ALL >> Business >> View Article
What You Should Know About Dive Lights
Total Articles: 23
One of the most important pieces of diving equipment is the torches or flashlights. They are used for safety in low visibility, in night diving and wreck and cave diving. They are equally useful for signalling and communication underwater and on the surface at night. Dive lights are essential in shallow and clear water since it helps expose the red end of the spectrum of light.
LED diving torches offer brighter, whiter light and use less energy, which allows for a longer battery life that traditional incandescent dive lights. One of the major uses of this type of torch is that it brings back the real colours that are lost at depths. Most divers carry at least two torches for safety. For cave divers, it is always prudent to carry three.
When it comes to dive lights, the primary light should essentially be a brighter light than the back up. However, brighter light is not always required and can often be a waste especially when the water is not very clear with lots of particles floating around. In such a case, light that is too bright would make it difficult to see. Underwater photographers usually opt for 30W LED dive lights, which is low enough not to cause hot spots or scare away the fish. On the other hand, 5W LED diving torches are ideal for recreational divers who can use them during the day or night. Cave divers need stronger lights since they are likely to encounter varying intensities of darkness.
One of the most important features to look for in dive lights is the depth ratings. Some torches offer visibility only up to a depth of 30m. Repeated diving can easily cause these torches to fail. Just make sure to choose durable torches that are attached to a lanyard so that you don’t end up losing them. Invest in models with a good durable metal casing that can last for several years. The last thing you would want is your torch letting you down on a night dive. In addition to durability, choose dive lights that offer a burn time of at least double the time you want to dive. There are torches that come with rechargeable batteries that can last a lifetime.
Dive lights are available in an assortment of sizes, light intensity and configurations, which determine their price. All diving torches are waterproof, which is one thing you don’t have to worry about as long as you purchase a reliable brand from an equally reliable source. Basic waterproof flashlights have an LED lamp for longer life, which do not drain battery power as well. High end LED diving torches will certainly cut through the dark during your dives and are usually rated for 400 lumen and more.
Boris Atwater is one of the best an author in writing of led flashlights torches dive lights and LED Lenser H14, Fenix flashlights, olight flashlights and led spot lights. For more info please visit us at: - http://www.ledtorchshop.com.au/.
Business Articles1. Why Indian Crafts Is A Best Company To Buy Furniture Online ?
Author: Mukesh Tiwari
2. How Does Digital Marketing Works? And What Is Importance Of Digital Marketing?
Author: MBHITECH Solutions
3. What To Know More About Outsourcing Accounting Services?
4. How To Manage The Accounting Service For Your Business?
5. Thermal Fluid Heat Transfer Systems
6. Employee Provident Fund, Labour Law, Employees State Insurance Consultant In Mumbai
Author: ATSCO Corporation
7. Top Mba Colleges In Jaipur
8. Android App Development Company In Usa, Android App Development Web Services, Android App Developmen
9. The Case For Growth Of Car Parking Tensile Structure In India
Author: Tensile Structure
10. Photocopier, Currency Counting Machines And Cctv Service Provider In Mumbai
Author: Amtech Enterprises
11. Why Opt For Custom Shipping Crates?
Author: Kurt Heimbrock
12. למעלה קבלני חיתוך בטון
13. Pain Management Doctors In San Antonio Texas
14. Regular Professional Mold Inspections Ottawa – Why Every Homeowner Should Consider
Author: Mark Simon
15. Online Class Help, My Online Class Help