ALL >> Family >> View Article
Qrops Aruba Pension Transfer For British Expats And Dutch Expats
Total Articles: 2
British expats living in Aruba or wishing to retire in Aruba can now transfer their pension into a QROPS Aruba to maximize pension tax relief. British expats living in Aruba can take advantage of their offshore status and transfer their UK pension offshore to somewhere secure like Gibraltar, a British Overseas Territory and will no longer have to pay UK taxes on their pension if they stay offshore. Dutch expats who have worked in the UK and British expats in Aruba can transfer to a QROPS to avoid UK taxes. In fact, Dutch people can also transfer any Dutch private pensions they have into a QROPS as well to avoid Dutch taxation on their pension.
Where is Aruba?
Aruba is a 33 km-long island of the Lesser Antilles in the southern Caribbean Sea, located 27 km north of the coast of Venezuela and 130 km east of Guajira Peninsula (Colombia). Together with Bonaire and Curaçao, it forms a group referred to as the ABC islands of the Leeward Antilles, the southern island chain of the Lesser Antilles.
Aruba is a part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands which is made up of Aruba, Curaçao, Saint Maarten and the Netherlands. The citizens all have the same nationality, that of a Dutch citizen. Approximately 105,000 people live in Aruba.
Why live or retire in Aruba as a British expat?
Aruba is widely known for its white, sandy beaches on the western and southern coasts of the island, relatively sheltered from storms and this is where most of the tourist development has taken place. Aruba has a semi-arid climate, but has a nice breeze from the Atlantic to cool it down. Average temperatures are more than 30 Degrees Centigrade. Aruba’s population is estimated to be 80% Mestizo and 20% made up of other races. Arawaks speak “broken Spanish” which their ancestors had learned on Hispaniola. Nowadays, There are more than 92 different nationalities who live on the island, so cultures and traditions are varied. British, Dutch and Latino traditions live on Aruba.
Carnival is the big holiday in Aruba, as it is in many Caribbean and Latin American countries. It goes on for weeks, much like Mardi Gras in the U.S. Carnival starts at the beginning of January until the Tuesday before Ash Wednesday. The official languages are Dutch and Papiamento. Although English and Spanish are also spoken.
Benefits of a QROPS Aruba Pension Transfer
What are the benefits of a QROPS Aruba Pension Transfer for Brits in Aruba?
• Avoid UK income tax
• Avoid UK dividends tax
• Avoid UK capital gains tax (CGT)
• Avoid UK inheritance tax (IHT)
• Avoid 55% tax upon death in drawdown that the UK imposes
• Currency choice. You can choose to have your pension transferred to a QROPS denominated in USD, EUR or keep it in GBP
• Have the ability to make higher returns with freedom of investment
For enquiries, please send email to email@example.com
Family Articles1. Shopping For Your Kitty? Avoid These Mistakes
Author: Emma B
2. Top 10 - Family Friendly Holidays In Slovenia
Author: Jacob Barry
3. Find Best Autism Respite Care Providers Online
4. The Home Care Sunshine Coast Agency Offer Best Services For The Elderly Support
5. Professional Nanny Jobs Abroad
6. I Need A Live In Nanny
7. Where To Find Nanny Jobs
8. Nanny Full Time Jobs
9. Looking For A Live In Nanny
10. Step-by-step Successful Suggestions When Thinking Of Baby Items
Author: Bob Smith
11. Best Respite Child Care Jobs Online
12. Aged Care Sunshine Coast Is Your One Stop Shop For Elderly Home Care Services
13. Essential Aspects When Finding Baby Gears
Author: Bob Smith
14. Top 5 List Of Hottest Baby Shower Themes Of 2017
Author: Eric Mortensen
15. For A Smooth Move Group Efforts Made
Author: Paul Wright