ALL >> Beauty >> View Article
Total Articles: 1
Lakmé is an Indian brand of cosmetics, owned by Unilever and run by CEO Anil Chopra. Lakme started as a 100% subsidiary of Tata Oil Mills (Tomco), part of the Tata Group; it was named after the French opera Lakmé, which itself is the French form of Lakshmi, the goddess of wealth, also renowned for her beauty. Indian cosmet Lakme was started in 1952, famously because the then Prime Minister, Jawaharlal Nehru, was concerned that Indian women were spending precious foreign exchange on beauty products, and personally requested JRD Tata to manufacture them in India. Simone Tata joined the company as director, and went on to become its chairman. In 1996 Tata sold off their stakes in Lakmé Lever to HLL, for Rs 200 Crore(45 million US$), and went on to create Trent and Westside. Even today, when most multinational beauty products are available in India, Lakme still occupies a special place in the hearts of Indian women.
Lakmé is an opera in three acts by Léo Delibes to a French libretto by Edmond Gondinet and Philippe Gille. The score, written in 1881–1882, was first performed on 14 April 1883 by the Opéra Comique at the Salle Favart in Paris. Set in British India in the mid-19th century, Lakmé is based on Theodore Pavie's novel (including "les babouches du Brahamane") and novel Le Mariage de Loti by Pierre Loti.
Lakme also started its new business in the beauty industry by setting up Lakme Beauty Salons all over India. Now HUL (Hindustan Unilever Limited) has about 110 salons all over India providing beauty services. Lakme' has been ranked as 47th most trusted brand in India by The Brand Trust Report The company is the title sponsor for Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) a bi-annual fashion event which takes place in Mumbai.
Beauty Articles1. Top Things You Should Know Before Visiting A Hair Salon In Orlando Fl
Author: Nima Farshid
2. Is Your Skin Dry And Dehydrated? Get Your Healthy And Glowing Skin Back!
Author: Anna Paul
3. The Fine Art Of Conditioning Your Hair With Henna
Author: Vishal Parihar
4. 10 Most Effective Natural Skin Care Techniques During Winters
5. Top 6 Qualities Of A Successful Hairstylist
Author: Chris Babb
6. Bridal Makeup Bangalore
7. How To Find A Reliable Cosmetic Clinic
Author: Pankaj Singhal
8. Unveil The Overpowering Effect Of Top Four Hand Massage Near Chelsea!
Author: Danny Gill
9. Tips To Make Your Nails Stronger
Author: Ammar Shaikh
10. Tattoo Removal
Author: GULSHAN Kumar
11. Two Important Aspects On Buying Face Mask
Author: Hagen Sanders
12. Clip Ins Human Hair Extension – A Gift For Fashionable Women
Author: Louise Bailey
13. Make A Fashion Statement In The Uk With 100% Human Hair Weave For You
Author: Ms Diane Mead
14. Details About Bio – Cellulose Technology
Author: Hagen Sanders
15. Cosmetics Now A Days.
Author: Atul Anand