ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Top 5 Reasons To Spend Thanksgiving On The Outer Banks
Total Articles: 6
So many visitors experience Outer Banks vacations during the summer months when the sun is hot and the water is warm. But the fall and winter months bring something extra to the Outer Banks. If you ask any local resident, November is at the top of the list of favorite months on the Outer Banks. The air is crisp and chilly and calls for a thick sweatshirt and your favorite pair of jeans (rolled up for long walks on the beach). When anyone asks about the holidays on the Outer Banks, we typically suggest our top five reasons to spend Thanksgiving on the Outer Banks.
1. Large Homes Accommodate Large Families. We have a lot of large, multi-family homes that accommodate big families or even multiple families. These homes allow everyone to spread out and have room to relax, play games, watch television and even have a comfortable post-Thanksgiving, full-belly nap. For those who want the ability to split off to separate and smaller homes when necessary, we have cozy cottage-style homes. The best part is that even though the homes are smaller, they have an open feel that accommodate large groups for large meals.
2. Rental homes Have Lots of Extra Stuff. From a private pool to video gaming consoles to pool tables and more, man of our rental homes, like our Corolla Rentals, have all the extras to keep everyone entertained – maybe even more stuff than at home. And, because there are nice, big gathering rooms with large televisions, our rental homes are ready for Thanksgiving Day football games. For the private pools, even though it may be a little chilly for swimming, many guests have the option of paying a bit extra to cover the cost to heat the pool at which point, most adults are very grateful that the pool is there and the kids are in it.
3. Fun Events on the Outer Banks.Because there are year-round residents living all over the Outer Banks, our small towns get into the holidays. Local organizations host events over the holiday weekend to celebrate and give thanks for all that we are fortunate to have at our fingertips. On Thanksgiving Day, runners can lessen the damage from a huge meal by running in the Island Turkey 5K Trot in Duck. On the day after Thanksgiving, the Island Farm hosts an event that shows how the settlers on Roanoke Island survived winter in the 1850s. Everyone is asked to bring a canned good to donate to the local island pantry. By the time the holiday rolls around, more events are likely to pop up.
4. Holiday Shopping.Think about it…every Christmas, you end up buying that you know the recipients might not want but you are at a loss for what to give. But with so many local, unique shops and boutiques, there is definitely a creative gift for everyone on your list. Some of our favorite shops include Ocean Annie’s and Beach Essentials where you can find gifts for those who seem to have everything and any of the shops at Scarborough Faire Shopping Villagein Duck.
5. Fun All Around.Just like being on vacation in the summer, there is fun all around at Thanksgiving on the Outer Banks.The beach is always filled with something to do.Even though swimming is not at the top of the list, shelling, long walks, building sand castles and all sorts of games are on the agenda. Let’s not forget flying kites with nice, autumn winds off the water.And, for any anglers, spend some time at one of the piers where you can bring home dinner on a couple of nights.Yellowfin tuna, flounder and black sea bass are just a few of the catches available during the fall months.
Start Making Holiday Plans
If your family has discussed the possibility of spending Thanksgiving on the Outer Banks, we have some of the best rentals from Corolla to Southern Shores. So go ahead and start making plans. We promise that this will be a fantastic Thanksgiving and one that will definitely be repeated. Contact us and let us know what you need or just make reservations online. We look forward to seeing you!
Travel Articles1. How To Make Cheap Holidays To Barbados Exciting
Author: Daisy Wilkinson
2. Enjoy Your Excursion Via Top Notch Peak Climbing In Nepal
3. Which Turkish City Should You Visit First, Istanbul Or Ankara?
4. Get Customized Everest Base Camp Trekking Packages Adventure Experience
5. Stansted Airport Taxi Services That Are Better Than The Best
Author: Jack Pero
6. Pick Nepal Trekking To Get Unforgettable Fun And Enjoyment Forever
Author: Life Himalaya Trekking
7. Enjoy Visiting Everest Base Camp Trek And Spend Holidays Happily
Author: Life Himalaya Trekking
8. Simple Travel List For Business Travelers
Author: Abinaya Kannan
9. Sri Lanka: How The Country Eventually Got Its Name?
Author: Sri Lanka Eta Visa
10. 4 Reasons To Drop Everything And Visit Melbourne, Australia
11. Pick The Reliable Gosaikunda Trekking And Have Adventure Skills
12. Get Amazing Entertainment In Everest Base Camp Trekking
13. Make Your Trekking Experience Highly Memorable By Planning For An Expedition
14. Enjoy Trekking In Nepal By Choosing The Best Trekking Company
15. Find Best Morocco Destination Management Company For A Wonderful Holiday Experience In Morocco