ALL >> Food,-Cooking-and-Drink >> View Article
Party Planning And A Not So Best Buffalo Wing Sauce
Total Articles: 18
Last Saturday, a friend of mine celebrated her birthday early and gathered all her friends for some video karaoke sessions. Of course, such celebration warrants some food and drinks to keep the party going. I'm very picky of food in video karaoke places so I opted to have my dinner before going to the venue. In fairness to the organizers, food was never really a problem. Aside from the food ordered by the guests, we also had a dessert spread for the much needed sugar rush.
One dish that caught my attention was the Buffalo Wings. For a recipe known for its spiciness, the sauce they used was a letdown. It was like eating sweet & sour wings. I could barely taste the spicy, tangy kick of the sauce. The best buffalo wing sauce is mixing the hot sauce and butter perfectly to coat crispy fried chicken wings. It's a common fixture on the menu during viewings of sports matches. It's a messy dish too. Perhaps it's the heat of the sauce that keeps them all riled up to cheer for their favorite team. Going back to that disappointing Buffalo wings, I think it would've worked if they had developed a spicy hot wing sauce recipe specifically for the establishment's menu. It'll keep guests coming back for more and make their Buffalo wings one of their signature dishes.
Good thing we were treated to a sumptuous spread of dishes that night. Chicken lollipops, squid rings, nachos w/ salsa dip were just some of the finger foods served. My friend was lucky because someone organized the party on her behalf. But before you think that party planning is all glitz and glam, it is definitely not for the faint of heart. You need to reserve the venue, confirm the guest list and make sure everything goes without a hitch during the big day. You need to be in control and still look fabulous. Do you fancy a similar career? Here are some tips I've gathered based on my friend's experience:
1. It’s all about the planning. Get initial details months ahead of the celebration. It'll give you time to come up with a back-up plan if the first choice doesn't work out.
2. RSVP. The more extensive the guest list, the sooner you need to confirm the number of attendees so that you can reserve the venue. Text or call them for confirmation if they refuse to reply via Facebook private message or Twitter.
3. Guests will always remember the food. Do not sacrifice quality for quantity and make sure you serve nothing but the best gustatory delights without sacrificing your budget. Canvass around for the best caterers. If you're entertaining from home and is quite the whiz in the kitchen, now is the time to impress them with your culinary knowledge.
4. Know your guest list and plan activities that are age-appropriate.
5. Just enjoy the party. This is why you were hired to organize it in the first place.
Buffalo wings disaster aside, I can say I enjoyed my Saturday night. Thanks to the establishment’s vast music selection, our video karaoke party was a huge success. People hammed it up by imagining they were contestants on the hit reality TV show, The Voice. It was fun hanging out with former college block mates who are now busy career individuals themselves. Maybe one of these days we can have a potluck dinner at the home of one friend and enjoy simple healthy dinner recipes. Getting friends together for a good meal and some quality face time is one of life's much needed luxury in today's busy environment.
Food, Cooking and Drink Articles1. Primary Considerations For Embarking On A Catering Business
Author: Mitchell Dundalli
2. Why Should You Choose Spit Roast Catering Service For Your Next Event?
Author: Mario Sazos
3. Global Flavors (food & Beverages) Market Trend
4. Simple Reasons People Become Overweight
Author: Mathew Gomes
5. Advantages Of A Meal Delivery Service At Your Home Or Office
Author: oliver shin
6. Best Non Veg Catering
Author: Anjappar singapore
7. How To Choose An Ideal Appetizer Recipes For A New Ongoing Party
Author: Supriya Kutty
8. Kiss The Cook
Author: Joseph Rubino
9. Napa Valley's Luxury Winery Experiences
Author: Michael Keenan
10. Global Frozen Potato Market Trend
11. Safety Do’s And Don’ts For Commercial Kitchen Supplies
Author: Joseph Rubino
12. Automatic Coffee Vending Machines
Author: Cafe Desire
13. Organic Applesauce Market - Size, Share, Outlook, And Forecast Till 2026
14. Pure Cow Milk & Ghee - Farmville
15. Synthetic Food Antioxidants Market - Size, Share, Outlook, And Forecast Till 2026