ALL >> Health >> View Article
West Palm Beach Orthodontist Helps To Getting Teeth Aligned
Total Articles: 9
Ever wondered what Tom Cruise, Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore and Jennifer Love-Hewitt, Prince Harry, Anna Kournikova, Martina Hingis and Monica Seles al have in common. No? Well they have all worn braces for correcting their teeth positions. Britany Spears, Gwen Stefani and even model Tyra Banks have undergone orthodontic treatment.
So what is this orthodontic treatment?
It means that they have worn braces/appliances designed for them by their orthodontist to correct irregularly placed teeth. These braces stay in the mouth for a period of time and push the teeth where required. West Palm Beach Orthodontist helps a lot in getting teeth aligned.
Why is it required?
Orthodontic treatment for irregularly arranged teeth is required to
1) Maintain the oral hygiene
2) To correct any incorrect bite patterns which may harm the teeth or its surrounding structures
3) To Improve the Looks of the Patient.
Who does it?
An Orthodontist is the person you seek. He/ She is a qualified dentist with Orthodontics as their specialty.
When can I get braces?
You can wear braces whenever you are ready. Yes you decide when to seek treatment.
How long does it take?
It depends up on the severity of the mal-occlusion. It can take from 6 months to 1-2 years.
How do I know whether I need braces?
Well you don’t. It’s for your West Palm Beach Orthodontics to know and you to find out. You must visit your dentist regularly who may be able to diagnose it early and refer you to an orthodontist.
I am concerned that I will look bad with braces on my teeth.
Well, there is solution to that also. Newer varieties of braces are now available which are not visible easily and hence mask the fact whether you are wearing them or not.
After the braces are removed you will have to wear a fixed or removable retainer. The purpose of this retainer is to hold your teeth in their new positions so that they don’t relapse to their old positions.
You may have to wear the retainer for an extended period of time depending on your age or if you are younger or if your bones are still growing.
Sometimes an orthodontist may ask you to undergo removal of teeth, this is due to the fact that in some cases there simply isn’t enough space in the jaws for the teeth to be moved. Hence space Is created by removing the premolar teeth.
During treatment you must obey all instructions given to you by the doctor pertaining to the treatment and keep all appointments as even slight alterations can have serious consequences.
Oral hygiene maintenance is a must, special brushes indicated for ortho patients are available in the market and you may use these to clean your teeth. If plaque and tartar persist in the mouth for extended periods the teeth may be weakened.
Alex Curran is the author of this article. For More details about Braces West Palm Beach please visit West Palm Beach Damon System.
Health Articles1. Stress Attack - Why You Will Need Help Now!
2. Hypnotherapy For Depressive Disorder For Permanent Results
3. How To Handle Stress And Manage Avoidance
4. Easy Ways Of Managing Your Anxiety
5. Best Choices For Severe Depressive Management
6. Anxiety Management During Stress
7. Anxiety Management - Four Tricks You Can Start Using Today
8. Dry Rubbing And The Death Grip: Self-pleasuring Problems To Avoid
Author: John Dugan
9. Neck, Shoulder And Pain Management
Author: Mahesh Singh
10. Old Age Home Provides Love , Respect And ,carefree Life To Senior Citizens
Author: shiv ganga senior
11. Technology In Medical Industry
12. How Many Sessions For Tattoo Removal?
Author: hifza nauman
13. Where To Buy Phentermine 37.5 Mg Online In Oregon
14. Aromatic Revival Of Mind, Body And Soul With Therapeutic Massage
Author: Vicky Mamoria
15. 5 Ways Seniors Can Boost Their Energy
Author: Jane Doe