ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Places To Visit In Bikaner- The City That Preserves The Glory Of The Rich Cultural Traditions
Total Articles: 1
Bikaner is a city in Rajasthan. The city is a beautiful one with the blend of different cultures available. Thus the tourists can feel the immense joy of experiencing the colourful cultures of Bikaner. The various colours of the city can be seen once a trip is made. Bikaner would thus reveal itself more and more bestowing the delights that the city has carried in it through different times. Bikaner tourism is thus providing opportunities for the tourists to get into the city and be a part of its colourful culture. Here are some places that would show the best of Bikaner.
Junagarh fort: This is one of the most important attractions of Bikaner. This fort was constructed by Raja Rai Singh. The Raja held important places in the courts of Akbar and his son Jahangir. The architecture of this fort is thus unique showing the appreciation of the king to experiment new styles and methods. This place stands witness to the bygone time periods and lays the past bare to the tourists.
Laxmi Niwas Palace: The palace is a beautifully designed architecture used as a residential palace by Maharaja Ganga Singh. This architectural style designed by Samuel Swinton Jacob in 1902 is known as Indo-Saracenic. It is now turned into a luxury hotel. However, the sheer artistry in red stone is a joy to watch and admire about. Tourists have an immense attraction to the place and are nostalgic about visiting it.
Lalgarh palace: This palace is also designed by Samuel Swinton Jacob. The unique architectural manifestation is a blend of Mughal, Rajput and European architectural styles. The building is layered with red sandstones. It has several lounges and grand halls. There is also a large museum in the palace which preserves important Sanskrit manuscripts. Maharaja Ganga Singh commissioned the project of building it. As such, tourists can go on and enjoy the pristine glory of the past. Since a part of the hotel is transformed into a heritage hotel by the Royal Family of Bikaner, tourists can witness the royal ambience still prevailing here.
Bhandasar Jain Temple: This is said to be the most beautiful of the Jain temples found in the Bikaner city. Bikaner city is full of temples and there are twenty seven Jain temples. However Bhandasar Jain Temple stands out among the rest of the temples with its utter beauty and design along with the incredible wall paintings and usta art. This temple is dedicated to Sumatinath, the fifth Tirthankara. Red sandstones are used in construction of the temple. It is further divided into three floors. The beauty of this temple is unparalleled and Bikaner tourism is opening up possibilities of making these incredible and amazing tourist spots accessible to people across the globe.
In a nutshell, Bikaner is a place of extreme beauty providing the cultural pluralism and manifestations of Indian cultural ambience. Tourists can go on and find more and more places of which, these are a few but still transcending time.
This Article is being submitted on behalf of India's Best travel site. Get More detail about Bikaner tourism, How To reach Bikaner, Bikaner Hotels, Places to see in Bikaner.
Travel Articles1. Visa Services In Dehradun
Author: Visa Services in Dehradun
2. Things You Should Know About Sailing
Author: Aaron Roger
3. Schengen Tourist Visa Gives You The Opportunity To Visit Any Of The 26 Countries Without Any Hassles
4. 5 Places You Should Not Miss While You Are In Spain
Author: Ritwik Sengupta
5. A Complete Guide To Plan For A Durban City Tour
6. Top 10 Things To Do In Durban The Best Tourist
7. Tamanag Heritage Trek - A Perfect Way To Explore The Tibetan Culture
Author: Nepal Eco Trekking
8. Top Three Trekking Destinations In Nepal
Author: Nepal Eco Trekking
9. What To Do To Add Extra Value To Tanzania Safari Tours?
Author: Mathew Jacky Mollel
10. Variety Of Luxury Transfer Services Available In Dubai For Commutation
11. Manaslu Circuit Trekking Is Now Absolutely Possible After The Deadly Earthquake In 2015
12. Nepal Is Still A Safe Country To Visit Even After The Devastating Earthquake Of 2015
13. 5 Spectacular Viewpoints In Mahabaleshwar
14. Australia Immigration & Visa Consultants In Bangalore
Author: shaik fareed
15. Get A Thrilling Experience In The Upper Mustang Region Of Nepal
Author: Master Himalaya