ALL >> Investing---Finance >> View Article
Joint Ventures In Strategic Land
Total Articles: 133
The current state of market-based investing makes strategic land joint ventures the preference among investors who want to avoid volatility.
The contemporary opportunities in strategic land investing are based on several factors. One is that economic conditions have depressed the value of land in recent years. Another is that pent-up demand could well drive an increase in that land valuation over the next several years. A third is that both homebuilders and commercial construction companies are less interested in buying raw properties than in building and marketing those properties after they are made ready for development.
Investors have several choices in how they can participate in real estate on a large scale. One is through real estate investment trusts (REITs), which tend to be subject to market volatility owing, in part, to the liquid nature of the shares. Many investors choose instead to work with managed strategic land investments, through either funds or joint ventures.
In strategic land joint ventures, the defining relationship is between managers with skills and expertise (for identifying properties that will create the best return) and the investors who participate in the enterprise. The managers in the joint venture perform best when they acquire and manage properties that are ripe for a change-of-use rezoning. This creates value by transforming property into ready-to-build status. The significant returns that Lucent has already seen in this area suggest it is both highly profitable and low risk.
Whether the investor chooses a joint venture, a fund or a REIT generally hinges on his or her overall investment and tax strategies. But the strength and track record of the management team in any real property investment should be a key consideration.
Investing / Finance Articles1. 5 Hacks To Getting Loan Against Property Approved
Author: Atish Nayar
2. How A Claims Adviser Helps With Insurance Claims
Author: Edmund Brunetti
3. Avoid These Mistakes While Hiring A Cpa Firm
Author: Hampry Gomes
4. Top Tips For Mcx Commodity Trading
Author: Riya Jain
5. How To Claim Unclaimed Fixed Deposits From Banks
Author: Arwind Sharma
6. 12 Month Payday Loans Direct Lenders
Author: Carol Adams
7. Where To Look For Ongoing Projects In Mumbai In 2017?
8. Benefits Of Hiring A Tax Accountant
Author: Karen Lee
9. Impact Of Gst On Manufacturers And Their Distribution Networks
Author: Rahul Sutraj
10. Quickly Find Ideal Program For Commercial Lending In Atlanta
Author: John Bairstow
11. Why Emv Credit Card Terminals Are Necessary For Business?
Author: Satya Nadella
12. Get Set For A Great Retirement Life
Author: Deepesh Reddy
13. Payday Loan In India, Payday Loan India, Payday Loans India
Author: Mayank Aswal
14. Mashreqpay Program To Ease Your Personal & Business Life
Author: Jeff Usman
15. Maximize Your Profitability With Trade12 Trading Services