ALL >> Sports >> View Article
Mark Brewer’s Take On Land-based Vs. Boat Fishing
Total Articles: 5
I love fishing; it is a good way to pass your leisure time. Same is the feeling of most people in New Zealand. New Zealand having a rich treasure of tasty fishes attracts not only the locales but people from neighboring countries to pay a visit to these islands on fishing expeditions. Generally, I like to fish on land in the areas near my home. But this weekend I had the rare fortune of going on a boat fishing expedition. The opportunity was presented to me by my Forex trading friend Mr. Rutherford. He owns a trailer boat and we decided to voyage from Central Otago to Jackson Bay near the South Islands to catch some fish. I have to admit that I (Mark Brewer) do not have great boat fishing skills, having spent most of my fishing career on land-based fishing. But the rewards that I got on this trip forced me to have favorable impression about boat fishing. In a day we caught nice tarakihi, blue cod and gurnard fishes. On the way back both I and Mr. Phoenix were left pondering over the comparison between these two fishing methods. I happened to come up with some advantages of boat fishing over its land-based counterpart.
Advantage 1: Easy to Find Fishes
When you are fishing on land you are focusing on a small little area. Boats can land you in the midst of well populated fish area. You can research and drop anchor at a place where there are tasty fishes everywhere. When you are involved in land-based fishing you have to be wary of three facts dawn, dusk and darkness. These are three friends you will have. So, the time for fishing is largely restricted. Fishing on a boat allows you to fish all through the day, there are no time restrictions. Only experienced fishermen know how to land up at the right spot while on a boat fishing trip.
Advantage 2: Easy Berleying
You can berley with more ease when on a boat. The position and weight of the berley can be measured and you can drop it right next to the bait. When you are fishing on the land you have to rely on the rocks for berleying. But it is often impossible to penetrate deep enough to lure fishes with your baits. Boats allow better positioning and thus you can have a great catch when the fishes whizz past your boat.
Advantage 3: Mobile Fishing
I (Mark Brewer) feel that boat fishing gives more pleasure and rewards to the fishing lovers. Often when you are out on land fishing expedition you have to sit at a place and wait for the fishes to turn up. But boats give you the freedom to move away if there is nothing happening at a location. All you have to do is lift up the anchor and move to a denser location.
Boat fishing has caught my (Mark Brewer) imagination as well as that of my friends Mr. Phoenix and Mr. Oak. We are planning another trip in about two week’s time. Hope to share some more insights about boat fishing then.
Sports Articles1. List Of Top Ngo In India Who Had Develop India
Author: Satya prakash
2. International Cricket Before The Prudential Cricket World Cup
3. Riordan Filmcamp And Bbq Camp : Know Where You Stand
Author: Craig Arnold
4. Summer Fun In San Francisco With Sports Camps
Author: Craig Arnold
5. How To Choose The Right Mountain Bike For You
Author: Laura John
6. India’s World Cup Cricket Live Scores To Bolster With New Finisher
7. Sri Lanka’s Rejuvenated Campaign Of Live World Cup Cricket Match
8. Fc Barcelona Vs Eibar Football Tips And Prediction Spanish La Liga
9. A Walkthrough Over Odi Records Of India And Australia Cricket Teams
10. The Uncommendable Nexus Of Captain-coach In Cricket Teams
11. Why Buy Cards Or Rugby Trophies Online Instead Of Local Trophy Stores?
Author: Better Trophies Better Prices Limited
12. Planning And Running Golf Events – The Formats…
Author: Ian Mullins
13. Ottis Gibson, South Africa’s Bet In Icc World Cup Cricket Today And Tomorrow
Author: cricket bolo
14. Fishing Trips Day And Night Deep Sea, Shark Fishing, Charter Boats At Sanibel Fl
Author: Sanibel Sport Fishing Charters
15. Real Sociedad Vs Rosenborg Betting Tips Uefa Europa League