ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Take Good Care Of Your Home By Using These Plumbing Tips
Total Articles: 44
There may come a time when you have issues with your plumbing, whether it's a clogged sink or plugged up toilet. Check out the tips and suggestions in the article below that will show you easy things you can do on your own to solve these issues, and save a call to a plumber.
If a pipe ever freezes, you need to make sure to shut off the water. This will keep the pipe from bursting and causing you major damage to your home. Make sure to shut the water off at the main valve, and then open the faucet that is closest to the frozen pipe so it can drain while it is thawing out.
The areas of floor around your toilets are particularly susceptible to water damage; here's how you can check them. Straddle the toilet, then start rocking on each foot to check whether you feel softness or weakening on the floor under you. By noticing a problem early on, you can save yourself a bunch of money if you were to leave it alone.
While various toilet tablets and odor removers may be tempting, it's best not to use them in your toilet. While these tablets may be an easy way to clean your toilet and hide odors, they also contain chemicals that can break down the rubber fixtures in your toilet. Long-term use of these products can slow or even stop the functioning of your toilet.
During the winter, preventing frozen pipes when you live in a small dwelling can be something good to know. Frozen pipes will not only stop your flow of water but can crack and damage pipes. By running a little water out of every faucet during the coldest parts of the day, you can avoid this.
While it may seem like a seemingly harmless thing to do, never run potato peels through your garbage disposal. The chemical make up of this seemingly harmless food allows the potato to turn into a thick, viscous substance that can wreak havoc on the disposal itself, with the potential to render it completely useless.
Never pour grease down the kitchen-sink drain. This will help you avoid clogs in your kitchen sink. Place grease in a can or other receptacles and dispose of in the trash. Grease that has congealed on pots, and pans can be wiped off with paper towels that can be thrown in the trash.
Do not be surprised if a plumber charges you more than commercial water heater repair you expected. Many customers think that fixing a toilet or other drainage problem should be easy, therefore the price should be low. You must remember that not only does a plumber have to charge for labor, but they have to charge for parts that you need.
Before the cold season hits, check out the condition of your gutters on the roof of your house. Remove all debris, leaves and branches so that you can have a smooth flow of water and easy drainage. Caretaking in advance will help to prevent serious issues with plumbing down the road.
As you can see, there's no reason to pay so much just to wait for a plumber to come and fix a problem that you could be working on yourself. Applying the tips in this article can save you time and money next time your plumbing needs to be repaired.
Artisan Plumbing is located in Castlerock Colorado. Available for all of your Emergency Plumbing Needs. Emergency Plumbing Repair to Simple Leaks give us a call.
Home and Garden Articles1. Things To Consider Before Installing Outdoor Blinds
Author: Darcy Morley
2. Inspiring Window Treatments Ideas For Bedrooms
Author: Dean Ackles
3. The Steps One Should Follow To Build A Strong Construction
Author: Jordan Baxter
4. Keeping Your Grass Greener With Lawn Mowing And Gardening Professionals
Author: Tony Bulic
5. The Evaporative Air Coolers India Offer Best Models To Suit Various Industrial And Commercial Coolin
6. Choose The Best Company For Several Cleaning & Maintenance Services
Author: Douglas Lugviel
7. Commercial Painting Can Transform A Dull Commercial Property Into A Stunning Masterpiece!
Author: Anu Radha
8. Top Qualities Of A Responsible Plumber That You Should Hire
Author: Artur Filoncik
9. Best 5 Ways To Choosing Quality Hand Tools Online
Author: Alan Cory
10. Roman Blinds - Great Way To Add A Little Class And Atmosphere To Your Home
Author: Joseph Zammit
11. How Roof Restoration Can Be Beneficial For Your Home?
Author: Jim Chronopoulos
12. How A Cleaner Air Conditioner Helps To Save Energy
13. Landscape Lighting: A Way To Make Your Home Look The Best From The Rest
Author: Christine Delongte
14. Rise Value Of Your House By Upgrading Your Bathroom And Kitchen
Author: Andrew Howard
15. Advantages Of A Mini-split System
Author: Mary Morris