ALL >> Entertainment >> View Article
Mark Brewer’s View Of Some Disturbing Trends In Recent Animated Movies
Total Articles: 5
If you are parent like I am, you have watched all the latest animation movies by Disney, Pixar or Dreamworks. Kids just love to watch this genre and they have fun all the way. Being a parent I love to see my little one happy. The genre has given us many memorable movies, which are also cherished by the adolescents. My friend Mr. Phoenix loves to watch The Lion King and he watched the movie more than 20 times, while Mr. Oak has watched Beauty and the Beast about a dozen times. I love to watch the Kung Fu Panda whenever I get a chance. Apart from being a parent I (Mark Brewer) am also a keen follower and at times a critic of movies. In the recent times I feel that there are many flaws creeping into animated movies that may lead to the downfall of this beautiful genre. Some of these flaws are potent enough to stop the kids from visiting the movie theatres to watch their favorite characters. May be the below given facts may seem too melodramatic for you but this is my (Mark Brewer) view.
• Similarity in Storyline: If you have watched the animation movie releases over the last few years you are bound to find the story or subject similar. The movies feature aliens (Mars Needs Moms, Escape from Planet Earth, Wall-E, Monsters vs. Aliens, etc.), animals (Happy Feet, Kung Fu Panda, Ice Age, Open Season, Madagascar, Rio, Puss in Boots, Rango, etc.), fish (Shark Tale, Finding Nemo, etc.), monsters (Monsters Inc, Monsters University, Hotel Transylvania, etc.) or super villains (Megamind, The Incredibles, Despicable Me, etc.). To compound to the issue, most of these movies have sequels. Even the upcoming movies this year follow the same trend.
• Similarity in Voices: Apart from the subject lines there are also a lot of similarities in the personalities who voice for the characters. Some of the artists featuring in multiple animated movies include: Seth Rogen (Monsters vs. Aliens, Shrek the Third, Kung Fu Panda I and II, Horton Hears a Who), Ryan Reynolds (Turbo, Croods), Jane Lynch (Rio, Space Chimps, Shrek Forever, Escape from Planet Earth, Space Chimps), Robin Williams (Robots, Happy Feet I and II, Aladdin, Everyone’s Hero) and others.
• Similarity in Music: Would you believe it, there is also a similarity in the music for the movies. Most of the animated movies use pop band Owl City to create their scores. The pop band has recently worked for movies such as Escape from Planet Earth, The Croods, Legend of the Guardians and Monsters University. Owl City is not liked by most music lovers. Mr. Phoenix was shocked to find their name in these reputed animation movies.
• Pushing 3D: Hollywood seems to be fascinated with 3D, whether it matches the story or not. There is a compulsory use of 3D seen in animated movies. In some movies there is no scope to add 3D effects, yet the producers force it upon the audiences.
Hope the future movies will rectify these mistakes and make animated movies much more entertaining to watch. Being Mark Brewer I love animated movies and would only want this genre to flourish.
Entertainment Articles1. Read Nature Poetry Books By Rupinder Kaur Kaiche
Author: Rupinder Kaur Kaiche
2. Why Should You Join A Dance Class?
Author: John Watson
3. Key Considerations While Renting A Photo Booth
Author: Photoworks Interactive
4. How To Watch Online Tv For Free
Author: Adam Gilchrist
5. Satta Matka Betting For A Wealthy Fate
Author: Pankaj Kumar
6. Know Why Kidzania Is The Best Attraction Park For Kids
Author: Bhawana Nirman
7. The 1920s Dancers For Hire Surely Electrifies The Dance Floors With Yesteryear Entertainment
8. Party All Night At Top Lounge Bar In Udaipur!! Brc
9. Mamma Mia Theatre Tickets In London
Author: novello london
10. What Is Iptv Services
Author: john robert
11. Corporate Events In Kerala
Author: malu maluglobosoft
12. Make This Dewali Veryspecial With A Delhi Model Escort
13. Online Casino Games By Software
14. Choose Pole Dance To Remain Fit, Not To Impress Others
Author: Spencer Holden
15. Should You Invest In An Overwatch Aimbot?
Author: Sia Benet