ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Spanish Villa Rent: Girona
Total Articles: 28
Most tourists land in Girona airport on their way to some other destination and miss out on a fabulous opportunity! This city is not just a stop-over while transiting through to Barcelona or Costa Brava – it is full of unexpected surprises for the traveler who stays and cares to unlock its treasures.
A villa rental in Girona allows you to experience the authentic Catalan lifestyle that's fast disappearing in large urban centers. A villa rental here provides privacy, flexibility and cost-sharing benefits that a standard hotel or resort room may not. If you've opted for self-catering, this is a wonderful chance to shop like the locals in their neighborhood markets and try your hand at the famous Catalan cuisine.
Girona's famous 11th century cathedral is one of the most beautifully constructed buildings here, with its enormous Gothic nave and lovely Baroque facade. The cathedral museum offers a fantastic collection of ancient religious artifacts, including a gorgeous 12th century tapestry and a Moorish treasure chest that dates back to the 10th century. The Passeig Archaeologic gardens are attached to the cathedral and they're great for a stroll in the evenings with your friends and family.
Girona also has some great museums and art galleries dedicated to archeology, art, cinema, Girona history and Jewish history. A vacation villa here allows you to have a leisurely tour of these, especially when you're with kids who will find the museums interesting and educational. Girona hosts an International Film Festival in September and has a year-long calendar of events that include the Girona Jazz Festival, numerous music concerts, exhibitions and shows.
Shopaholics will find temptation lurking at every corner in the Rambla and Placa Catalunya areas where you'll find everything from budget stores to big-brand boutiques that stock apparel, jewelry, leather, local arts and crafts, handicrafts, souvenirs, antiques and delicatessen products. Winter and summer sales, Easter or Christmas deals and Girona's colorful and lively summer street-markets are a great way to browse through the local products and bag a few bargains.
Spanish villa rentals also offer a range of options, from budget to luxury. Depending on the number of people in your group, their preferences and holiday needs, you can book the most appropriate villa. Most villa owners insist on a minimum stay period and they may have their own terms and conditions. Ensure that you're within easy reach of whatever is on your travel itinerary.
Sharing a villa rental also means sharing the chores and house-hold tasks. If you really want to pamper yourself and get away from it all, opt for a staffed and catered villa, which could rack up your costs. Otherwise, sharing housekeeping, cooking, babysitting, laundry and dish-washing can be a great way to bond with family and friends. When you're in the mood for relaxation, you can sample Girona's exciting night-life – bars, pubs, music-bars, discos, restaurants and terraces where you can watch shows, taste local and international cuisines and wines.
Travel Articles1. Visa Services In Dehradun
Author: Visa Services in Dehradun
2. Things You Should Know About Sailing
Author: Aaron Roger
3. Schengen Tourist Visa Gives You The Opportunity To Visit Any Of The 26 Countries Without Any Hassles
4. 5 Places You Should Not Miss While You Are In Spain
Author: Ritwik Sengupta
5. A Complete Guide To Plan For A Durban City Tour
6. Top 10 Things To Do In Durban The Best Tourist
7. Tamanag Heritage Trek - A Perfect Way To Explore The Tibetan Culture
Author: Nepal Eco Trekking
8. Top Three Trekking Destinations In Nepal
Author: Nepal Eco Trekking
9. What To Do To Add Extra Value To Tanzania Safari Tours?
Author: Mathew Jacky Mollel
10. Variety Of Luxury Transfer Services Available In Dubai For Commutation
11. Manaslu Circuit Trekking Is Now Absolutely Possible After The Deadly Earthquake In 2015
12. Nepal Is Still A Safe Country To Visit Even After The Devastating Earthquake Of 2015
13. 5 Spectacular Viewpoints In Mahabaleshwar
14. Australia Immigration & Visa Consultants In Bangalore
Author: shaik fareed
15. Get A Thrilling Experience In The Upper Mustang Region Of Nepal
Author: Master Himalaya