ALL >> Beauty >> View Article
Total Articles: 1
Lakmé is an Indian brand of cosmetics, owned by Unilever and run by CEO Anil Chopra. Lakme started as a 100% subsidiary of Tata Oil Mills (Tomco), part of the Tata Group; it was named after the French opera Lakmé, which itself is the French form of Lakshmi, the goddess of wealth, also renowned for her beauty. Indian cosmet Lakme was started in 1952, famously because the then Prime Minister, Jawaharlal Nehru, was concerned that Indian women were spending precious foreign exchange on beauty products, and personally requested JRD Tata to manufacture them in India. Simone Tata joined the company as director, and went on to become its chairman. In 1996 Tata sold off their stakes in Lakmé Lever to HLL, for Rs 200 Crore(45 million US$), and went on to create Trent and Westside. Even today, when most multinational beauty products are available in India, Lakme still occupies a special place in the hearts of Indian women.
Lakmé is an opera in three acts by Léo Delibes to a French libretto by Edmond Gondinet and Philippe Gille. The score, written in 1881–1882, was first performed on 14 April 1883 by the Opéra Comique at the Salle Favart in Paris. Set in British India in the mid-19th century, Lakmé is based on Theodore Pavie's novel (including "les babouches du Brahamane") and novel Le Mariage de Loti by Pierre Loti.
Lakme also started its new business in the beauty industry by setting up Lakme Beauty Salons all over India. Now HUL (Hindustan Unilever Limited) has about 110 salons all over India providing beauty services. Lakme' has been ranked as 47th most trusted brand in India by The Brand Trust Report The company is the title sponsor for Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) a bi-annual fashion event which takes place in Mumbai.
Beauty Articles1. How Can You Reduce The Fat From Chin
2. Go Green With Ovik Beauty Store- Avail Natural Nail Paints, Beauty Products And More!
3. 3 Things To Keep In Mind Before Having The Eyebrow Embroidery Procedure
Author: Amy Levy
4. Full Frame Image Sensor And Linear Image Sensor India
Author: Image Sensor
5. Opt For The Right Photographer For The Special Day
Author: boris martin
6. Enzyme Vs Chemical Peels: Which Is Better For Your Skincare Routine?
Author: David John
7. The Know-hows’ Of Advanced Acne Treatment In Warwick
Author: Austin Hall
8. Skin Care Routine You Need To Follow
Author: Ruchil Aryamane
9. The Ipl Hair Removal Treatment – Benefits And Side Effects
Author: Kinga Monika Szymanska
10. Here Are Ten Hair Care Tips For Men
Author: Dheeraj Khanna
12. The Things You Need To Know About The Wimpernverlängerung
Author: parveen kumar
13. The Things You Need To Know About The Impernverlängerung
Author: parveen kumar
14. What Are Yogurt? What Is Yogurt Face Musk And Yogurt Benefit
Author: King tutul
15. Unique Fake Cartier Jewelry From Maido.co
Author: Fake Cartier Jewelry