ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Explore Historic Places On Your Amritsar Travel Plan
Total Articles: 400
Amritsar is among the most prehistoric and captivating metropolises of India. It is a significant place of history and civilization of Sikhism and the first thing that you should know about Amritsar is that it’s a holy city in Punjab, India. Its name was derived from the name of the pool that surrounds the Golden Temple, meaning the ""holy pool of nectar"". It’s considered to be the heart of the Sikh religion for both spiritual and cultural activities. The Golden Temple, built by Guru Ramdas Ji in 1601, is a major pilgrimage site and attracts a number of tourists due to its beauty and serenity.
The city surrounds many prehistoric and sacred places. One cannot stress enough on the importance of the Golden Temple, which is also famed as the Harmandir Sahib. This holy place is in the form of a rectangular shape and bounded by a water lake named as the Amrit Sarovar.
The temple is the significant and holy monument for the Sikhs, who come from the entire world to take advantage of the peaceful and heavenly atmosphere and pay their gratitude to god by offering prayers. This representation of glory also presents perfect and attractive architectural skills. Believed to be a healing place, it’s one of the most important attractions for visitors from all over the world.
People travelling to Amritsar andvisiting this temple should follow a few rules, including no drinking, smoking, eating meat inside the memorial. Shoes are not allowed to be taken in and feet are washed with the water of the pool before entering. People have to take a trip around the pool in a clock wise direction to complete their Parikrama custom. From the temple, there is a way to Harmandir area by a bridge which also represents the journey of our soul after death.
A tour package to Amritsar will also include a trip to Wagah border and Jallianwala Bagh. Jallianwala Bagh is a public garden in Amritsar, and houses a memorial of national importance. The Wagah border closing 'lowering of the flags' ceremony or The Beating Retreat ceremony is not to be missed when one travels to this holy city.
Travelling to Amritsar allows you to experience the patriotism and tranquillity of the country. This trip gives you a unique experience of not just sights, but is an understanding of the history of India.
Ninad Chaudhari works as a Web UI Designer / Developer with Cox & Kings. In his spare time, Ninad is an ardent photographer and loves the opportunities that tour packages to various destinations can give him time to pursue his passion. His albums are replete with amazing pictures of his recent travel to Amrtisar.
Travel Articles1. Indian Visa On Arrival
2. Here Are The Top Perfect Destinations For Corporate Outings In Hyderabad:
Author: Aakruthi priya
3. Respect The Events Of The Holiday Season With A Limo Rental Of Atlanta
Author: john wick
4. A Schengen Tourist Visa Allows You To Move Across Many European Countries With A Single Visa
5. Top Destinations To Spend Your Christmas And New Year
6. Breathe In A World Class Resort
Author: Amish Chovan
7. 5 Advantages Of Flying Business Class
Author: Stephen Adair
8. Why Do You Choose Bachelorette Party Bus Rental In Austin?
Author: Robert Lopez
9. Plan Your Best Summer Trip With Collegiate Travels
10. Holiday Appropriate Transportation Made Possible Via Dc Charter Bus Company
Author: David WILSON
11. Collegiate Travels Makes Fraternity Trips Stress Free
12. The Ultimate Elopement With Executive Car Service Dc
Author: Mark Jonsh
13. Freedom To Explore South Africa Without Restrictions
14. Rent A Car For The Freedom You Need To Explore Africa At Your Own Pace!
15. Car Rentals To Make Your Airport Journey Affordable And Comfortable In Maui!
Author: Vikram Kumar