ALL >> Computers >> View Article
How To Block Unwanted Websites On Netgear Router
Total Articles: 51
Generally leaving your system on with the running internet is not at all safe option, particularly, when you are having kids or other persons at the home. It is always not possible to stop kids from using the system as they are much interested to play video games or surf the internet for some knowledgeable stuff especially for their studies. So, being a responsible person, you need to make sure the online safety feature and also about the kids may not access the website that are not suitable for them.
Internet Obsession, Calls Threats unknowingly
Kids in excitement sometimes clicks on the link unknowingly that can pop up the current scams, threats or some adult websites that probably ask to fill the personal and confidential details like email address and email password. If children are known about the online threats, but they are not aware the post effect of these threats can do their parents assets. Today, children are mostly computer-savvy and they can try to access the unwanted websites, to prove their knowledge to their parents or even in their peer group.
How do we be sure of Online Safety?
If you are accessing the internet with the wireless router, it is very hard to always track what the children are doing on the internet or sometimes the persons access the internet by sitting in an isolated room so that they may not be disturbed by anyone and also others do not know what they are doing being online. The only way to get rid of this problem is by blocking the unwanted or suspected websites on your Netgear wireless router by using the proxy server address. This option is really hard to break and you can block the websites so that the kids cannot access it anyway.
How to Block Guide:
• Launch the Internet browser.
• Type “192.168.0.1” in the address bar of the browser and press “Enter” key from the keyboard.
• This will redirect to the Netgear Router login page window. If the described page is not showed then type “192.168.1.1” in the address bar again.
• Fill the username and password that you have feed when you were configuring the Netgear router in your system and then click on “Login” button or press “Enter” key from the keyboard.
• If you have not altered the default username and password that is provided to you with the router, then you can fill “admin” as username and “password” as password. It is always recommended to confirm the credential before filling the information of the router.
• On the left side of the page, on the second menu option named as “Content Filtering”, click on the option of “Block Sites”.
• Now write the website name that you want to block. For Example, if you want to block www.facebook.com then write “Facebook.com” in the textbox under “Type Keyword or Domain Name Here” option and click on the “Add Keyword” button.
• You can write only “Facebook” instead of writing full URL. It will automatically block all the webpages or domain that are having this keyword.
• You also customize this option by just checking the checkbox that labeled as “Allow Trusted IP Address to visit the blocked Websites” if you need a shared system to access the blocked websites and then click on the button of “Apply”. If you leave this box unchecked then no one able to access the blocked websites.
Acetecsupport is the leading third-party service provider of computer support services. Our services include Netgear Router Support, antivirus issues, malware issues, spyware issues, wireless router connectivity issues, printer drivers issues, and non-computer devices etc. If you are looking for Netgear Router Tech Support, You can get Netgear Router Support by acetecsupport experts.
Computers Articles1. Why Has The Sign Engraving Equipment Become An Essential For Personalisation
Author: Rob Hibbs
2. Computer Forensic Analyst Can Help To Dig Up The Truth Using Latest Technology Devices
3. How To Update Adobe Flash Player On A Mac Computer?
Author: Mac Support Team
4. Playstation 4 Repair Uk | Playstation Repairer
Author: Playstation 4 Repair UK
5. How To Recover Pst File Password In Outlook 2016 Free?
Author: Outlook Support Team
6. How To Securely Wipe Private Data With Active@ Killdisk
Author: James Vaughn
7. Find Reasonable Minute Of Every Day Norton Setup For Your Computer Needs
Author: Stephanie Smith
8. Register Your Business Name With Seo Friendly .co Domain Extension
Author: Ridhi Bhatia
9. Where To Find The Model Or Printer Number Of A Hp Printer?
Author: Maria Silvia
10. The Computer Repair Salem Ma Offer Best Solutions To Any Hardware Or Software Problem Of Your Comput
11. Things To Consider Before Buying A 3d Printer
Author: Jamie Smilovici
12. Everything To Know Before Using Surface Laptop Promo Code
Author: Christine Bleakley
13. Ps4 Repair London | Playstation Repairer
Author: Playstation Repair Centre
14. Pro Tip: How To Secure Windows 10 Boot Process
Author: Ellie Williams
15. How To Clear Cookies, Cache Memory And Browsing History In Aol?
Author: Maria Silvia