ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Must-see Sights On Mumbai Tours
Total Articles: 400
The 'City of Dreams' as Mumbai's most known sobriquet, the city unfolds dream sequences of many aspiring creative people, business men and students each year. The commercial powerhouse and the hub of Bollywood, Mumbai undoubtedly is the most happening city of India. Mumbai’s holiday packages are filled with an aroma of irresistible spicy beverages, vivacity of spic and span restaurants and buzzing nightclubs, history of awe inspiring edifices and divinity of exquisite holy shrines. While you pick your favourite option, you must check that it includes visits to the following places:
Chowpatty Beach: The beautiful beach is an amazing place to halt for an evening snack. One of the most famous beaches edged by an even more serene promenade, Marine Drive, Chowpatty is a hub for stalls selling lip-smacking Indian snacks. The tangy bhel puri and pani puri are a must-have snack when in Mumbai.
Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Museum: Formerly called Prince of Wales Museum, the museum was built to commemorate the Prince of Wales's visit to the city. An astonishing fusion of Gothic and Moorish architecture, the building itself is very interesting structure. The museum displays a rich collection of artefacts dating back to Indus Valley civilization and Tibetan and Nepali art forms. Any tour to Mumbai must include this spot on their itinerary.
Gateway of India: Built to commemorate King George V and Queen Mary's visit to the country, Gateway of India is constructed with four turrets embellished with beauteous latticework carved onto the yellow basalt stones. Located on the waterfront the place provides spectacular views of the ocean and is also the place from where exhilarating motor launch ride and cruises commence and is a perfect sight on any of Mumbai tours that you choose.
Shree Siddhivinayak Temple: Dedicated to Lord Ganesh, Shree Siddhivinayak Ganapati Mandir is one of the most visited and richest temples in the city. The shrine of Lord Siddhivinayak (Incarnation of Ganesh) is placed inside a small hall with wooden doors carved with images of eight manifestations of Ganesh. The inner roof of the sanctum is plated with gold and so is the central statue of the deity.
Fashion Street: A favourite amongst Mumbai's youth, the market located adjoining the Cross Maidan and opposite Azad Maidan has a surfeit of export surplus clothing. There you can see a cluster of more than 100 shops selling chic clothing and fashion accessories at cheap rates and thus is a must visit for all those picking Mumbai for their vacation.
Your trip to Mumbai is incomplete without any of these sights. Commence your journey to the city and visit these places for a real fun-filled experience and wholesome holiday.
Ninad Chaudhari works as a Web UI Designer / Developer with Cox & Kings. In his spare time, Ninad is an ardent photographer and loves the opportunities that holiday packages to various destinations can give him time to pursue his passion. His albums are replete with amazing pictures of his recent tours to Mumbai.
Travel Articles1. La Ciudad De Marrakech
2. Secure A Deluxe Limo And Feel Like A Star On Your Wedding Day
Author: Mark Jonsh
3. Buffalo River Float Trips – Go River Rafting To Enjoy With Your Family
Author: Kirby Burk
4. Bachelorette Party - A Crazy And Classy Night Out With Pittsburgh Limousine Service
Author: Daniel WILLIAMS
5. Enjoying The Glamour And The Luxury Of Dc Limo
Author: Enjoying the Glamour and the Luxury of DC Limo
6. Limo Hire - Limo Hire London | Party Bus Hire London
7. Jeju Island And Busan Tour
Author: Tommy Na
8. Event Photographer In Argentina Can Capture Those Precious Touring Moments In The Camera!
Author: Cogert Ayala
9. Know How Owning A Shipping Container Will Benefit You
Author: Catherine Jade
10. Enjoy The Best Of Fujairah City Tours
11. Explore The Paradise By Luxurious Tour Packages
Author: Ankit Patel
12. Have An Exceptional Super Jeep Iceland Ride
Author: Ice Rovers
13. Cape Town Offers A Plethora Of Thrilling Mtb Cycling Routes That Make Each Tour Exciting
Author: Mark Robert Lawson
14. Clearly Honor Your Vows With Cheap Limo Service
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
15. Get Pleasure From A Budget Tour In Kenya - A Leading Holiday Destination In Africa
Author: Nadzua Matara