ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Spanish Villa Rent: Girona
Total Articles: 28
Most tourists land in Girona airport on their way to some other destination and miss out on a fabulous opportunity! This city is not just a stop-over while transiting through to Barcelona or Costa Brava – it is full of unexpected surprises for the traveler who stays and cares to unlock its treasures.
A villa rental in Girona allows you to experience the authentic Catalan lifestyle that's fast disappearing in large urban centers. A villa rental here provides privacy, flexibility and cost-sharing benefits that a standard hotel or resort room may not. If you've opted for self-catering, this is a wonderful chance to shop like the locals in their neighborhood markets and try your hand at the famous Catalan cuisine.
Girona's famous 11th century cathedral is one of the most beautifully constructed buildings here, with its enormous Gothic nave and lovely Baroque facade. The cathedral museum offers a fantastic collection of ancient religious artifacts, including a gorgeous 12th century tapestry and a Moorish treasure chest that dates back to the 10th century. The Passeig Archaeologic gardens are attached to the cathedral and they're great for a stroll in the evenings with your friends and family.
Girona also has some great museums and art galleries dedicated to archeology, art, cinema, Girona history and Jewish history. A vacation villa here allows you to have a leisurely tour of these, especially when you're with kids who will find the museums interesting and educational. Girona hosts an International Film Festival in September and has a year-long calendar of events that include the Girona Jazz Festival, numerous music concerts, exhibitions and shows.
Shopaholics will find temptation lurking at every corner in the Rambla and Placa Catalunya areas where you'll find everything from budget stores to big-brand boutiques that stock apparel, jewelry, leather, local arts and crafts, handicrafts, souvenirs, antiques and delicatessen products. Winter and summer sales, Easter or Christmas deals and Girona's colorful and lively summer street-markets are a great way to browse through the local products and bag a few bargains.
Spanish villa rentals also offer a range of options, from budget to luxury. Depending on the number of people in your group, their preferences and holiday needs, you can book the most appropriate villa. Most villa owners insist on a minimum stay period and they may have their own terms and conditions. Ensure that you're within easy reach of whatever is on your travel itinerary.
Sharing a villa rental also means sharing the chores and house-hold tasks. If you really want to pamper yourself and get away from it all, opt for a staffed and catered villa, which could rack up your costs. Otherwise, sharing housekeeping, cooking, babysitting, laundry and dish-washing can be a great way to bond with family and friends. When you're in the mood for relaxation, you can sample Girona's exciting night-life – bars, pubs, music-bars, discos, restaurants and terraces where you can watch shows, taste local and international cuisines and wines.
Travel Articles1. Spectacular Engagement Celebration With Party Buses For Rent
Author: David WILSON
2. Reaching Honeymoon Status With Town Car Service Washington Dc
Author: Mark Jonsh
3. Yacht Charter In Greece Bid The Best Luxury Option For Corporate Event And Client Entertainment
Author: George Iatridis
4. Hue Day Trips- A Nice Option To Discover The Beautiful Country Of Vietnam
Author: Le Xuan Son
5. Follow These 7 Tips To Become A Smart Traveler For The Next Trip!
Author: Manisha Nigam
6. Think Less And Travel More And Get Rid Of Routine-bound Life
Author: John Watson
7. 6 Must Visit Temples Of Mysore For Religious Tourists
Author: Manisha Nigam
8. El Salvador Tourist Visa For Indian Citizen
9. Why Egypt Tour Packages Will Make You Go Wow
Author: Ayad Mohamed
10. Remember Your Wedding Well With Car Service In Houston
Author: Remember Your Wedding Well with Car Service in Hou
11. Exploring Historical Points Of Rajasthan With Udaipur Taxi Online
Author: bheru lal
12. What Can Teens Do In A Denver Party Bus On Prom Night?
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
13. Diverse Honeymoon Travel With A Wedding Or Prom Limo Rental Pittsburgh
Author: Daniel WILLIAMS
14. Experience A Wedding Limousine Rental In Atlanta And All Of The Advantages From It
Author: JOHN WICK
15. 6 Places You Must Explore During Your Tenerife Holidays
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe