ALL >> Computers >> View Article
Structured Query Language Server Integration Services
Total Articles: 49
ETL is an acronym for Extracting, Transforming and Loading data into a data warehouse or any other database or application that houses data. Taking the data transfer process to a higher level, Microsoft has patented its Structured Query Language (SQL) Server Integration Services (SSIS). SSIS is a platform for building high performance data integration solutions, subsuming ETL packages for data warehousing. SSIS envelopes the undermentioned functions:
1. Graphical tools for building data packages.
2. Tools and wizards for debugging any and all data packages.
3. Performing workflow functions such as File Transfer Protocol (FTP) operations.
4. Sending e-mail messages.
5. Knowledge base for data sources and destinations for extracting and loading data;
6. Transformations for cleaning, aggregating, merging, and copying data, akin to the ETL process.
7. Management of the Integration Services for administering package execution and storage.
8. Application programming interfaces (APIs) for programming the Integration Services object model.
As of 2012, Microsoft has redefined its functions as expressions (see reference 1 below), which can comprise more than one function. All tasks listed above are executed in different categories as:
a) Mathematical functions that perform calculations on numerical input values provided and output is in numerical values.
b) String functions that perform operations on string or hexadecimal input values and return a string or numeric value.
c) Date and time functions that perform operations on date and time values and return string, numeric, or date and time values.
d) System functions that return information about an expression.
In effect, the SSIS programmer creates an ETL package with certain extra facilities that include looping, configurations, error flow logic and logging. It goes without saying that the said programmer knows the data format used both at source and destination, so that he can program the transformations necessary to route the source data to its destination. The source data is often stored in flat files, using at least four columns, of which the currency key and date key are relatively important.
If the data sourced is flat file data, the programmer must know how the flat file connection manager interprets that data, as the type of source code data has default column widths. For instance, Unicode( see reference 2 below), a computing industry standard for the consistent encoding, representation and handling of text expressed in most of the world's writing systems and American National Standards Institute (ANSI) encoded Flat File data both have a default column width of 50. The programmer may have to change these defaults to match the column types in use at the destination where the data will be written to and then choose the correct type within the Flat File connection manager.
BY Unique Solutions of Advanced Technologies Inc
USATInc.com is the online presence of the company. They provide quality, reliable and cost effective IT Solutions that eliminate bottlenecks and frustration in running a business. USATInc.com is helping customers achieve success via custom software development, custom programming services, legacy applications management, IT consulting, and staff augmentation services. Their service offerings aimed to improve business operations, business efficiency and profitability.
Computers Articles1. Give A Good Kick Start To Your Busy Day With 3d Printers Machine
2. Codefire Coming Up With Beneficial Mobile App Development Services
Author: Amitesh Kumar
3. Microsoft Products Are Compatible With Windows Operating Systems As Well Mac
Author: Robin Ponting
4. Laptop Screen Repair Centre Glasgow – Laptop Repairer
Author: laptop screen repair glasgow,
5. Manage Project Efficiently With Online Project Management Tools
6. Create Your Smart Address On Map Directions Google To Simply Finding Your Address
7. Improving Cyber Security: Are You Going For The Best?
Author: Megan Darcy
8. Data, Data Everywhere: How Machine Learning Tools Capture The Most Valuable Insights From Your Massi
Author: Bob Kramich
9. Reshape Your Beauty With Online Portrait Retouch Services
10. Take Care Of Your Teeth - It Is More Valuable Than A Diamond
11. Follow Pink Mirror For A Better Version Of Yourself
12. Some Of The Effective Ways How To Make Whiten Teeth Naturally
13. Use Retouch Apps To Reduce Face Size And Look Flawless
14. Get Best Online Photo Editor Tool For Retouching
15. Types Of Lips And What They Reveal About Your Personality