ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Business Travel Expected To Rebound
Total Articles: 468
A slowly improving economy, as well as a ready supply of cheap travel options, including cheap airplane tickets and discount hotel rooms, is expected to contribute to spending on business travel increasing next year.
The Global Business Travel Association (GBTA) is projecting that spending on business travel will experience a healthy increase in 2014. However the partial shutdown of the federal government is having a negative impact on the economy and could lessen the projected increase.
U.S. business travel is forecast to increase slightly more than 7 percent next year, to almost $289 billion, with the number of trips rising a little less than 2 percent to 459 million.
Forty percent of the members of this Association said that the government shutdown has negatively affected them, their business, or their workers. 57 percent of that group noted that the business travel industry have been adversely impacted as a result of cancelled meetings or business opportunities in the U.S.
GBTA continues to expect a growing U.S. economy, consistent profits, and increasing investments, will all contribute to companies spending more on trips next year.
Travel abroad is expected to be even stronger. Spending on business trips outside the U.S. is estimated to grow by over 12 percent to almost $37 billion in 2013. This compares very favorably to the modest increase of less than 2 percent in 2013.
Another key reason for the forecasted rebound in traveling is the expected rise of spending on group travel, including off site meetings of employees and industry conventions. Spending here is predicted to go up by over 7 percent to $124 billion in 2014.
Future increases in overall spending on travel are largely based on U.S. companies being profitable and sitting on excess cash. Business travel activity is stimulated when the economic conditions appear to be conducive to exploiting new business opportunities.
Travel Articles1. Explore 5 Beautiful Lakes In Ooty Apart From Ooty Lake
2. The Best Offering Package For The Holy Tour Of Chardham Yatra This Coming September
Author: Char Dham Yatra
3. Different Rides For Prom In Chicago From A Charter Coach Bus Rental Company
4. Let Loose In Los Angeles With Bus Tours
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Natural Meets History Of The Kruger National Park
6. Five Free Things To Do In Key West
Author: Dale Dunlop
7. Destination Key West: Popular Attractions
Author: Dale Dunlop
8. Cycling Tours In The French Alps
Author: David Luther
9. Top Trekking & Hiking Trails In Nepal
Author: Mountain Hawk Trekking
10. Mardi Himal Trek - Best Alternative To Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Author: Himalaya Trekking Team
11. Three Exquisite Yet Cultural Cities Of Peshawar That You May Never Want To Leave
Author: Flights Masters
12. Rent The Driver’s Place; Enjoy With Family And Kids On Your Trips
Author: Robert Anhouse
13. Dmz Taxi Tour – Driver Guide Tour Can Make The Dmz Tour A More Planned One!
Author: Brian Lee
14. The Car Rental Dubai Agency Is Your One Stop Shop To Hire The Best Car Of Your Choice
15. Areas Of Cuba
Author: Stephen David