ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Compression Fittings - Avoid Unpleasant Situationsandaccidents
Total Articles: 6261
The compression fittings essentially play the role of a permanent tight connection between the tubes. Comprising of one end, it contains a hook-shaped cross section as well as a bead-like configuration. It is the presence of an O-ring which can be compressed with a tube. With long term usage, this tends to be a big failure at times.
If the compression fittings in question are old enough, replacing it at once becomes the need of the hour as it can give rise to unpleasant situations and may even cause accidents. The replacing processes are of many kinds and this largely depends on the manufacturing materials employed. For instance, if the replacement is all about an old plastic pipe, it has got a definite process. Unscrewing of the nut and seating the fittings components around the plastic pipe is the first step. The second step involves moving the two components apart from one another just by sliding them down the pipe. Once this has been done, the next step would in locating ring component and cutting the pipe above old compression ring with help of a pipe saw.
The compression fittings made of high-alloy steel or carbon steel is highly popular for drain interior installation. This type of a system comes with its share of advantages and disadvantages. Talking about advantages, the region that defines type of fitting such as reducing connector, tee or elbow is usually moulded or cast from non-metal or metal material. The basic body is then fabricated so that it can work as the perfect permanent connection to the standardized connection piece. The ones made of higher or simple grade cast iron works as the best economical solution. The basic body is manufactured with or without reinforced fibre filler.
Coming to disadvantages of compression fittings, they have special requirements as far as surface quality and dimensional tolerances are concerned. For instance, the fabrication is done from a section of the specially manufactured tube. Even this is done by taking help of several transformation and deformation steps. Likewise, the basic tube comprises of a seamless or longitudinally-welded variety. Even this tube requires very close tolerances and high surface quality. Themost complex part is its manufacturing. For instance, the original tube is required to be cut into many sections.
When it comes to the desired final cross section shape, this is accomplished by performing several transformation steps like crimping, chasing and tapering. The entire process becomes a highly expensive proposition since the raw materials that are used in the process command a hefty price.
For more information on compression fittings, check out the info available online; these will help you learn to find the drain!
Home and Garden Articles1. How To Rid Your Front Loading Washing Machine Of Mold
Author: Daniel Royale
2. Affordable And Reliable Plumbing Services In California
Author: Jack Ronald
3. Avoiding Glass Balustrade Breakages- Tips By Glass Balustrading Sydney
Author: John Carlos
4. Contact Bond Cleaning Perth For Professional Cleaning Services
5. Little Tricks To Achieve The Best Results In Domestic Cleaning Services
Author: Louis Gibbs
6. End Of Lease Cleaners Melbourne Guarantee Full Bond Amount Return For The Tenants
7. Reasons Why You Should Rely On New Home Builders Of Port Lincoln
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
8. Importance Of Plumbing Services For A Hassle Free Living
Author: Kelly M. Russum
9. How To Maintain Kitchen Mixer?
Author: Andrew Howard
10. Finding Unique Storage Thoughts For Your Kitchen Cabinets
Author: Robert J. Lewis
11. Design Ideas For Aging In place
Author: Mary Morris
12. Use Lb-3000 Compact Bowl Scale To Measure The Weight With Utmost Precision
Author: Nug Brand
13. Benefits Of Hiring Professional Painting Contractors For Exterior Painting
Author: Anu Radha
14. Walk-in Bathtubs: A Great Safe & Accessible Solution
15. 4 Regular House Maintenance Tips From Expert
Author: Nicholas Kashiwagi