ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Top 5 Reasons To Spend Thanksgiving On The Outer Banks
Total Articles: 6
So many visitors experience Outer Banks vacations during the summer months when the sun is hot and the water is warm. But the fall and winter months bring something extra to the Outer Banks. If you ask any local resident, November is at the top of the list of favorite months on the Outer Banks. The air is crisp and chilly and calls for a thick sweatshirt and your favorite pair of jeans (rolled up for long walks on the beach). When anyone asks about the holidays on the Outer Banks, we typically suggest our top five reasons to spend Thanksgiving on the Outer Banks.
1. Large Homes Accommodate Large Families. We have a lot of large, multi-family homes that accommodate big families or even multiple families. These homes allow everyone to spread out and have room to relax, play games, watch television and even have a comfortable post-Thanksgiving, full-belly nap. For those who want the ability to split off to separate and smaller homes when necessary, we have cozy cottage-style homes. The best part is that even though the homes are smaller, they have an open feel that accommodate large groups for large meals.
2. Rental homes Have Lots of Extra Stuff. From a private pool to video gaming consoles to pool tables and more, man of our rental homes, like our Corolla Rentals, have all the extras to keep everyone entertained – maybe even more stuff than at home. And, because there are nice, big gathering rooms with large televisions, our rental homes are ready for Thanksgiving Day football games. For the private pools, even though it may be a little chilly for swimming, many guests have the option of paying a bit extra to cover the cost to heat the pool at which point, most adults are very grateful that the pool is there and the kids are in it.
3. Fun Events on the Outer Banks.Because there are year-round residents living all over the Outer Banks, our small towns get into the holidays. Local organizations host events over the holiday weekend to celebrate and give thanks for all that we are fortunate to have at our fingertips. On Thanksgiving Day, runners can lessen the damage from a huge meal by running in the Island Turkey 5K Trot in Duck. On the day after Thanksgiving, the Island Farm hosts an event that shows how the settlers on Roanoke Island survived winter in the 1850s. Everyone is asked to bring a canned good to donate to the local island pantry. By the time the holiday rolls around, more events are likely to pop up.
4. Holiday Shopping.Think about it…every Christmas, you end up buying that you know the recipients might not want but you are at a loss for what to give. But with so many local, unique shops and boutiques, there is definitely a creative gift for everyone on your list. Some of our favorite shops include Ocean Annie’s and Beach Essentials where you can find gifts for those who seem to have everything and any of the shops at Scarborough Faire Shopping Villagein Duck.
5. Fun All Around.Just like being on vacation in the summer, there is fun all around at Thanksgiving on the Outer Banks.The beach is always filled with something to do.Even though swimming is not at the top of the list, shelling, long walks, building sand castles and all sorts of games are on the agenda. Let’s not forget flying kites with nice, autumn winds off the water.And, for any anglers, spend some time at one of the piers where you can bring home dinner on a couple of nights.Yellowfin tuna, flounder and black sea bass are just a few of the catches available during the fall months.
Start Making Holiday Plans
If your family has discussed the possibility of spending Thanksgiving on the Outer Banks, we have some of the best rentals from Corolla to Southern Shores. So go ahead and start making plans. We promise that this will be a fantastic Thanksgiving and one that will definitely be repeated. Contact us and let us know what you need or just make reservations online. We look forward to seeing you!
Travel Articles1. 5 Top Places To Visit In Alibaug
Author: Hruday Chand
2. Car Rental Services To Explore In Rajasthan With Shreeji Taxi
3. Kenya's Top 5 Places To Visit On Your African Safari
Author: Meddy Byakali
4. India Tour Operator - Planned Trek For This Country
Author: Rakesh Kumar
5. Airport Parking Options - What's Best For You?
Author: Alex Mayers
6. Top 4 Holiday Destinations In Hyderabad For A Fun Weekend :
Author: Aakruthi priya
7. Mouth-watering Foods From Kerala
Author: James Matt
8. 3 Signs That You Need A Holiday Break
9. A Visit To At The Top, Burj Khalifa
Author: Dalphine Wanjiru
10. 5 Technologically Advanced Countries In Africa
Author: Damilola Ojo
11. A Budget Traveller’s Guide To Ooty
12. Get Complete Adventure With Trekking In Nepal
Author: Himalayan Asiatreks
13. Pick Out The Right Tour Packages In Kolkata To Enjoy Reliable Service
14. Rent A Car In Kolkata To Visit Major Place At Right Time With No Risk
15. Choose The Best Holiday Packages To Get Fun Filled Experience