ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Explore Historic Places On Your Amritsar Travel Plan
Total Articles: 400
Amritsar is among the most prehistoric and captivating metropolises of India. It is a significant place of history and civilization of Sikhism and the first thing that you should know about Amritsar is that it’s a holy city in Punjab, India. Its name was derived from the name of the pool that surrounds the Golden Temple, meaning the ""holy pool of nectar"". It’s considered to be the heart of the Sikh religion for both spiritual and cultural activities. The Golden Temple, built by Guru Ramdas Ji in 1601, is a major pilgrimage site and attracts a number of tourists due to its beauty and serenity.
The city surrounds many prehistoric and sacred places. One cannot stress enough on the importance of the Golden Temple, which is also famed as the Harmandir Sahib. This holy place is in the form of a rectangular shape and bounded by a water lake named as the Amrit Sarovar.
The temple is the significant and holy monument for the Sikhs, who come from the entire world to take advantage of the peaceful and heavenly atmosphere and pay their gratitude to god by offering prayers. This representation of glory also presents perfect and attractive architectural skills. Believed to be a healing place, it’s one of the most important attractions for visitors from all over the world.
People travelling to Amritsar andvisiting this temple should follow a few rules, including no drinking, smoking, eating meat inside the memorial. Shoes are not allowed to be taken in and feet are washed with the water of the pool before entering. People have to take a trip around the pool in a clock wise direction to complete their Parikrama custom. From the temple, there is a way to Harmandir area by a bridge which also represents the journey of our soul after death.
A tour package to Amritsar will also include a trip to Wagah border and Jallianwala Bagh. Jallianwala Bagh is a public garden in Amritsar, and houses a memorial of national importance. The Wagah border closing 'lowering of the flags' ceremony or The Beating Retreat ceremony is not to be missed when one travels to this holy city.
Travelling to Amritsar allows you to experience the patriotism and tranquillity of the country. This trip gives you a unique experience of not just sights, but is an understanding of the history of India.
Ninad Chaudhari works as a Web UI Designer / Developer with Cox & Kings. In his spare time, Ninad is an ardent photographer and loves the opportunities that tour packages to various destinations can give him time to pursue his passion. His albums are replete with amazing pictures of his recent travel to Amrtisar.
Travel Articles1. Finding Spot For Organizing School Picnic Has Become Easy
2. Irving Taxi Service Gives The Best Transport Service For Your Weekend Trip
Author: Irving Instant Cab
3. Choose Vacation Home Rentals Jasper Ar For Limitless Excitement
Author: Kirby Burk
4. Petra Tours - A Useful Guide For First-timers
5. Assisted Tour Package Prove As The Best To Explore The Face Of Rajasthan
Author: Colourful Indian Holidays
6. Charisma Of Affordable Christchurch Holiday Package
Author: Damien McConnell
7. Benefits To Hire Personal Driver Nyc Services
Author: Robert Anhouse
8. Show Proper Significance With A Limousine Rental In Atlanta
Author: John Anderson
9. For Covering Long Distances Choose The Premium Cab Service Provider
Author: John Watson
10. Impress The In-laws With Cheap Car Service Houston
Author: MARK Jones
11. 4 Popular And Best Foods To Eat When In South Africa
Author: Damilola Ojo
12. 4 Best Beaches In Africa
Author: Damilola Ojo
13. How To Plan Vacation Tours In Croatia
Author: Alfred Hunter
14. Stylish And Purposeful Wedding Arrangements For Limousine Service In Minneapolis
Author: john wick
15. If Planning A Home Relocation, Leave Entire Household To Moving Services Richmond Va
Author: Stewart Moving & Storage