ALL >> Health >> View Article
Gastric Sleeve Miami: It’s Pros And Cons
Total Articles: 8
Gastric sleeve is one the newest bariatric surgical method, but within very less time it has gained much acclamation. This surgical method has many names: - Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy, vertical Gastroplasty, Greater Curvature Gastrectomy, Parietal Gastrectomy, Gastric Reduction, and Sleeve Gastroplasty etc. If you are thinking about this surgery to get rid from obesity then you should have a brief knowledge about this method, its pros cons as well.
When a Gastric sleeve:-
• If you are severely obese with a BMI more than 35.
• If all other weight loss methods stopped working on you (it includes calorie burning work out, fat free diet plan and medically approved dietary therapy and other medically approved weight reduction techniques)
• If you have a history of obesity for more than 5 years.
• Your age should be between 18 and 55.
• You have to be physically and emotionally fit to comply with this weight loss surgery Miami
• You should be mentally prepared to change your life style after the surgery (otherwise the surgery will be of no use).
• Addiction towards drugs and alcohol does not make you a suitable patient for this surgical method as drinking and smoking increases the risk of infection after the surgery.
The concerning surgeon removes 80-85 percent of stomach in a vertical fashion, the open edges of stomach portions are then attached together to give it a tube or sleeve like structure, since the name of this surgical method is Gastric Sleeve.
After the surgery you need to follow few rules as doctor prescribes for a better healing and a better shape.
• You need to continue liquid food diet after first six weeks of the surgery, then slowly shift to semi solid food and at last solid food.
• Do not try to take much food at a time. If you have a habit of eating depending on your mood then keep all junk food away from your reach.
• Try a bit of exercise, to quicken your weight loss effect.
• Do not rest just after a meal
• Drink a lot of water.
• You feel decreased affection towards sweet and other junk food as the hunger creating hormone “Ghrelin” is produced in a very less amount after this surgery.
• You also feel full with lesser amount of food at your stomach.
This surgical method helps you to lose at least 50-60% of your weight.
• You not only feel free from your extra bulges but also get rid from many obesity related diseases; type 2 diabetes is one among them. Patients are also observed to get relief from joint pain, high blood pressure, sleep apnea and many other sicknesses which occurred due to heavy weight.
• A leak from the staple line could be proven to be devastating as it can lead to chronic problems.
• The left-out stomach may extend over a period of time and this can cause to put up weight.
• Acid reflux could occur to some after a Gastric Sleeve Miami.
• Complications like nausea, pneumonia, vomiting, and infection around the wound, then excessive internal bleeding, inflammation in the stomach lining could arise after this bariatric surgery.
• As a large portion of the stomach is removed, patients may experience nutritional deficiencies.
Surgery from a renowned clinic and an experienced surgeon helps you to overcome these short comings, but a surgical method always bears few consequences. So go for it only if you don’t have any other option to reduce weight.
Jason Case is renowned surgeon. He has performed many successful Gastric sleeve Miami and helped many patient to come out of severe obesity.
Health Articles1. Must Ask Questions When Meeting A Dentist
Author: Donnell Nash
2. Natural Skincare And Beauty Supplements For Healthy And Glowing Skin
Author: NAVEEN KHANDELWAL
3. What To Look For A Dentist?
Author: Donnell Nash
4. Can Bpas Damage A Healthy Member?
Author: John Dugan
5. Sticking To Healthy Habits With The Help Of Yoga
Author: Gary Martin
6. Raise Your Efforts With Weight Gainer Supplements
Author: Anabolic Nutrition
7. Signs To Look Out For If You Have A Prolapsed Uterus
Author: Kalptaru Herbal Therapy Centre
8. A Glass Of Milk A Day Keeps Doctor Away
Author: Namit Malgaonkar
9. The Hearing Aids Siemens Are Available In Best Quality And Price To Restore Your Hearing Ability
10. Superfood Supplements- For All Your Nutrition Needs
Author: Shashi Kant Shukla
11. Dental Hygiene Information You Won't Locate In Other Places
Author: Bob Smith
12. Getting Knee Pain Treatment At Parijatak
Author: Dr. Nitesh Khonde
13. Is Invisalign The Right Treatment For Adults?
Author: James Franklin
14. 1st Global Community Of Indian Clinicians - Docstop
Author: Vijay Lokhande
15. Hypothyroidism Rampant In India - Freedom Age
Author: Dr Kalpana Gupta Sekhawat