ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Explore Historic Places On Your Amritsar Travel Plan
Total Articles: 400
Amritsar is among the most prehistoric and captivating metropolises of India. It is a significant place of history and civilization of Sikhism and the first thing that you should know about Amritsar is that it’s a holy city in Punjab, India. Its name was derived from the name of the pool that surrounds the Golden Temple, meaning the ""holy pool of nectar"". It’s considered to be the heart of the Sikh religion for both spiritual and cultural activities. The Golden Temple, built by Guru Ramdas Ji in 1601, is a major pilgrimage site and attracts a number of tourists due to its beauty and serenity.
The city surrounds many prehistoric and sacred places. One cannot stress enough on the importance of the Golden Temple, which is also famed as the Harmandir Sahib. This holy place is in the form of a rectangular shape and bounded by a water lake named as the Amrit Sarovar.
The temple is the significant and holy monument for the Sikhs, who come from the entire world to take advantage of the peaceful and heavenly atmosphere and pay their gratitude to god by offering prayers. This representation of glory also presents perfect and attractive architectural skills. Believed to be a healing place, it’s one of the most important attractions for visitors from all over the world.
People travelling to Amritsar andvisiting this temple should follow a few rules, including no drinking, smoking, eating meat inside the memorial. Shoes are not allowed to be taken in and feet are washed with the water of the pool before entering. People have to take a trip around the pool in a clock wise direction to complete their Parikrama custom. From the temple, there is a way to Harmandir area by a bridge which also represents the journey of our soul after death.
A tour package to Amritsar will also include a trip to Wagah border and Jallianwala Bagh. Jallianwala Bagh is a public garden in Amritsar, and houses a memorial of national importance. The Wagah border closing 'lowering of the flags' ceremony or The Beating Retreat ceremony is not to be missed when one travels to this holy city.
Travelling to Amritsar allows you to experience the patriotism and tranquillity of the country. This trip gives you a unique experience of not just sights, but is an understanding of the history of India.
Ninad Chaudhari works as a Web UI Designer / Developer with Cox & Kings. In his spare time, Ninad is an ardent photographer and loves the opportunities that tour packages to various destinations can give him time to pursue his passion. His albums are replete with amazing pictures of his recent travel to Amrtisar.
Travel Articles1. Numerous Benefits Of Hiring Dfw Airport Taxi Or Shuttle Service In Texas!
Author: Shaik Hossain
2. Guided Tours To The Magical Hobbiton From Tauranga
Author: Roger Simister
3. How To Enjoy Great Facilities With All Inclusive Holidays
Author: Daisy Wilkinson
4. Stylish Rides And Low Prices With Limousine Washington Dc
Author: Stylish rides and low prices with Limousine Washin
5. Plan Your Vacation To Luton Airport- Hire Great Britain Cars
Author: jack pero
6. Rajasthan’s Top Tourist Attractions To Visit In Summer Season
Author: Swati Jain
7. Travel The Unforgettable Experience Of Africa’s Amazing Botswana And Serengeti Balloon Safaris
Author: Ombeni African Safari
8. Top Places That Compel A Solo Explorer To Travel In India
Author: Aura Voyages
9. Latin America Tourism Is Booming And Tour Operator Offers The Best Advice To Get The Most Of It!
Author: Anna Avanesova
10. Book Your Hoi An Hotel From Us
Author: Ms. Emma Tran
11. Enjoy A Variety Of Benefits With All Inclusive Holidays
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
12. 4 Things That You Can Only Buy In Turkey
13. Get Married In San Antonio With A Wedding Party Bus San Antonio
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
14. 3 Quirkiest Bars In Melbourne That Are Straight Out Of Your Dreams
15. Wedding Guest Transportation In Phoenix Charter Bus Rental
Author: Hire Charter Bus