ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Own A Dog? Get Answers To Your Questions HereBy Expert Author: Ronnie Lester
You have a plethora of animals choose from when you want a pet. You can choose from cats, rodents, fish, or reptiles. If you want a companion that will always love you, nothing is better than a dog. The following article will give you some great advice to help you take care of your dog.
Make your home dog-proof. This should be done before the dog shows up at your home. Put cleaning supplies and medications away and keep indoor trash inside a cabinet. Research the toxicity of plants you own, and move or remove anything that might be an issue.
Don't give table scraps to your dog. This will only teach him to beg constantly and also inhibit his appetite toward his regular food. A dog fed on table scraps will be prone to unhealthy weight gain, disruptive digestive problems, and other health issues. You can keep your dog healthy and avoid any temptation to feed it from the table by teaching it to spend dinnertime well away from your family.
If your dog spends a lot of time outdoors, he needs a dog house. Your dog could get sick if he is left outside in the cold or if the ground is wet. Keep your dog out of the wet weather and the wind by building a shelter that keeps them dry and gives them room.
Let your dog chew some rawhide rather than meat bones. Real bones chip apart and can become dangerously lodged in the oral cavity or digestive track. Rawhide is healthy and good for their teeth, so don't share that T-bone no matter what faces they make.
Get a dog house if you have a dog that you leave outside, in case the weather gets bad. If your dog's feet get wet, then the continued exposure can lead to stress and other health issues. Keep your dog safe by giving him shelter.
The daily brushing of your dog's coat is beneficial, in more ways that just stopping constant shedding. Brushing every day will also help give them a gorgeous, glossy coat. When you brush fur, you're also spreading around the oils that help keep your pet's coat looking shiny and healthy.
Schedule a visit for your new dog with your local veterinarian. When you bring them home, schedule a vet appointment. Your vet will administer the necessary shots and make sure your dog is in good health. Set up an appointment to have your dog fixed, too.
Becoming a foster home is a good way to work with dogs without committing to one on a long term basis. Many abused and homeless animals are in shelters waiting for adoptions, but there is a lot of overcrowding and many resources are scarce. You can give a hand by fostering a dog without a home and try on the role of dog owner too!
It is no simple decision to take on a dog, but now that you are better informed about what to do, it's time to take the next step. Keep learning more about dogs and how to care for them. You will surely enjoy yourself while gaining useful knowledge.
Home and Garden Articles1. Should I Replace My Entry Door?
Author: Mary Morris
2. Best Range Of Gas Cook Tops
3. Slab Leak Repair In The Easiest And Most Efficient Way
4. Top Reasons To Opt For Professional Window Glass Replacement In Chicago
Author: Russell Rabin
5. Pool Remodeling- Getting A New And Wonderful Pool For Your Home In Charleston
Author: David Smith
6. Everything You Should Know About Services In End Of Lease Cleaning
Author: Karanveer Rawat
7. Steps To Take Before You Buy A Mowing Franchise: Businesses For Sale
Author: Phil Maunder
8. Classic Design Of Venetian Blinds Giving Flexible Control Of Light And Privacy
Author: Joseph Zammit
9. The Biggest Home Furnishing Trends Of 2017 That Will Rule Your Home
Author: Nupur Tiwari
10. Architecture Design Ideas That Influence Modern Lifestyles
Author: Saloni Sharma
11. Waterproofing Of Timber Structures
Author: Matthew Lavitov
12. Top Small Business Opportunities In Australia
Author: karanveer rawat
13. A Special Guide To Buy The Solid Oak Furniture Of Best Quality
Author: Alain Murphy
14. How To Keep Your Ceramic Tile Floor Clean & Attractive
Author: Mike Aurtho
15. How Services Related To Water Damage Repair Are Helpful For Homes
Author: Lionale Donald