ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Pick The Best Trip To Leh When Touring India
Total Articles: 400
Leh, located in the Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir, is known for its stunning scenic locales, Buddhist temples and pristine environment. Because of the strong influence of Tibetan Buddhism, Leh is also known as Little Tibet or the Land of Llamas. Barren mountains with brightly painted gompas (monasteries), fluttering prayer flags, rocky ridges, tiny settlements and the Indus River add to the overall charm of the region. Go to Leh for a unique experience of India.
Once the capital of Himalayan kingdom of Ladakh; Leh is still dominated by the Leh Palace. The former palace of the royal family of Ladakh, this stronghold is built in the same style as the Potala Palace in Lhasa, Tibet. Buddhist monasteries and study centres like Shanti Stupa and Sankar Gompa attract a lot of travellers.
Over the years, Leh has been developed as a highly preferred destination for adventure sports. From high-altitude treks to river rafting in the Indus and Zanskar River, this region promises to enthral those looking for an adrenalin rush. The most preferred sports include mountaineering, jeep safari, trekking, cycling and river rafting. Leh is a wonderful tourist destination to explore in India, where mountains line the landscape and the warmth of the people delights you. It is also a major trading centre and offers a great shopping experience with impressive Tibetan handicrafts and jewellery, woollen clothes and exquisite carpets.
An Indian tour proves that Leh is a beautiful destination and one of Central Asia's most scenic and atmospheric towns. The centre of Tibeto-Buddhist culture for ages, it is one of the few remaining abodes of Buddhism in South Asia. The must visit places in the landscape of Leh are the Buddhists Gompas or Monasteries which provide the focus for the faith of the highly religious Buddhist people. The colourful annual festivals with masked dances and prayer ceremonies add more fun and joy to your trip. Choose your kind of holiday when you go to this beautiful city – whether you want a religious discovery, an adventurous vacation or just a relaxing holiday, Leh offers it all.
The best time to visit Leh is between May and September, when the weather is the warmest. Most of the trekking routes are closed after November due to heavy snowfall. Pick from the variety of Leh packages when you plan to indulge in a holiday and experience the beauty of nature coupled with adventure. It is an experience like no other!
Ninad Chaudhari works as a Web UI Designer / Developer with Cox & Kings. Ninad is an ardent photographer and loves to go on tours in India and pursue his passion. He visited Leh on packages from Cox and Kings and his albums are replete with pictures of this holiday.
Travel Articles1. Book Online Hotel In Costa Rica
Author: James Palin
2. Making The Case In Favor Of Atlanta Limousine Rental
Author: James Marshal
3. Best Tourist Places In India, Himachal Tourist Places, Best Tourist Places Of The World
Author: Vinod yadav
4. How Could A Charter Bus Rental In Orlando Be More Affordable For Prom
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Make Entire Visit Of Lake City Accessible With Appropriate Taxi Services
Author: Julie ranawat
6. How To Have A Safe And Pleasant Taxi Ride In Udaipur
Author: Vaibhav Ji
7. Exploring The Geography Of Japan
Author: Steve Corrigan
8. What A Professional Travel Company In Bhubaneswar Can Do For You?
Author: Urban Yatra
9. Why Hiring A Travel Agency In Bhubaneswar Worth The Investment?
Author: Urban Yatra
10. Experiencing The Beauty Of Various Tokyo Tourists Attractions With A Guide
Author: Ekaterina Kholkina
11. Ayurvedic Treatment In Kerala Is The Property Of Kerala Tourism
Author: Rakesh Kumar
12. Rajasthan Trip To Land Of Kingdoms
Author: Top Travel
13. View Wonderful Nature’s Beauty In Mount Everest Base Camp Trekking In Nepal
14. Why To Halt At Malta Before Your Excursion In Sicily?
Author: Christian Guardione
15. Tomb Of Sultan Worth Visit Palace In Morocco
Author: Eric Watson