ALL >> Computers >> View Article
How To Block Unwanted Websites On Netgear Router
Total Articles: 51
Generally leaving your system on with the running internet is not at all safe option, particularly, when you are having kids or other persons at the home. It is always not possible to stop kids from using the system as they are much interested to play video games or surf the internet for some knowledgeable stuff especially for their studies. So, being a responsible person, you need to make sure the online safety feature and also about the kids may not access the website that are not suitable for them.
Internet Obsession, Calls Threats unknowingly
Kids in excitement sometimes clicks on the link unknowingly that can pop up the current scams, threats or some adult websites that probably ask to fill the personal and confidential details like email address and email password. If children are known about the online threats, but they are not aware the post effect of these threats can do their parents assets. Today, children are mostly computer-savvy and they can try to access the unwanted websites, to prove their knowledge to their parents or even in their peer group.
How do we be sure of Online Safety?
If you are accessing the internet with the wireless router, it is very hard to always track what the children are doing on the internet or sometimes the persons access the internet by sitting in an isolated room so that they may not be disturbed by anyone and also others do not know what they are doing being online. The only way to get rid of this problem is by blocking the unwanted or suspected websites on your Netgear wireless router by using the proxy server address. This option is really hard to break and you can block the websites so that the kids cannot access it anyway.
How to Block Guide:
• Launch the Internet browser.
• Type “192.168.0.1” in the address bar of the browser and press “Enter” key from the keyboard.
• This will redirect to the Netgear Router login page window. If the described page is not showed then type “192.168.1.1” in the address bar again.
• Fill the username and password that you have feed when you were configuring the Netgear router in your system and then click on “Login” button or press “Enter” key from the keyboard.
• If you have not altered the default username and password that is provided to you with the router, then you can fill “admin” as username and “password” as password. It is always recommended to confirm the credential before filling the information of the router.
• On the left side of the page, on the second menu option named as “Content Filtering”, click on the option of “Block Sites”.
• Now write the website name that you want to block. For Example, if you want to block www.facebook.com then write “Facebook.com” in the textbox under “Type Keyword or Domain Name Here” option and click on the “Add Keyword” button.
• You can write only “Facebook” instead of writing full URL. It will automatically block all the webpages or domain that are having this keyword.
• You also customize this option by just checking the checkbox that labeled as “Allow Trusted IP Address to visit the blocked Websites” if you need a shared system to access the blocked websites and then click on the button of “Apply”. If you leave this box unchecked then no one able to access the blocked websites.
Acetecsupport is the leading third-party service provider of computer support services. Our services include Netgear Router Support, antivirus issues, malware issues, spyware issues, wireless router connectivity issues, printer drivers issues, and non-computer devices etc. If you are looking for Netgear Router Tech Support, You can get Netgear Router Support by acetecsupport experts.
Computers Articles1. How To Fix Norton Antivirus Error Code 0x80045001?
Author: Aida Martin
2. Young People Take Charge In The Office
3. How To Fix How To Fix Mcafee Antivirus Mp Error 500
Author: Aida Martin
4. Tech Support For Dell | Call +1 (888) 784-9316 - Dataalign
5. The Computer Forensic Analyst Use Latest Technology To Bring Out The Truth
6. Kaspersky Tech Support
7. How To Start A Computer Repair
Author: john plp
8. How To Fix Aol Instant Messenger (aim) Error 5
Author: sara williams
9. Is Your Computer Safe From Cyber Attacks?
Author: Aida Martin
10. 1-844-762-3952 | How To Show A Balance Due On Quickbooks Invoice?
11. How To Fix Common Dell Printer Problems?
12. Fix Technical Issues Regarding Hp Printers Pop Up Contact Us Hp Printer Customer Support 1888–463–56
Author: hp tech support help
13. Netgear Tech Support
14. Tally Erp 9 Solutions Provider In Mumbai
15. How To Updates Drivers On Hp Printers?
Author: bella watson