ALL >> Computer-Programming >> View Article
8 Steps To Connect Your Linksys Router To Another Router
Total Articles: 51
Linksys is the company that produces home and office networking devices.In the year 2013 a major change in the management and home networking division was sold out to Belkin company. So, now you get the product is branded as Linksys by Cisco company.There are some products in the Linksys that are of broadband and wireless routers.
Here you will get the steps to connect the Linksys router to other router in home or office known as cascading. This cascading is needed when user want to optimize the performance of the router. Other reasons for cascading the routers are:
To Expand the range of the wireless network range
Isolate the traffic of network In this situation, there is a primary router which in this situation is of Linksys. The secondary router can also be of any other brand. The guidelines is only for Linksys so fix it quickly if it Linksys Router.
Just check the main or primary router is having the active internet connection before attaching to the secondary router.If you connect the routers wirelessly, then this connection is called bridging and this is supported by very less companies and are available for few routers. There are two ways to connect the Linksys router with other router.
LAN to LAN: It connects the one of the LAN port of the main router with the LAN port of the other router. This connection could be successful if the routers are of same LAN IP different.
LAN to WAN: It is connecting the LAN router port with LAN port of the secondary router. In this LAN IP segment can be different. If you cascading the LAN to WAN then, routers need to of different IP address just to avoid any type of conflicts.
Now discussing the steps of cascading router via LAN to WAN:
1. Check the IP address of the main or primary router.
2. Pair your system to the other router. It can be your desktop or Laptop connected to the LAN ports of the other router.
3. Check the configuration page of the other router
4. Under the router set-up sub-tab, check IP Address or Local IP Address. You will notice the same IP address as of the main router, just modify the digits in the fourth box.
5. Disabled the DHCP Server.
6. Save the setting
7. Now detach the cable from the system and connect it to the LAN ports present on the main or primary router.
8. Power the secondary or other router and once the Power light turns red, you may check connectivity of the internet.
Acetecsupport is the leading third-party service provider of computer support services. Our services include Linksys Router Support, antivirus issues, malware issues, spyware issues, wireless router connectivity issues, printer drivers issues, and non-computer devices etc. If you are looking for Linksys Router Support, You can get Linksys Router Support by acetecsupport experts.
Computer Programming Articles1. Dotnet Training In Chennai
2. App Store Optimization Services | How To Increase App Downloads
Author: Richelle Guo
3. Customized E-commerce Portal
Author: cs infotech
4. In Java , How Can We Inherit The Constructor
5. Magento Ecommerce: The Perfect Fit For Your B2b Ecommerce Website
Author: Jonathan Paul
6. Put Things In Proper Perceptions With Contract Management Software
Author: James Blake
7. In Java How To Control The Members With In The Class To Access Outside
8. Oops Concept Beginning And Important Steps Of Java Developers
9. 2 Most Important Factors To Take Care Of For An Impactful Web Design
10. Career Options For Java Learners To Make Bright Career
11. Servlet To Develop The Web Application Dynamically
12. Jvm Plays An Important Role In Execution Of Java Program
13. Techno - Software Maintenance Company
Author: Mr Paul James
14. Multithreading To Perform Multiple Task Simultaneously
15. 8 Tips For Your Ecommerce Mobile App Development
Author: Raju Katari