ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Pick The Best Trip To Leh When Touring India
Total Articles: 400
Leh, located in the Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir, is known for its stunning scenic locales, Buddhist temples and pristine environment. Because of the strong influence of Tibetan Buddhism, Leh is also known as Little Tibet or the Land of Llamas. Barren mountains with brightly painted gompas (monasteries), fluttering prayer flags, rocky ridges, tiny settlements and the Indus River add to the overall charm of the region. Go to Leh for a unique experience of India.
Once the capital of Himalayan kingdom of Ladakh; Leh is still dominated by the Leh Palace. The former palace of the royal family of Ladakh, this stronghold is built in the same style as the Potala Palace in Lhasa, Tibet. Buddhist monasteries and study centres like Shanti Stupa and Sankar Gompa attract a lot of travellers.
Over the years, Leh has been developed as a highly preferred destination for adventure sports. From high-altitude treks to river rafting in the Indus and Zanskar River, this region promises to enthral those looking for an adrenalin rush. The most preferred sports include mountaineering, jeep safari, trekking, cycling and river rafting. Leh is a wonderful tourist destination to explore in India, where mountains line the landscape and the warmth of the people delights you. It is also a major trading centre and offers a great shopping experience with impressive Tibetan handicrafts and jewellery, woollen clothes and exquisite carpets.
An Indian tour proves that Leh is a beautiful destination and one of Central Asia's most scenic and atmospheric towns. The centre of Tibeto-Buddhist culture for ages, it is one of the few remaining abodes of Buddhism in South Asia. The must visit places in the landscape of Leh are the Buddhists Gompas or Monasteries which provide the focus for the faith of the highly religious Buddhist people. The colourful annual festivals with masked dances and prayer ceremonies add more fun and joy to your trip. Choose your kind of holiday when you go to this beautiful city – whether you want a religious discovery, an adventurous vacation or just a relaxing holiday, Leh offers it all.
The best time to visit Leh is between May and September, when the weather is the warmest. Most of the trekking routes are closed after November due to heavy snowfall. Pick from the variety of Leh packages when you plan to indulge in a holiday and experience the beauty of nature coupled with adventure. It is an experience like no other!
Ninad Chaudhari works as a Web UI Designer / Developer with Cox & Kings. Ninad is an ardent photographer and loves to go on tours in India and pursue his passion. He visited Leh on packages from Cox and Kings and his albums are replete with pictures of this holiday.
Travel Articles1. Numerous Benefits Of Hiring Dfw Airport Taxi Or Shuttle Service In Texas!
Author: Shaik Hossain
2. Guided Tours To The Magical Hobbiton From Tauranga
Author: Roger Simister
3. How To Enjoy Great Facilities With All Inclusive Holidays
Author: Daisy Wilkinson
4. Stylish Rides And Low Prices With Limousine Washington Dc
Author: Stylish rides and low prices with Limousine Washin
5. Plan Your Vacation To Luton Airport- Hire Great Britain Cars
Author: jack pero
6. Rajasthan’s Top Tourist Attractions To Visit In Summer Season
Author: Swati Jain
7. Travel The Unforgettable Experience Of Africa’s Amazing Botswana And Serengeti Balloon Safaris
Author: Ombeni African Safari
8. Top Places That Compel A Solo Explorer To Travel In India
Author: Aura Voyages
9. Latin America Tourism Is Booming And Tour Operator Offers The Best Advice To Get The Most Of It!
Author: Anna Avanesova
10. Book Your Hoi An Hotel From Us
Author: Ms. Emma Tran
11. Enjoy A Variety Of Benefits With All Inclusive Holidays
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
12. 4 Things That You Can Only Buy In Turkey
13. Get Married In San Antonio With A Wedding Party Bus San Antonio
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
14. 3 Quirkiest Bars In Melbourne That Are Straight Out Of Your Dreams
15. Wedding Guest Transportation In Phoenix Charter Bus Rental
Author: Hire Charter Bus