ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
Rise Up The Security With Rfid Smart Card Systems
Total Articles: 545
The very first thing I will discuss is RFID – Radio Frequency Identification. Let’s understand its definition – it is typically a technology that enables communication via radio waves to exchange data between a reader and an electronic tag or card attached to an object or person, for the objective of identification and tracking.
Over the past decade, RFID technology has encompassed different segments of the industry. Today, there is no industrial segment left where this technology is not is use nowadays. They are in use since last 20 years and transformed our lives in many ways. Would you believe that the SIM card in your mobile handset is a kind of compact smart card? Another shocking fact is that almost 20% of the global plastic is used for making smart cards.
In most of the cases, a RFID smart card is used for security purpose. They can also be used for identification, authentication, and data storage. They provide a greater means of impacting business transactions in a flexible, secure, professional way with minimal human intervention. They are also known as chip card or integrated circuit boards.
Smart card writers act as a communication medium between the smart card and a host. Different cards for different purposes are programmed differently and embedded in a different shaped piece. Card writers are being used in different applications and gaining popularity world over. A RFID smart card and a writer communication between them through a computer, with each identify itself to the other by sending and receiving information.
In general, the card writer provides a path for your application to send and receive commands from the card. There are many types of writers available, such as serial, PC Card, and standard keyboard models.
Take the example of your bank’s ATM card which has a unique identity and when you insert your card in the ATM machines the machine follows the instruction given on your card.
Another good example of RFID smart card is school or office where students or employees are given their access cards to attend classes or duty. In this way, their attendance is maintained on timely basis. In cases where security is utmost necessary, these smart cards play a major role not only in maintaining security but also in giving identity to people. With more and more service providers emerged in the market, businesses and consumers now can look for better and advanced products at competitive prices.
Looking for java cards? Universal Smart Cards is a market leader in the implementation of smart cards and the associated technology by providing a complete range of smart cards, card readers and card printers, together with solutions and consultancy services to organisations located in the UK, Europe and Worldwide.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. How Mcitp Training And Mysql Training Programs Can Create A Difference For You
2. Remote Access Quickbooks: More Freedom And Versatility To Handle Your Money
Author: Quickbooks Support
3. Smart Features That Make An Android Phone The Best Choice
Author: tanjni pache
4. Reliable Motorola Mobile Phone Repairs At Motorola Repairing Centre.
5. Iphone Screen Repair Centre In Stockport
6. Quick Samsung Galaxy S6 Repairs At Samsung Repairing
7. How Do Identify A Tech Support Scam And Avoid It?
Author: Online Remote PC Support Services
8. Tips To Fix Issues With Your Sony Playstation 4 Game Console
Author: Angel Smith
9. Single Sign On Solution
Author: Amit Sharma
10. Htc One M8 Screen Repair In Uk
11. Various Applications Of Led Display Systems For Different Industries/sectors
12. Benefits Of Modern Led Advertisement Display Or Light Boxes Systems
13. Why Full Color Transparent Led Display Has High Demand In The Industry
14. Mobile Led Display And Other Led Display Systems Have High Demand Today
15. Stay Ahead In Business Competition Via Indoor And Outdoor Led Display Systems