ALL >> Investing---Finance >> View Article
Chhattisgarh Surguja Umpp 14th Time Unlucky
Total Articles: 10
Chhattisgarh Surguja Power Ltd’s efforts to find a developer have failed once again. The power company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Power Finance Corporation Ltd., has once again extended the last date for submission of response to global invitation floated to pre-qualify a developer for its proposed Chhattisgarh Surguja Ultra Mega Power Project (UMPP).
Poor response from the private developers has forced Chhattisgarh Surguja Power to postpone the submission date for the 14th time since it originally published the global invitation in March 2010. The RfQ is now slated to be opened on 3 October 2013.
Chhattisgarh Surguja Power plans to set up a 4,000 MW coal based power unit near Salka-Khameria villages at Udaypur tehsil in Surguja district of Chhattisgarh on BOO basis. The project will spread over 2,500 acre of land. Of the total required land, about 1,200 acre will utilised for setting up the power plant, 1,000 acre for ash dam, 200 acre for water conservation and 100 acre for developing a housing complex for staff members.
Private power developers’ interest in setting up UMPPs has waned in the recent years for several reasons. Non availability of land, coal linkage, rise in price of imported coal, non availability of equipments are some of the main project hurdles faced by power promoters.
As a result, of the total 16 UMPPs initiated by the government, only 4 UMPPs were handed over to private parties. Of this one, the Mundra UMPP has been completed and the other three are under various stages of implementation. The balance 12 UMPPs are still awaiting for developers.
UMPPs awaiting developers
Project Promoter Progress
Surguja UMPP Chhattisgarh Surguja Power Tendering stage
Sundergarh UMPP Orissa Integrated Power Tendering stage & awaiting environment clearance
Cheyyur UMPP Coastal Tamil Nadu Power Awaiting environment clearance
Tatiya Andhra UMPP Tatiya Andhra Mega Power Planning stage
Deoghar UMPP Deoghar Mega Power Awaiting environment clearance
Orissa UMPP (2) Sakhigopal Integrated Power Awaiting state government approval
Orissa UMPP (3) Ghogarpalli Integrated Power Co. Awaiting state government approval
Munge UMPP Coastal Maharashtra Mega Power Planning stage
Tadadi UMPP Coastal Karnataka Power Planning stage
Bihar UMPP Power Finance Corporation Location approved by CEA
Tamil Nadu UMPP (2) Power Finance Corporation Nascent
Gujarat UMPP (2) Power Finance Corporation Nascent
Investing / Finance Articles1. 5 Hacks To Getting Loan Against Property Approved
Author: Atish Nayar
2. How A Claims Adviser Helps With Insurance Claims
Author: Edmund Brunetti
3. Avoid These Mistakes While Hiring A Cpa Firm
Author: Hampry Gomes
4. Top Tips For Mcx Commodity Trading
Author: Riya Jain
5. How To Claim Unclaimed Fixed Deposits From Banks
Author: Arwind Sharma
6. 12 Month Payday Loans Direct Lenders
Author: Carol Adams
7. Where To Look For Ongoing Projects In Mumbai In 2017?
8. Benefits Of Hiring A Tax Accountant
Author: Karen Lee
9. Impact Of Gst On Manufacturers And Their Distribution Networks
Author: Rahul Sutraj
10. Quickly Find Ideal Program For Commercial Lending In Atlanta
Author: John Bairstow
11. Why Emv Credit Card Terminals Are Necessary For Business?
Author: Satya Nadella
12. Get Set For A Great Retirement Life
Author: Deepesh Reddy
13. Payday Loan In India, Payday Loan India, Payday Loans India
Author: Mayank Aswal
14. Mashreqpay Program To Ease Your Personal & Business Life
Author: Jeff Usman
15. Maximize Your Profitability With Trade12 Trading Services