ALL >> Beauty >> View Article
Total Articles: 1
Lakmé is an Indian brand of cosmetics, owned by Unilever and run by CEO Anil Chopra. Lakme started as a 100% subsidiary of Tata Oil Mills (Tomco), part of the Tata Group; it was named after the French opera Lakmé, which itself is the French form of Lakshmi, the goddess of wealth, also renowned for her beauty. Indian cosmet Lakme was started in 1952, famously because the then Prime Minister, Jawaharlal Nehru, was concerned that Indian women were spending precious foreign exchange on beauty products, and personally requested JRD Tata to manufacture them in India. Simone Tata joined the company as director, and went on to become its chairman. In 1996 Tata sold off their stakes in Lakmé Lever to HLL, for Rs 200 Crore(45 million US$), and went on to create Trent and Westside. Even today, when most multinational beauty products are available in India, Lakme still occupies a special place in the hearts of Indian women.
Lakmé is an opera in three acts by Léo Delibes to a French libretto by Edmond Gondinet and Philippe Gille. The score, written in 1881–1882, was first performed on 14 April 1883 by the Opéra Comique at the Salle Favart in Paris. Set in British India in the mid-19th century, Lakmé is based on Theodore Pavie's novel (including "les babouches du Brahamane") and novel Le Mariage de Loti by Pierre Loti.
Lakme also started its new business in the beauty industry by setting up Lakme Beauty Salons all over India. Now HUL (Hindustan Unilever Limited) has about 110 salons all over India providing beauty services. Lakme' has been ranked as 47th most trusted brand in India by The Brand Trust Report The company is the title sponsor for Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) a bi-annual fashion event which takes place in Mumbai.
Beauty Articles1. What Permanent Makeup Eyebrows Cost Is Actually Covering Up For Women
2. Hire The Best Acupuncturist To Receive The Key Benefits Through Acupuncture Treatment
3. The Adorableness Of Acceptable Hair Clippers
Author: Sofia Stephan
4. How Do Spa Remedies Advantage Your Wellbeing?
Author: Sofia Stephan
5. Are You New At All To Lace Wigs?
Author: Jeffrey Olive
6. When And How To Choose A Makeup Artist In Udaipur
7. Climbing Gear & Outdoor Adventure Equipment Part - Iii
Author: For more details on our products and services, pl
8. Bridal Make-up
Author: Yash Makeovers
9. What Is Hair Weave And What Is Its Precautions
Author: Brooklyn’s Finest Unisex Hair Salon
10. Get Detailed Considerations About Your Eyebrow Enhancements
11. Strip Free Wax Hair Removal – No Pain And A Lot Of Gain
Author: Paul Ortiz
12. Permanent Eyebrow Tattoo Cost In Dallas – Why And How Much Is It?
13. 5 Common Mistakes Of Wearing Perfume Like Lomani Bella Eau De Perfume
14. Everything You Need To Know About Non-surgical Hair Replacement
Author: Just Hair Clinic services
15. Top Natural Black Hair Care Tips
Author: Brooklyn's Finest Unisex Hair Salon