ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Own A Dog? Get Answers To Your Questions Here
Total Articles: 203
You have a plethora of animals choose from when you want a pet. You can choose from cats, rodents, fish, or reptiles. If you want a companion that will always love you, nothing is better than a dog. The following article will give you some great advice to help you take care of your dog.
Make your home dog-proof. This should be done before the dog shows up at your home. Put cleaning supplies and medications away and keep indoor trash inside a cabinet. Research the toxicity of plants you own, and move or remove anything that might be an issue.
Don't give table scraps to your dog. This will only teach him to beg constantly and also inhibit his appetite toward his regular food. A dog fed on table scraps will be prone to unhealthy weight gain, disruptive digestive problems, and other health issues. You can keep your dog healthy and avoid any temptation to feed it from the table by teaching it to spend dinnertime well away from your family.
If your dog spends a lot of time outdoors, he needs a dog house. Your dog could get sick if he is left outside in the cold or if the ground is wet. Keep your dog out of the wet weather and the wind by building a shelter that keeps them dry and gives them room.
Let your dog chew some rawhide rather than meat bones. Real bones chip apart and can become dangerously lodged in the oral cavity or digestive track. Rawhide is healthy and good for their teeth, so don't share that T-bone no matter what faces they make.
Get a dog house if you have a dog that you leave outside, in case the weather gets bad. If your dog's feet get wet, then the continued exposure can lead to stress and other health issues. Keep your dog safe by giving him shelter.
The daily brushing of your dog's coat is beneficial, in more ways that just stopping constant shedding. Brushing every day will also help give them a gorgeous, glossy coat. When you brush fur, you're also spreading around the oils that help keep your pet's coat looking shiny and healthy.
Schedule a visit for your new dog with your local veterinarian. When you bring them home, schedule a vet appointment. Your vet will administer the necessary shots and make sure your dog is in good health. Set up an appointment to have your dog fixed, too.
Becoming a foster home is a good way to work with dogs without committing to one on a long term basis. Many abused and homeless animals are in shelters waiting for adoptions, but there is a lot of overcrowding and many resources are scarce. You can give a hand by fostering a dog without a home and try on the role of dog owner too!
It is no simple decision to take on a dog, but now that you are better informed about what to do, it's time to take the next step. Keep learning more about dogs and how to care for them. You will surely enjoy yourself while gaining useful knowledge.
Home and Garden Articles1. How To Rid Your Front Loading Washing Machine Of Mold
Author: Daniel Royale
2. Affordable And Reliable Plumbing Services In California
Author: Jack Ronald
3. Avoiding Glass Balustrade Breakages- Tips By Glass Balustrading Sydney
Author: John Carlos
4. Contact Bond Cleaning Perth For Professional Cleaning Services
5. Little Tricks To Achieve The Best Results In Domestic Cleaning Services
Author: Louis Gibbs
6. End Of Lease Cleaners Melbourne Guarantee Full Bond Amount Return For The Tenants
7. Reasons Why You Should Rely On New Home Builders Of Port Lincoln
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
8. Importance Of Plumbing Services For A Hassle Free Living
Author: Kelly M. Russum
9. How To Maintain Kitchen Mixer?
Author: Andrew Howard
10. Finding Unique Storage Thoughts For Your Kitchen Cabinets
Author: Robert J. Lewis
11. Design Ideas For Aging In place
Author: Mary Morris
12. Use Lb-3000 Compact Bowl Scale To Measure The Weight With Utmost Precision
Author: Nug Brand
13. Benefits Of Hiring Professional Painting Contractors For Exterior Painting
Author: Anu Radha
14. Walk-in Bathtubs: A Great Safe & Accessible Solution
15. 4 Regular House Maintenance Tips From Expert
Author: Nicholas Kashiwagi