ALL >> Legal >> View Article
What Are You Entitled To After A Car Accident?
Total Articles: 29
File for claims soon after the car accident. Do not attempt to give statements to an insurance adjuster without the presence of a personal injury claim attorney in Arizona, whom you should hire to make your case a success. He will tell you what you are entitled of, considering that you are a victim.
1. Primarily, you should ask for payment of your hospital bills, doctor visits, as well as medications and therapies. You can even charge the insurance company for your transportation cost going to the doctor’s clinic or medical center. Gather all the receipts that you have, along with the doctor’s prescription. Keep a copy of the therapy program that you have to submit yourself into, as recommended by a primary care physician, a specialist or a therapist. This is your proof of an ongoing or future treatment.
2. If your car requires repair, you may include this in your personal injury claim as well. You need to submit the expected cost for repair, as prepared by the body shop that will fix your car. It should write in details all the necessary bodyworks that your vehicle necessitates. Never include jobs that will only beautify your car; they are not the responsibility of the driver who caused the accident.
3. You may file a claim for pain and suffering, which refers to the emotional stress or physical pain that you experience due to the car accident. There is no standard formula to compute the costs for pain and suffering. Some come up with a calculation by multiplying the medical bills by two or even four. Some made estimations only. Whichever way you choose to compute it (or whichever way your personal injury attorney in Arizona knows how to better calculate it), you just have to make sure that you have sufficient documents to prove your claim. Evidences that may offer huge help include medical report, police record, prescription and medication receipts, pictures of the injuries and medical bills.
4. In case you will not be able to work for a longer span of time, you will have to include lost wages in your claims. Your doctor should be able to issue medical certificate, which will serve as proof that you will need to take a rest for a certain amount of time. On the other hand, you will have to seek compensation for future lost wages in case you can no longer work because of the accident.
5. You may also ask for reimbursement for out-of-pocket expenses like hiring a maid if you cannot do household chores at home or a nanny to take care of your child.
It is easy to think of the things that you are entitled to after the car accident. This is especially if you hire an experienced personal injury attorney in Arizona. However, you just have to prepare yourself. The process may take a while. You and your lawyer will even have to discuss matters with a claims adjuster to ensure that you get fair compensation.
Legal Articles1. 5 Tips For Protecting Yourself After A Slip And Fall Injury In Phoenix, Az
2. What Losses Are Recoverable After A Car Accident In Phoenix?
3. Bad Driving Habits That Can Be Fatal
Author: Christopher A. Richard
4. New Rules Affecting Massachusettsworkers’ Compensation Law
Author: Conston Taylor
5. How Do Immigration Lawyers Help?
Author: Hudson Mckenzie
6. No Additional Burden On Home-buyers Under Gst, Landlords Stay Exempt - Best Time To Buy Property
Author: The Hemisphere
7. Quick Guide For Selecting The Best Personal Injury Attorney For A Slip And Fall Case
Author: Ladas Law
8. Get Aware Of The Right Family Lawyer In Fort Worth
Author: J Kevin Clark
9. Ten Kinds Of Car Accident Injuries That Require You To Hire An Expert Dallas Accident Lawyer
Author: Nick Feizy
10. Boston Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You Win The Case
Author: Powers Caccavale
11. Top 3 Reasons A Business In London Needs A Commercial Law Firm More Than Ever.
Author: Hudson Mckenzie
12. Who Can File A Wrongful Death Claim In Arizona?
13. When To Seek An Accident Attorney In Comparative Negligence Cases
14. Bail Process: Questions To Ask A Bail Bondsman
Author: Emily Stone
15. Cycle Accident: How To Ask For Compensation
Author: Chris Thayer