ALL >> Travel >> View Article
What To See During Nashik Tours
Total Articles: 400
Nashik city is a major tourist and pilgrim destination of Maharashtra. Apart from devotees, it’s also visited by tourists in large numbers, especially those who come to the state to enjoy sightseeing. Nashik serves as one of the venues of Kumbh Mela, held once in twelve years and offers many sightseeing options for tourists.
The Coin Museum is one of the most popular places to visit on your trip to Nashik. The museum was founded under the Indian Institute of Research in Numismatic Studies, in the year 1980. The fact that adds to its attraction is that it is the only museum of its kind in Asia.
Kalaram Mandir, one of the major attractions in this town, is situated in the Panchavati area of the city. It is the biggest as well as the simplest amongst all the temples situated here and dates back to the year 1790, when it was constructed by Sardar Odhekar of Peshwa.
Pandu Leni caves are situated near Nashik and are only 8 km south of the town. They are one amongst the numerous Buddhist Caves built in the country during the flourishing days of the religion and are twenty four in number.
Ramkund is a holy tank in Nashik, constructed by Chitrarao Khatarkar in the year 1696 and is considered sacred by a large number of people.
Muktidham Temple is situated only 7 km away from the heart of Nashik and is a must-see spot for visitors. Built entirely with shining white marble, the temple is extremely famous for its magnificent and unique architecture. The white walls of the temple have been inscribed with the 18 chapters of the Gita. In the Hindu religion, it is believed that visiting this temple holds as much significance as visiting the four dhams or holy centres.
Deolali Camp is one of the oldest military centres in India and a must-see destination in a Nashik travel package. It dates back to the year 1861 and the main aim behind its establishment was to provide a place where mentally strained and worn out soldiers could take rest and rejuvenate.
Located 15km west of Nashik, industry pioneer, Sula Vineyards runs a tasting room where you can round off a vineyard tour with a spirited session of wine-tasting in its wood-and-mosaic balcony bar. For a more lavish Nashik experience, head 3km inland to Beyond, a charming three-bedroom bungalow set amid the vines, where you can ride out on bicycles past the rolling hills, picnic beside the nearby lake or skim the still waters on a kayak.
A travel package to Nashik offers a range of sights to experience. Book one today to experience what the quaint town has to offer!
Ninad Chaudhari works as a Web UI Designer / Developer with Cox & Kings. In his spare time, Ninad is an ardent photographer and loves the opportunities that travel packages to various destinations give him time to pursue his passion. His albums are replete with amazing pictures of his recent tours to Nashik.
Travel Articles1. Experiencing Bollywood Fantasy Dubai
Author: Dalphine Wanjiru
2. Summer In Dubai With Burj Khalifa Tickets
Author: Dalphine Wanjiru
3. Nhai Plans Four-lane Highway In Telangana Under Bharatmala
4. Hotel Reservation Software Can Increase Sales
5. An Encounter With The Ancient Maori Culture Of Tauranga In New Zealand
Author: Roger Simister
6. Hire Cheap Heathrow Airport Taxi Simply Online
7. Get The Best Pleasure Out Of Mombasa Day Trip In A True Safari Nation Kenya
Author: Jennifer Njoki Gaithuma
8. Hire Cheap London Airport Transfer Now With The Click Of A Button
9. Promising Effort By Brazil Tour Company Makes Your Trip To Brazil Memorable
Author: Anna Avanesova
10. Factors On Choosing Van Hire Landing Page In Bilston
Author: Jack William
11. How To Save More Money With Car Rental In Maui
Author: Vikram Kumar
12. The Everest Base Camp Trek - Strong, But Hugely Rewarding
Author: Sudip Shahi
13. Pearl Farm In Samal Island
Author: OUR 7107 ISLANDS
14. Plan The Destination Wedding With The Best Vacation Sells Off And Makes Memories Of A Lifetime
Author: Sam Patel
15. Oman Tourist Visa By Oman-e-visa