ALL >> Beauty >> View Article
Total Articles: 1
Lakmé is an Indian brand of cosmetics, owned by Unilever and run by CEO Anil Chopra. Lakme started as a 100% subsidiary of Tata Oil Mills (Tomco), part of the Tata Group; it was named after the French opera Lakmé, which itself is the French form of Lakshmi, the goddess of wealth, also renowned for her beauty. Indian cosmet Lakme was started in 1952, famously because the then Prime Minister, Jawaharlal Nehru, was concerned that Indian women were spending precious foreign exchange on beauty products, and personally requested JRD Tata to manufacture them in India. Simone Tata joined the company as director, and went on to become its chairman. In 1996 Tata sold off their stakes in Lakmé Lever to HLL, for Rs 200 Crore(45 million US$), and went on to create Trent and Westside. Even today, when most multinational beauty products are available in India, Lakme still occupies a special place in the hearts of Indian women.
Lakmé is an opera in three acts by Léo Delibes to a French libretto by Edmond Gondinet and Philippe Gille. The score, written in 1881–1882, was first performed on 14 April 1883 by the Opéra Comique at the Salle Favart in Paris. Set in British India in the mid-19th century, Lakmé is based on Theodore Pavie's novel (including "les babouches du Brahamane") and novel Le Mariage de Loti by Pierre Loti.
Lakme also started its new business in the beauty industry by setting up Lakme Beauty Salons all over India. Now HUL (Hindustan Unilever Limited) has about 110 salons all over India providing beauty services. Lakme' has been ranked as 47th most trusted brand in India by The Brand Trust Report The company is the title sponsor for Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) a bi-annual fashion event which takes place in Mumbai.
Beauty Articles1. Steps Of Fue Hair Transplant In Indore
Author: Surbhi Mishra
2. We Offer Blessed Oil, Body Scrub, Body Spray, Lotion, Scented Oil, Car & Home Air Fresheners.
3. 5 Façons De Porter Des Extensions De Cheveux Naturels
4. Extensions à Clips - Clip-on Extensions
5. Les Extensions à Froid — Cold Extensions
6. Fashion Designing Diploma Courses In Bangalore-vidya Institute Of Fashion Technology In Bangalore| V
Author: muni lakshmi
7. Waxing Vs Laser Hair Reduction | Laser Hair Removal In Indore
Author: Surbhi Mishra
8. Pamper Yourself With The Wondrous Benefits Of Nail Spa In Gilroy
Author: Paul Wright
9. Best Microblading In Pa
10. The Different Types Of Hair Extension Installation Methods
Author: Belle Noir
11. Soy Guide! Uses And Advantage Of Soy Protein
Author: NAVEEN KHANDELWAL
12. Hair Loss In Children – Medical And Non-medical Causes
Author: Mike Epstein
13. Hair Spa Therapy For Thin Hair – Process And Benefits
Author: James Field
14. Do You Hate Putting On Makeup? If So, Permanent Makeup Can Help…
15. How Permanent Make-up Can Change Your Life For The Better