ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Villa Rental Girona: Your Holiday Wardrobe
Total Articles: 45
So you're all set for a holiday in Girona, Spain! This city, located in scenic region of Costa Brava offers a variety of delightful holiday experiences, combining relaxation on the beach, sight-seeing, tasting the delicious Mediterranean cuisine, shopping, cultural and artistic activities, adventure, sports and fun for the kids and the whole family.
Girona has plenty of options for holiday accommodation and the most popular and growing trend among visitors to Spain is the villa rental. It offers a great blend of privacy, flexibility and cost-sharing benefits along with exclusivity and a feel of the “authentic” Spain which a boring hotel or resort room can never duplicate.
You've probably planned out your itinerary and when it comes to packing for the trip, it's best to follow some simple guidelines to avoid being uncomfortable and finding yourself unsuitably or inappropriately equipped and dressed for your holiday in Girona.
Remember that Girona is just a few hours away from Barcelona, so you'll probably combine a holiday in the two cities. The climate in Girona is of the Mediterranean type: this means it's relatively mild, with winter temperatures dropping to below zero because of the cold winds sweeping down from the Spanish Pyrenees. So if you're here during the Christmas/New Year vacations, remember to pack some woolens. Summers can be quite hot and humid, with frequent rains and storms. Many an unwary tourist has found that packing too many capris, jeans, trousers and shorts has been a big mistake, because the ideal thing to wear in summer here would be loose-fitting cotton or linen clothes and open sandals and espadrilles.
However, all over Spain, people are particular about dressing-up especially in the evenings and you'd be wise to pack some lightweight formals that you can mix and match throughout your holidays. Another thing to remember is that if you're visiting churches and religious monuments while sight-seeing, it would be inappropriate to wear shorts and scanty clothes. Your shoulders and legs must be well-covered as a mark of respect in such places.
Plenty of beach-wear would be great: include some sarongs, caftans for women and simple cotton shirts and tees for the men with some casual cotton trousers or track-pants. Kids can wear something loose, comfortable and easy to wash. Meal-times are quite late in Spain and if you're dining in a formal restaurant, you can layer your day-wear with stylish shawls and jackets, wear some pretty jewelry and shoes and you're good to go.
Lots of sunscreen, moisturizers, spare pairs of sunglasses, shady hats, comfortable footwear, swim-wear, cotton innerwear, roomy bags and colorful cotton scarves and stoles are the best choices. Pack light and smart and you'll have a comfortable holiday and look great in the pictures you post on social media!
Travel Articles1. Numerous Benefits Of Hiring Dfw Airport Taxi Or Shuttle Service In Texas!
Author: Shaik Hossain
2. Guided Tours To The Magical Hobbiton From Tauranga
Author: Roger Simister
3. How To Enjoy Great Facilities With All Inclusive Holidays
Author: Daisy Wilkinson
4. Stylish Rides And Low Prices With Limousine Washington Dc
Author: Stylish rides and low prices with Limousine Washin
5. Plan Your Vacation To Luton Airport- Hire Great Britain Cars
Author: jack pero
6. Rajasthan’s Top Tourist Attractions To Visit In Summer Season
Author: Swati Jain
7. Travel The Unforgettable Experience Of Africa’s Amazing Botswana And Serengeti Balloon Safaris
Author: Ombeni African Safari
8. Top Places That Compel A Solo Explorer To Travel In India
Author: Aura Voyages
9. Latin America Tourism Is Booming And Tour Operator Offers The Best Advice To Get The Most Of It!
Author: Anna Avanesova
10. Book Your Hoi An Hotel From Us
Author: Ms. Emma Tran
11. Enjoy A Variety Of Benefits With All Inclusive Holidays
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
12. 4 Things That You Can Only Buy In Turkey
13. Get Married In San Antonio With A Wedding Party Bus San Antonio
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
14. 3 Quirkiest Bars In Melbourne That Are Straight Out Of Your Dreams
15. Wedding Guest Transportation In Phoenix Charter Bus Rental
Author: Hire Charter Bus