ALL >> Health >> View Article
Gastric Sleeve Miami: It’s Pros And Cons
Total Articles: 8
Gastric sleeve is one the newest bariatric surgical method, but within very less time it has gained much acclamation. This surgical method has many names: - Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy, vertical Gastroplasty, Greater Curvature Gastrectomy, Parietal Gastrectomy, Gastric Reduction, and Sleeve Gastroplasty etc. If you are thinking about this surgery to get rid from obesity then you should have a brief knowledge about this method, its pros cons as well.
When a Gastric sleeve:-
• If you are severely obese with a BMI more than 35.
• If all other weight loss methods stopped working on you (it includes calorie burning work out, fat free diet plan and medically approved dietary therapy and other medically approved weight reduction techniques)
• If you have a history of obesity for more than 5 years.
• Your age should be between 18 and 55.
• You have to be physically and emotionally fit to comply with this weight loss surgery Miami
• You should be mentally prepared to change your life style after the surgery (otherwise the surgery will be of no use).
• Addiction towards drugs and alcohol does not make you a suitable patient for this surgical method as drinking and smoking increases the risk of infection after the surgery.
The concerning surgeon removes 80-85 percent of stomach in a vertical fashion, the open edges of stomach portions are then attached together to give it a tube or sleeve like structure, since the name of this surgical method is Gastric Sleeve.
After the surgery you need to follow few rules as doctor prescribes for a better healing and a better shape.
• You need to continue liquid food diet after first six weeks of the surgery, then slowly shift to semi solid food and at last solid food.
• Do not try to take much food at a time. If you have a habit of eating depending on your mood then keep all junk food away from your reach.
• Try a bit of exercise, to quicken your weight loss effect.
• Do not rest just after a meal
• Drink a lot of water.
• You feel decreased affection towards sweet and other junk food as the hunger creating hormone “Ghrelin” is produced in a very less amount after this surgery.
• You also feel full with lesser amount of food at your stomach.
This surgical method helps you to lose at least 50-60% of your weight.
• You not only feel free from your extra bulges but also get rid from many obesity related diseases; type 2 diabetes is one among them. Patients are also observed to get relief from joint pain, high blood pressure, sleep apnea and many other sicknesses which occurred due to heavy weight.
• A leak from the staple line could be proven to be devastating as it can lead to chronic problems.
• The left-out stomach may extend over a period of time and this can cause to put up weight.
• Acid reflux could occur to some after a Gastric Sleeve Miami.
• Complications like nausea, pneumonia, vomiting, and infection around the wound, then excessive internal bleeding, inflammation in the stomach lining could arise after this bariatric surgery.
• As a large portion of the stomach is removed, patients may experience nutritional deficiencies.
Surgery from a renowned clinic and an experienced surgeon helps you to overcome these short comings, but a surgical method always bears few consequences. So go for it only if you don’t have any other option to reduce weight.
Jason Case is renowned surgeon. He has performed many successful Gastric sleeve Miami and helped many patient to come out of severe obesity.
Health Articles1. Stress Attack - Why You Will Need Help Now!
2. Hypnotherapy For Depressive Disorder For Permanent Results
3. How To Handle Stress And Manage Avoidance
4. Easy Ways Of Managing Your Anxiety
5. Best Choices For Severe Depressive Management
6. Anxiety Management During Stress
7. Anxiety Management - Four Tricks You Can Start Using Today
8. Dry Rubbing And The Death Grip: Self-pleasuring Problems To Avoid
Author: John Dugan
9. Neck, Shoulder And Pain Management
Author: Mahesh Singh
10. Old Age Home Provides Love , Respect And ,carefree Life To Senior Citizens
Author: shiv ganga senior
11. Technology In Medical Industry
12. How Many Sessions For Tattoo Removal?
Author: hifza nauman
13. Where To Buy Phentermine 37.5 Mg Online In Oregon
14. Aromatic Revival Of Mind, Body And Soul With Therapeutic Massage
Author: Vicky Mamoria
15. 5 Ways Seniors Can Boost Their Energy
Author: Jane Doe