ALL >> Business >> View Article
Myths Busted About Storage That Could Be Costing Your Business
Total Articles: 18
There has been a good deal of buzz around Cisco’s intent to buy solid-state array company whiptail for a banging $415m (£260m). Declared simply last week, this news speaks volumes concerning the growing trend in all-flash SSD solutions. Thus why have such a large amount of businesses been so slow to adopt SSD into their own business architecture?
Here we are going to to dispel technology myths, particularly if those myths prove costly. Recently we've discovered that there are still an enormous quantity of myths current concerning flash SSD.
Flash SSD, is the relatively new idea born out of recent technology. By adapting flash SSD, like you have in a USB drive, means it is now easy to store and access additional info faster than ever.
However, several businesses have been holding back on investment as a result of these stubborn myths that cloud their judgement. Thus we dispel these common myths…
Myth 1: Flash SSD
This story is straightforward to know, as the price label on SSD's can be misleading; selecting between “£4 per GB for normal storage” and “£15 per GB for flash SSD" looks like a no brainer.
however the reality of the matter is that you simply get far more usable area with SSD. This can be right down to clever deduplication and compression technologies that increase usable area by up to four times.
Thus flash SSD is really much more price effective per GB than it might appear.
Don’t get us wrong, standard HDDs have worked pretty goddamned well for the last twenty odd years, however once you consider trendy demands, like virtualisation and databases, HDDs truly seem slower than tape storage used pre-1990s.
Wouldn't it be so much more easier & efficient if we could get this mechanical storage out of the latency path of performance workloads?
Well, that's specifically what flash SSD can do. Standard HDDs use their time and energy transferring data, resulting in a read/write time of milliseconds, whereas flash will complete the identical task in mere microseconds.
Therefore, as well as wasting less energy, flash SSD improves speed and performance by factors of a hundred! that's most likely why international IT giants like Google, Microsoft, Facebook and Amazon are all taking advantage of flash SSD extensively already.
Myth 3: My information won’t be safe
It’s undoubtedly risky trusting a brand new technology. What you've got has worked enough, and also the problems you have had along with your HDDs you are aware of and have been manageable.
however the very fact of the matter is that flash SSDs are a lot of technologically advanced in each approach – as well as error checking and correcting.
Business Articles1. Brilliant Advice For Your Start-up
Author: Carl Frederic Sealey
2. A New Life In Alanya/turkey
3. A Startup’s Quick Guide For Finding Tax And Accounting Services
Author: Hampry Gomes
4. Get Best Quality Fruits Gift Hampers Online
5. Castle Hill Best Indian Restaurant
6. Leaftrend – Ecofriendly Disposable Palm Leaf Plates, Wedding And Party Plates- 7 Inch Square Flat Pa
Author: Jane cristina
7. Signage | Box Up Signage| Digital Printing |dot2dot
8. Dosti Is Trusted Packers And Movers In Pune
9. Vinyl Windows Okc – Why It Is A Much Preferred Option For Homeowners
Author: Mark Sipla
10. 3 Benefits Of Using A Convertible Hand Truck
11. Optimizing Time Using The “beforehand” Technique
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
12. Exotic Experience With Bar And Grill
Author: pied Piper
13. What Are The Video Conferencing Perks For The Retail Sector?
14. All That You Need For Understanding Your Customers Today
Author: Surabhi Joshi
15. What Are The Mechanical Design Requirements For Electric Hoists?
Author: Mahi Sheth