ALL >> Computers >> View Article
How To Block Unwanted Websites On Netgear RouterBy Expert Author: Alex Walker
Generally leaving your system on with the running internet is not at all safe option, particularly, when you are having kids or other persons at the home. It is always not possible to stop kids from using the system as they are much interested to play video games or surf the internet for some knowledgeable stuff especially for their studies. So, being a responsible person, you need to make sure the online safety feature and also about the kids may not access the website that are not suitable for them.
Internet Obsession, Calls Threats unknowingly
Kids in excitement sometimes clicks on the link unknowingly that can pop up the current scams, threats or some adult websites that probably ask to fill the personal and confidential details like email address and email password. If children are known about the online threats, but they are not aware the post effect of these threats can do their parents assets. Today, children are mostly computer-savvy and they can try to access the unwanted websites, to prove their knowledge to their parents or even in their peer group.
How do we be sure of Online Safety?
If you are accessing the internet with the wireless router, it is very hard to always track what the children are doing on the internet or sometimes the persons access the internet by sitting in an isolated room so that they may not be disturbed by anyone and also others do not know what they are doing being online. The only way to get rid of this problem is by blocking the unwanted or suspected websites on your Netgear wireless router by using the proxy server address. This option is really hard to break and you can block the websites so that the kids cannot access it anyway.
How to Block Guide:
• Launch the Internet browser.
• Type “192.168.0.1” in the address bar of the browser and press “Enter” key from the keyboard.
• This will redirect to the Netgear Router login page window. If the described page is not showed then type “192.168.1.1” in the address bar again.
• Fill the username and password that you have feed when you were configuring the Netgear router in your system and then click on “Login” button or press “Enter” key from the keyboard.
• If you have not altered the default username and password that is provided to you with the router, then you can fill “admin” as username and “password” as password. It is always recommended to confirm the credential before filling the information of the router.
• On the left side of the page, on the second menu option named as “Content Filtering”, click on the option of “Block Sites”.
• Now write the website name that you want to block. For Example, if you want to block www.facebook.com then write “Facebook.com” in the textbox under “Type Keyword or Domain Name Here” option and click on the “Add Keyword” button.
• You can write only “Facebook” instead of writing full URL. It will automatically block all the webpages or domain that are having this keyword.
• You also customize this option by just checking the checkbox that labeled as “Allow Trusted IP Address to visit the blocked Websites” if you need a shared system to access the blocked websites and then click on the button of “Apply”. If you leave this box unchecked then no one able to access the blocked websites.
Acetecsupport is the leading third-party service provider of computer support services. Our services include Netgear Router Support, antivirus issues, malware issues, spyware issues, wireless router connectivity issues, printer drivers issues, and non-computer devices etc. If you are looking for Netgear Router Tech Support, You can get Netgear Router Support by acetecsupport experts.
Computers Articles1. Manual And Automation Testing Challenges
Author: Mind Q Online
2. Samsung Repair Centre Belfast With 12 Months Warranty
Author: samsung repairer
3. How An Interactive Presentation Offers The Best Tips To Showcase Your Vision?
Author: Amit Sahoo
4. Finding Your Niche In Your Accounting Environment
Author: Techarex Networks
5. Understanding The Basics Of Scada For Different Business Industries
Author: Archer Finch
6. Best Apple Iphone5 And Ipad Repairing Centre In Endinburgh
7. Why Selenium Server Not Required By Means Of Selenium Webdriver?
Author: Mind Q Systems
8. Freeing Up Disk Space In Windows
Author: Samuel Garner
9. Simulating A Network Of Endless Workstations And Interacting With Each Other
Author: James J. Adams
10. Best Htc Repair Centre Service In Uk
11. Best Online Converter
12. Hire Digital Marketing Egypt Agency To Enjoy Best Online Presence For Your Business
13. Watch Face Apps For Your Everyday Android Wear Device
Author: Tristan Smithson
14. How Norton Customer Support Can Come To Your Rescue
Author: Jasmine Hernandez
15. Samsung Repair Centre Uk, Used Only Genuine Parts.
Author: samsung repairer