and naturally beautiful town. It is best known for its exquisitely carved Dilwara Jain Temples which are true architectural wonders. This place also holds religious significance. It is believed that Mount Abu was once the abode of saints and sages. It is said to be the land of Gods and Goddesses.
Mount Abu is special attraction of Rajasthan Tourism and offers amazing attractions like Nakki Lake, Gaumukh Temple, Dilwara Jain Temple, Sunset point and more. Knowing the features of these attractions will help you understand what makes them unique:
It is a beautiful temple located in picturesque surroundings. It was built in honour of Saint Vashishth. This temple is a pilgrimage site where devotees come from far and wide. It is said that the saint performed a yagna at this site as a result of which four major Rajput clans were born. The Agni Kund where the yagna was performed is still here. There is a spring near the temple which is said to have gushed out of a rock with the shape of a cow's head. Visit the Gaumukh temple when you visit Mount Abu for a spiritual experience.
Dilwara Jain Temples
These Jain temples are a striking attraction of Mount Abu tours or packages. Dating back to the 11th century, the temples are carved in a mesmerizing style. They are dedicated to Jain Tirthankaras. Made of white marble, there are around 52 shrines. The architectural beauty of the temples will surely leave you spell bound.
It is a charming attraction laced with an interesting legend. It is believed that this lake was dug by Gods with their nails. Some local tribes of this region consider this lake holy and worship it. Located at an elevation of 1200 m above sea level it is surrounded by hills and wonderful rock formations.
Museum Art Gallery
Do visit this gallery when in Mount Abu to treat your eyes with a rich collection of archaeological excavations dating back to the period between the 8th to 12th centuries.
Shri Raghunathji Temple
Located near the Nakki Lake this temple is dedicated to Lord Raghunathji and was built in the 14th century and is a must-see sight.
A beautiful and romantic aspect of the hill station as it offers fascinating sunset views. Experience the beauty of nature at its best and visit Mount Abu.
This hill station is bound to leave you spellbound. The scenic beauty coupled with amazing architecture and beautiful sights will ensure that your trip be a unique experience.
Ninad Chaudhari works as a Web UI Designer / Developer with Cox & Kings. In his spare time, Ninad is an ardent photographer and loves to travel around India and pursue his passion. His albums are replete with pictures of his recent tours to Mount Abu.
Travel Articles1. Book Online Hotel In Costa Rica
Author: James Palin
2. Making The Case In Favor Of Atlanta Limousine Rental
Author: James Marshal
3. Best Tourist Places In India, Himachal Tourist Places, Best Tourist Places Of The World
Author: Vinod yadav
4. How Could A Charter Bus Rental In Orlando Be More Affordable For Prom
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Make Entire Visit Of Lake City Accessible With Appropriate Taxi Services
Author: Julie ranawat
6. How To Have A Safe And Pleasant Taxi Ride In Udaipur
Author: Vaibhav Ji
7. Exploring The Geography Of Japan
Author: Steve Corrigan
8. What A Professional Travel Company In Bhubaneswar Can Do For You?
Author: Urban Yatra
9. Why Hiring A Travel Agency In Bhubaneswar Worth The Investment?
Author: Urban Yatra
10. Experiencing The Beauty Of Various Tokyo Tourists Attractions With A Guide
Author: Ekaterina Kholkina
11. Ayurvedic Treatment In Kerala Is The Property Of Kerala Tourism
Author: Rakesh Kumar
12. Rajasthan Trip To Land Of Kingdoms
Author: Top Travel
13. View Wonderful Nature’s Beauty In Mount Everest Base Camp Trekking In Nepal
14. Why To Halt At Malta Before Your Excursion In Sicily?
Author: Christian Guardione
15. Tomb Of Sultan Worth Visit Palace In Morocco
Author: Eric Watson