ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Plan A Perfect Holiday For Italy With These Travel Tips
Total Articles: 400
Italy has something for everyone and is a destination that takes many visits to fully appreciate. Travellers have been left spellbound by its mountains, art, landscapes, people and food for many years. Below are outlined some important travel tips you should know before you take part in any Europe tours.
General Tips For Your Trip To Italy
Many tourist attractions do not allow photography - particularly museums.
Returning or exchanging an item, even if it is flawed is not common in Italian stores so make sure you check things thoroughly before you buy.
Some stores will not allow you to try on shirts and blouses.
Wheelchair access to restaurant bathrooms is rare, as are ramps and elevators in old buildings. Buses are also generally not wheelchair-compatible.
Hotels often don't have pools or video games, while virtually nothing on the radio or television is in English.
Health And Safety In Italy
Olive oil and wine are fundamental ingredients in Italian cooking. They are also natural laxatives and so can cause problems for those with sensitive stomachs.
In an emergency, dial 113.
If you are in trouble and need the help of passers-by, yell AIUTO (pronounced ay-you-toe), which is Italian for HELP!
Serious crime is rare; however pickpockets and purse-snatchers are more common in the larger cities.
Stick to bottled water as Italian tap water is sometimes heavily chlorinated
Eating Out During Your Italian Trip
Italians usually take their food as it is listed, seldom making special requests, such as ""hold the mayo.""
Don't wait for the check - ask for it.
Tip with cash. A 'servizio' charge is usually included but a small tip is appreciated.
Breakfast is usually served from 7-10:30am, lunch from 12:30-2:30pm, and dinner from 7:30-10pm. Peak lunch and dinner hours are 1 and 9pm.
There are almost no restrictions on alcohol. It can be purchased at any time on any day and there is no minimum drinking age.
Kids menus are almost unheard of so ask upfront for a half portion if required.
Opening Times And Holidays
Banks are open weekdays 8:30am to 1:30pm and sometimes for an hour in the afternoon.
While some major churches are open all day, most are open from early morning until noon and then close for three to four hours, before reopening again, and close at 6pm.
Many museums are closed on Monday.
Most shops are closed between 1pm and 3:30pm for lunch. Due to Italy being a Catholic country, many stores are closed on Sunday.
Try and avoid Italy travel in August as most of the locals are on vacation and everything is closed.
Apart from Christmas, New Years, and Easter, Italy also celebrates: Epiphany (Jan. 6), Liberation Day (Apr. 25), May Day (May 1), Festival of the Republic (June 2), Farragosto (Nov. 1), All Saints Day (Nov. 1), Immaculate Conception (Dec. 8), Feast of St. Stephen (Dec. 26).
Ninad Chaudhari works as a Web UI Designer / Developer with Cox & Kings. In his spare time, Ninad is an ardent photographer and loves the opportunities tour packages to Europe give him time to pursue his passion. His albums are replete with pictures of his recent travel holiday in Italy.
Travel Articles1. How To Make Cheap Holidays To Barbados Exciting
Author: Daisy Wilkinson
2. Enjoy Your Excursion Via Top Notch Peak Climbing In Nepal
3. Which Turkish City Should You Visit First, Istanbul Or Ankara?
4. Get Customized Everest Base Camp Trekking Packages Adventure Experience
5. Stansted Airport Taxi Services That Are Better Than The Best
Author: Jack Pero
6. Pick Nepal Trekking To Get Unforgettable Fun And Enjoyment Forever
Author: Life Himalaya Trekking
7. Enjoy Visiting Everest Base Camp Trek And Spend Holidays Happily
Author: Life Himalaya Trekking
8. Simple Travel List For Business Travelers
Author: Abinaya Kannan
9. Sri Lanka: How The Country Eventually Got Its Name?
Author: Sri Lanka Eta Visa
10. 4 Reasons To Drop Everything And Visit Melbourne, Australia
11. Pick The Reliable Gosaikunda Trekking And Have Adventure Skills
12. Get Amazing Entertainment In Everest Base Camp Trekking
13. Make Your Trekking Experience Highly Memorable By Planning For An Expedition
14. Enjoy Trekking In Nepal By Choosing The Best Trekking Company
15. Find Best Morocco Destination Management Company For A Wonderful Holiday Experience In Morocco