ALL >> Health >> View Article
Christian Family Counselling Is A Rewarding And Enjoyable Career
Total Articles: 19
Are you looking for a career that is fulfilling, one that allows you to help others, one that lets you use your faith? Then you need to look at training for Christian family counselling, this is an amazing career where you can help others through your faith. Working as a Christian counsellor is an incredibly rewarding and enjoyable job, one that has social worth and personal value.
You will find that there are some fantastic training providers who specialise in Christian counselling, offering courses where you will learn about the nature of humanity, the nature of sin, the need of humanity, the nature of God, the fatherhood of God, epistemology, worldviews, the role of psychology, the integration of theology and psychology, all of which will provide you with a good grounding for your career.
These courses understand the importance of grounding your education in Christian principles. They will teach you about Jesus-style counselling, the Holy Spirit and counselling, the role of prayer and Scripture, goals of counselling, sanctification, qualities of a Christian counsellor, levels of counselling, phases of counselling, ethics, God’s ways in healing and growth, blockages to healing, facilitating change, the supernatural power of God, tools, contracts, goal-setting and action, basic counselling procedure.
The course should teach you about basic counselling practices like an introduction to listening skills, experiential counselling, the work of Rogers, Charkuff, Egan, Collins, Sweeten, self-exploration, direct and indirect approaches, basic counselling skills, active listening (attending, respect, empathy), the other five core conditions of counselling (genuineness, self-disclosure, concreteness, challenging, immediacy) and conflict resolution. It is important that you are taught the practical basics required to be a practicing counsellor.
Make sure that the Christian family therapist course also instructs you on the best of scientific based practice, teaching you about the various models of psychotherapy, insight (psychodynamic – Freud, Jung, Adler, etc.) stream, experiential stream (client centred, humanistic, Gestalt, etc.), and cognitive-behaviour stream (behaviourism, Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy, Cognitive Therapy, Reality Therapy, etc.). Find a course that understands the importance of both the scientific and faith aspects of being a Christian counsellor.
Once you have graduated from your Christian counselling courses you will find that you have the choice between working as a self-employed professional counsellor/family therapist or in a counselling clinic, in a church, certain government departments, schools, and as chaplains.
Take one of the great counselor courses available and start your new and exciting career helping others.
For the past 3 years I have been writing informative and high quality articles on topic such as christian family counselling, christian family therapist,counselor courses and many more.
Health Articles1. Popularity Of Big Breasts In The 21st Century!
Author: Pankaj Singhal
2. Anti Aging Treatment In Bangalore
3. Things About Ground Ambulance That You Must Know
Author: Amb Life
4. Few Reasons To Choose Dental Implants
Author: Nazila Nosratieh
5. What To Do If Your Hair Transplant Treatment Failed
Author: Pankaj Singhal
6. 7 Ways To Keep A Brilliant Attitude As A Caregiver
Author: Warren Winnipeg
7. Diet And Male Organ Function May Be Related
Author: John Dugan
8. Prp Skin Treatment – Breast Augmentation In Dubai Can Help You Achieve Natural Size Of The Breast!
Author: Abharan Dari
9. Top Benefits Of Choosing Dental Implants
Author: Wynona G. Ehret
10. Itchy Member Primer: Midsection Lice
Author: John Dugan
11. How ‘psychiatric’ And ‘power Of Psychiatrists’ Can Improve Your Life
12. An Orthodontist In San Bruno Explains Some Of The Benefits Of Invisalign
Author: Steve Irwin
13. Lecithin Supplements Can Support Your Liver Health, Your Nervous System, And Your Digestive System S
Author: oen thomson
14. Couples Counseling Therapy – Marriage Counseling Can Make A Big Difference For Both Of You!
Author: Dennis Tucker
15. Where To Start A Bathroom Remodel Functionality For Your Home
Author: Logan Daniel