ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Places To Visit On Pune Tours
Total Articles: 400
Pune, which was earlier known as Poona is the 8th largest metropolis in India and the 2nd largest in Maharashtra after Mumbai. It was one of the centres of power of the Maratha Empire. It is 560 meters above sea level and is placed at the junction of the Mula and Mutha rivers. Pune is famous for temples and rapidly growing industries ranging from forging to automobiles to information technology and world class educational facilities. This attracts students from not only India, but also from abroad, making it a place of varied culture and communities. Book travel packages to Pune for the exciting experiences this city has to offer.
Prominent museums like National War Museum, Raja DinkarKelkar Museum, Mahatma Phule Museum, BabasahebAmbedkar Museum and Pune Tribal Museum are a must-see when you visit Pune. Also, the Rajiv Gandhi Zoological Park, which is situated close to the city and the SawaiGandharvaSangeetMahotsav, one of the most significant and well-known Indian classical music festivals, are other important tourist attractions. If you choose to travel to Pune in December, do attend the festival which used to be organized by the late Pt. Bhimsen Joshi.
Dating back to the 1st century BC, the Bedse caves are the epitome of an architectural masterpiece. They are considered the ultimate expression of Buddhist art. Bedse caves can be reached from Kamshet (Pune). The best time to visit these caves during is after the monsoon.
Among the various attractions in Pune are the 8th century Pataleshwar rock-cut temple, war memorial in fond remembrance of great Maratha heroes and the Nandi Mandap.
Literally meaning Punyanagari, or City of Virtue, Pune during the early years of the 17th century showed an all-round development when Shivaji chose this city as his headquarters.
Pune is lively and full of students from all over the world who come here to excel in its several top class educational institutions; hence it is no wonder that the city is often called ""Oxford of the East"". Due to this influx of young crowd, the city is known for its happening night life, great restaurants and an overall pulsating atmosphere. Institutions like the Armed Forces Medical College, Film and Television Institute of India, Symbiosis Educational Society and National Defence Academy have got international acclaim in their respective fields. You can visit these institutes when you book travel packages to Pune.
Pune has a lot to offer tourists. The culture of the city is unique and has a lot to offer to tourists on their holidays.
Ninad Chaudhari works as a Web UI Designer / Developer with Cox & Kings. In his spare time, Ninad is an ardent photographer and loves to travel on holiday packages and pursue his passion. His albums are replete with pictures of his recent tours to Pune.
Travel Articles1. La Ciudad De Marrakech
2. Secure A Deluxe Limo And Feel Like A Star On Your Wedding Day
Author: Mark Jonsh
3. Buffalo River Float Trips – Go River Rafting To Enjoy With Your Family
Author: Kirby Burk
4. Bachelorette Party - A Crazy And Classy Night Out With Pittsburgh Limousine Service
Author: Daniel WILLIAMS
5. Enjoying The Glamour And The Luxury Of Dc Limo
Author: Enjoying the Glamour and the Luxury of DC Limo
6. Limo Hire - Limo Hire London | Party Bus Hire London
7. Jeju Island And Busan Tour
Author: Tommy Na
8. Event Photographer In Argentina Can Capture Those Precious Touring Moments In The Camera!
Author: Cogert Ayala
9. Know How Owning A Shipping Container Will Benefit You
Author: Catherine Jade
10. Enjoy The Best Of Fujairah City Tours
11. Explore The Paradise By Luxurious Tour Packages
Author: Ankit Patel
12. Have An Exceptional Super Jeep Iceland Ride
Author: Ice Rovers
13. Cape Town Offers A Plethora Of Thrilling Mtb Cycling Routes That Make Each Tour Exciting
Author: Mark Robert Lawson
14. Clearly Honor Your Vows With Cheap Limo Service
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
15. Get Pleasure From A Budget Tour In Kenya - A Leading Holiday Destination In Africa
Author: Nadzua Matara