ALL >> Legal >> View Article
How To File Claim For Bicycle AccidentBy Expert Author: Shiela Byron
In 2011, almost 700 lives have been lost in pedal-powered vehicles and motor vehicle accidents in the United States. On the other hand, an additional 48,000 suffered from injuries. This number is nine percent higher than the number of pedalcyclists killed the previous year. This is according to the traffic safety fact sheet of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration of the U.S. Department of Transportation. Hence, you should exercise safety when riding your bicycle. If you happen to meet an accident, here are the things that you should do (which include hiring personal injury claim attorney in Arizona):
Do not leave; wait for the police to arrive.
If you are not badly hurt, you must wait for the police to come to the accident scene. Police officers will document everything and submit a report. If you see that they are talking to the driver of car who hit you, you should also give your side of the story and make sure that it will be included in the report.
You should do the same thing as car accidents: gather as much information as you can. Get the name of the driver, his license number, car registration number as well as his insurance plan. If there are witnesses around the area, obtain their names and contact numbers as well. If the driver insists that nothing happens to you and your bike, you should still gather this following data in case problems arise after a few days.
Get proofs that will support your claim.
Surely, you have a smartphone with you. Take pictures of the accident scene: the car involved (including the plate number), your bike, the road, the damages and others. You may also consider taking video footage. You should include these in your aim to file for and hire personal injury claim attorney in Arizona.
Go to a nearby medical center.
You should have your injuries treated by doctors to avoid further damages. If no cuts are visible at this time, you should still go to the nearest hospital in the area to make sure that nothing happens to you. Tell them what happened and make a request for thorough medical checkup. Sometimes, the injury is internal or may materialize after a few days that you will have to submit yourself to some medical procedures later on.
Call your lawyer to help you out.
Meet with your attorney the soonest possible time. Present to him the evidence that you gathered so he can review your case. Include the names and contact numbers of the witnesses so he can communicate with them immediately. Never attempt to talk with an insurance adjuster without the presence of your lawyer. Your statements may be recorded and may be taken against you. Let a legal professional guide you during the process.
Never think about fixing your bike.
While the case or your claim is still in process, do not send your bike to a repair shop, regardless if you have taken pictures of it. It may have an impact on your case.
Lastly, you should follow the instructions of your personal injury claim attorney in Arizona to avoid problems from arising.
Legal Articles1. Injured In A Slip And Fall - When To A Hire A Lawyer?
2. Guidelines To Choosing The Best Law Firm For Your Business
Author: Charles Silver
3. Personal Injury Law Firms - Getting The Right Slip And Fall Lawyer
4. Basic Need To Knows For Slip And Fall Lawyers
5. The Sydney Family Law Mediation Can Help To Resolve Disputes In A Friendly Manner
6. Truck Accident Attorney – Top 5 Things To Look For
7. Seat Belt Injury Law - What You Need To Know
8. Third Party Negligence- Hire A Personal Injury Law Firm
Author: Mark Joshes is the author of this Article.
10. How To Get Effective Legal Compensation For Ivc Filter Injury Case In Texas?
Author: Nick Feizy
11. Why Hiring A Wrongful Death Lawyer Is Very Important
12. Top Orange California Personal Injury Lawyer Announcing New Office Location And Free Case Evaluation
13. Contact Experienced Houston Dwi Lawyer To Prove Your Innocence In The Court
14. Succession Planning And Forensic Accounting: Need For Professional Services!
15. Clarify All Your Details Regarding Succession Planning And Accounting Services!
Author: Bob Mussa