ALL >> Health >> View Article
What Is The Simplest Treatment For Achilles Tendonitis?
Total Articles: 4
Achilles tendon is the band of tissue connecting the calf muscles behind your lower leg and the heel bone. This tendon assists in running, walking, jumping or pushing up on toes. Excessive stress and repetitive strain on muscle can cause Achilles tendonitis. If you experience pain in your calf muscles running down to the heel bone, then you have to address the problem immediately. Otherwise the tissue will slowly weaken and become more vulnerable to a rupture that can only be corrected surgically. However, if one takes precaution at the first symptoms of the problem, a simple tendonitis treatment can provide long term relief.
Causes of Achilles Tendonitis
Achilles tendonitis is commonly found in younger people and it can also occur in athletes. Tendinitis from arthritis is common in middle aged people and the elderly. A growth on the back of the heel bone or a bone spur can irritate the Achilles tendon causing it to pain and swell. Some of the common causes of this condition are running too frequently, playing a sport that involves lot of jumping such as basketball, running on hard surfaces, increasing the intensity of an activity involving the use of your calf muscles and also ill fitting shoes. There are different types of tendonitis treatment and your doctor will have to examine the level of the condition before prescribing a treatment.
Treatment for Achilles Tendonitis
Rest, ice compression and elevation are some simple principles to follow if you experience pain in your calf muscles. In addition to this you can consult a good physiotherapist to recommend specific exercises that promote healing. It is also very essential to control and reduce the inflammation in the tendon. This can be achieved with topical creams or oral pills for tendonitis treatment as prescribed by your doctor. There are also some organic topical creams that are safe to use and do not have any side effects. These are completely herbal and you won’t require a prescription to purchase them online.
Safe and Simple Preventive Solutions
Achilles tendonitis usually responds well to safe care measures as long as the signs and symptoms are not persistent and severe. Prevention is always better than cure, so if the symptoms are just beginning to show up, then here are some things you can do. Switch to comfortable and well fitting shoes, choose exercises that will strengthen your calf muscles and use tendonitis treatment herbal cream. You can apply the cream on the tendon before and after your workout session.
Health Articles1. Itchy Manhood? Use Shea Butter And Vitamin E
Author: John Dugan
2. Porcelain Veneers: What Are They And Why You Might Need Them
3. Dental Professionals – Do You Need To Have A Trusting Relationship
4. Why You Will Need Emergency Dental Care
5. Things To Remember When Choosing The Best Dental Professional For Your Loved Ones
6. The Things To Reflect On Before Selecting A Dental Professional That Can Meet All Your Requirements
7. Don't Fear The Dentist - Beating Your Dental Stress
8. Indications Of A Bad Dentist
9. Best Tips To Choosing A Family Dental Expert
10. Regular Dental Cleaning - Why It Is Necessary
11. Top Five Reasons To Truly Have Periodic Dental Cleaning Done
12. Get Emergency Medical Support By Panchmukhi Air Ambulance Service In Mumbai
Author: Dr Mukesh Kumar
13. Why You May Consider Dental Dentures
14. Great Guidance For Denture Users
15. Teeth Extraction And Why It Is Important