ALL » Travel >> View Article
Places To Visit On Pune ToursBy Expert Author: Noshir Lavangia
Pune, which was earlier known as Poona is the 8th largest metropolis in India and the 2nd largest in Maharashtra after Mumbai. It was one of the centres of power of the Maratha Empire. It is 560 meters above sea level and is placed at the junction of the Mula and Mutha rivers. Pune is famous for temples and rapidly growing industries ranging from forging to automobiles to information technology and world class educational facilities. This attracts students from not only India, but also from abroad, making it a place of varied culture and communities. Book travel packages to Pune for the exciting experiences this city has to offer.
Prominent museums like National War Museum, Raja DinkarKelkar Museum, Mahatma Phule Museum, BabasahebAmbedkar Museum and Pune Tribal Museum are a must-see when you visit Pune. Also, the Rajiv Gandhi Zoological Park, which is situated close to the city and the SawaiGandharvaSangeetMahotsav, one of the most significant and well-known Indian classical music festivals, are other important tourist attractions. If you choose to travel to Pune in December, do attend the festival which used to be organized by the late Pt. Bhimsen Joshi.
Dating back to the 1st century BC, the Bedse caves are the epitome of an architectural masterpiece. They are considered the ultimate expression of Buddhist art. Bedse caves can be reached from Kamshet (Pune). The best time to visit these caves during is after the monsoon.
Among the various attractions in Pune are the 8th century Pataleshwar rock-cut temple, war memorial in fond remembrance of great Maratha heroes and the Nandi Mandap.
Literally meaning Punyanagari, or City of Virtue, Pune during the early years of the 17th century showed an all-round development when Shivaji chose this city as his headquarters.
Pune is lively and full of students from all over the world who come here to excel in its several top class educational institutions; hence it is no wonder that the city is often called ""Oxford of the East"". Due to this influx of young crowd, the city is known for its happening night life, great restaurants and an overall pulsating atmosphere. Institutions like the Armed Forces Medical College, Film and Television Institute of India, Symbiosis Educational Society and National Defence Academy have got international acclaim in their respective fields. You can visit these institutes when you book travel packages to Pune.
Pune has a lot to offer tourists. The culture of the city is unique and has a lot to offer to tourists on their holidays.
Ninad Chaudhari works as a Web UI Designer / Developer with Cox & Kings. In his spare time, Ninad is an ardent photographer and loves to travel on holiday packages and pursue his passion. His albums are replete with pictures of his recent tours to Pune.
Travel Articles1. How Kenya Safaris Ensures Great Value And Memorable Safari Experience?
Author: Nashipae Annet
2. Enjoy The Adventures Trekking In Nepal
Author: Mountain Hawk Trekking
3. What An Exotic Honeymoon That Never Ends
4. Five Most Wonderful Holiday Ideas In India
5. Book A Ride For Any Group With Dulles Airport Limo Service
Author: Limo Service DC
6. Review These Areas Before Choosing A Fixed Base Operator
Author: Aviation Infrastructure
7. 6 Tips To Select Right Hotel For Your Next Business Trip
8. Nepal Enchanting Tour- Lifetime Experience
Author: Swati Chaudhary
9. 6 Reasons To Choose Udaipur As Your Wedding Destination
10. 6 Fantastic Reasons To Choose Pushkar As Your Wedding Destination
11. Beautiful Country Incredible Moments Of Happiness In Morocco
12. Holiday Fun With Family Made Possible By An Atlanta Charter Bus Company
Author: Limo Rental Atlanta
13. Appreciate Heavenly Trip With Luxurious Tour Packages
14. Advance Bus Ticket Booking Significance And Stipulation
Author: amyjohn cse
15. How To Creating The Best Journey For India Travel Packages