ALL >> Business >> View Article
Dhaka Stock Exchange: The Economic Center Of Bangladesh
Total Articles: 10
The Dhaka stock exchange is the main stock exchanges of Bangladesh which is located in Motijheel, Dhaka. In 2010, combined capitalization of market listed companies on Dhaka Bourse stood and also cross $50 Billion.
Formation of DSE:
There were 8 promoters involved in the formation of DSE. First name of DSE was East Pakistan Stock Exchange Association Limited, established on April 18, 1954. The name was changed to Dhaka Stock Exchange Limited on May 14, 1964. DSE is a public limited company; formed and managed under the Company Act 1994, Security Exchange (Inside Trading) regulation 1994, Security and Exchange Commission Act 1993, Security and Exchange Commission Regulation 1994. This company’s issued capital is Tk 500,000 which is divided up into 250 shares each pricing Tk 2000. Any firm or individual can buy only one share. Presently it has 238 members. The market capitalization of DSE reached $9 million in September 2007 and $27.4 million in December 2009.
Management and operation:
There is a board of director of 25 members to handle the management and operation of Dhaka stock exchange. Among them 12 are selected from different trade bodies and relevant organizations, another 12 are elected from DSE members. The 25th ex-official member of the board is the CEO. The following organizations are presently holding the positions in DSE board- (1) ICB (2) President of Dhaka Chamber of Commerce and Industry (3) Bangladesh Bank (4) President of Institute of Chartered Accountants of Bangladesh (5) President of Federation of Bangladesh of Chambers of Commerce and Industry (6) President of Metropolitan Chambers of Commerce and Industry (7) Professor of Finance Department of Dhaka University.
The DSE is open for trading from Sunday to Thursday between10.30am- 2.30am BST, but exception in holidays declared by the Exchange in advance. The exchange is open for trading between 10.30am-1.30 in the month of Ramadan.
Functions of DSE:
The major functions of DSE are- (1) Listing of companies ( as per listing regulation) (2) settlements of trading (as per settlement of transaction regulation) (3) Gifting of share/ granting approval to the transfer/transaction of shares outside the trading system of the exchange ( as per listing regulation 42) (4) providing the screen based automated trading of listed securities. (5) Market surveillance (6) market administration and control (7) monitoring of activities of listed companies (as per listing regulations) (8) publication of monthly review (9) investors grievance Cell (disposal of complaint by laws 1997) (10) investor protection fund (as fund investor protection fund regulations 1999) (11) announcement of price sensitive or other information about listed companies through online.
DSE clearing and settlement system:
There is Automated Clearing and Settlement System (CNS) to control all post trade activities. Brokerage houses, Clearing Banks and DSE Finance Division and CDBL are its main stakeholders. Its major activities are-
(1) Clearing: In this process DSE make payment by credit instruction and deliver share by CDBL clearing schedule to buying broke.
(2) Settlement: DSE receives all receivable amounts, charges from selling broker and mark selling shares in selling broker by clearing account through CDBL settlement schedule.
Business Articles1. Advantages And Disadvantages Of Concrete Staining
Author: Ben Lager
2. What To Look For When Hiring An Ocean Freight Shipping Company
Author: William Santos
3. Top 4 Advantages Of Concrete Coating
Author: Ben Lager
4. Centrifugal Blower Manufacturer In India|centrifugal Blower Fan
5. Building A Modern Architecture Homes- Planning And Concept
Author: Leila Adam
6. Thorough Proofreading Finesses Documents, Raises The Organization’s Reputation
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
7. Design And Build Contractor Singapore – Get The Best Services From Interior Renovation Contractor!
Author: James Han
8. Meishen–a Bright Star In Magnesium Oxide Industry
Author: hu Allen
9. Grow Customer Base And Market Presence With Pharmacist Email Lists For Your Business Campaign
Author: Adam Tyson
10. Adapt New Forms Of B2b Communication With Infection Control Directors Mailing List
Author: Andrew Rayel
11. Moby Wrap Baby Carrier
12. Care For Your Deck
Author: Blue Star Carpentry has been specializing in custom decks for over a decade. When you sit outside wi
13. How Does A Small B2b Company Increase The sales?
Author: Mohit Yadev
14. Latest Job Vacancies In India
15. Why Are Aap And Congress Supporters Opposing A Tax Reform Like The Gst? Are They Anti-nationals?
Author: Mohit Yadev