ALL >> Shopping-Product-Reviews >> View Article
Fans For Sulfur Industries
Total Articles: 23
H2S Hydrogen Sulfide is a major contaminant - a source of sulfur. In high concentrations it can be lethal. It occurs in natural gas, oil, volcanic emissions, and some mineral springs. In oil refining processes its presence is undesirable, and it must be removed. The Clause process is one of the methods used to remove the hydrogene sulphide, and while doing so, recover elementary sulfur.
American Blowers Co. now offers gas-tight and zero leakage steam-jacketed blowers for Sulfur Recovery in Chemical Industry.
In pactice this sulfur removal process requires a gas-tight, zero leakage, high temperature and high pressure blower for intermittent duty that must handle toxic gases and must be capable of being brought on line immediately upon demand. To do this the following features on the blower must be provided:
- Double welded casing construction;
- Steam flows between the housing walls to maintain a constant 285 F gas temperature inside the fan (because below 285 F sulfur will change from a gaseous to a solid state and will "freeze" to the blower surfaces causing damage or destruction);
- A mechanical shaft seal with heat tracing and purge by air or nitrogen;
- To assure tight tolerances between the shaft and shaft seal, the housing should be supported at the centerline, and grows concentric to the fan shaft when exposed to heat.: since this support isolates housing from the drive and mounting bases, housing thermal growth doesn't cause forces to be applied to these bases.
- To prevent the shaft from taking a permanent set when the blower is idle but still exposed to the high temperature, a turning gear is provided to keep the blower rotating at a very slow speed of 25 - 40 RPM; alternatively a VFD speed control can be used
Steam jacketed construction can also be used in other thermally critical chemical processes. As to air-tifgt and zero-emission construction, it is used in the following industries:
* Pollution Control
* Pulp and Paper Industry
* Printing and Converting
* Chemical Plants
* Power Generation
* Research and Development
* Food Processing
* Paint and Ink Industries
for containment of hazardous organic and inorganic compounds in industrial process plants and other critical applications. Special construction and shaft sealing devices are available for blower service requiring zero or minimal gas leakage into and out of casing.
American Blowers Co. has a lot of experince with gas-tight and zero-leakage construction on fans and blowers, including: multistage lip shaft seals; Buna-N, Viton and Teflon seals; mechanical shaft seals; special fan housing gasketings; single and double carbon ring seals; hermetically sealed blowers; magnetofluidic and ferrofluidic seals; and packed stuffing boxes with barrier liquids and purgeable seals.
Specific code welding processes and special fan design features are used too - to ensure complete gas tight integrity.
Some special materials and alloys frequently used in gas tight fans, especially for service in hazardous, abrasive, corrosive and high temperature environments, include:
Corten, ASTM A36 Carbon Steel, Hastelloy, Inconel, Stainless Steels of different kinds, Titanium, Monel, Aluminum, Teflon, Rubber LIning. These materials are typical for industrial applications requiring high strength alloys and super alloys too.
Blowers Depot is a world wide distributor of industrial process ans OEM fans and blowers, as well as fan components; including high pressure blowers, high temperature fans, spark resistant and explosion proof ventilators, tubeaxial and vaneaxial high pressure ventilators. American Blowers Company also does existing fans and blowers repairs, re-build, as well as dynamical wheels balancing.
For additional information please refer to http://www.americanblower.net/ForwardCurvedFans.html
Industrial Ventilating Engineer
American Blowers Company
Shopping/Product Reviews Articles1. How Beneficial The Online Shopping Is!
2. How Convenient The Online Shopping Is!
3. The Best Anniversary Plans That Can Make You Invincible
Author: Anand Tiwari
4. Solitaire Diamond Engagement Rings For Your Bride To Be
Author: Jewellery Cluster
5. Firdous Lawn Collection 2018
6. Be Acquainted With The Advantages Of Using Bathroom Accessories
Author: Ainsworth Dickenson
7. Loungewear For Womens That Encapsulate Versatility And Comfort
Author: Alice Berry
8. Invicta Pro Diver 200m Quartz Blue Dial Inv9204/9204 Mens Watch: Bluesy Enough To Be Appreciated
Author: Jasson Ca
9. Kylie Lipkit-the Perfect Lip-kit, The Best Combination Of Style And Fashion
10. Nixon Corporal Quartz A346-510-00 Men’s Watch: Goodness In An Economical Package
11. Save Energy And Water With The Best Dishwasher For Kitchen
Author: John Oddile
12. The Luxurious Models Of Business Card Holders
Author: Sahah Chan
13. A Look At The Learning Environment In List Of International School In Bangalore
Author: Snehal Desai
14. Buy Julius Marlow Shoes & Feel Comfortable
Author: Green Footwear
15. Fossil Grant Chronograph Leather Fs5118 Mens Watch: An Inexpensive, Modern Classic
Author: Jason Ca