ALL >> Health >> View Article
Why Eating Too Fast Is Bad For You
Total Articles: 10
You eat too fast - but you are not in a race. You are used to doing this but you should try to eat slower now because it makes you prone to obesity. By eating quickly, you will overeat and overfill your stomach. But this is not the only health risk you are faced with. You are also vulnerable to other illnesses or medical conditions.
A study made at the Medical University of South Carolina indicated that eating on a run increases episodes of acid reflux by 50 percent. This happens as the digestive tract is overfilled with large amounts of food, which result to overload of stomach acid. After a few months, affected individuals may also suffer from gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), which may then be connected with more severe health concerns like bleeding or narrowing of the esophagus.
So, how long should it take before you finish up your food? Your stomach needs 20 minutes to signal your brain that it is already full so it is just right that you enjoy eating your food for this same amount of time. You think this is difficult, right? You are used to eating your meals for five minutes or less. How in the world can you stretch out your mealtime to 20 minutes?
Do not worry. You only need to work on some techniques. First, make every mealtime as your family time. Discuss what happened to you during the day and update your family about your activities and friends. Before you know it, everyone is also giving his or her share of mealtime stories.
To completely correct your fast-eating habit, consider these tips:
1. Do not eat right after an argument or while still upset. You do not only have the tendency to eat fast. It is also likely that you will overeat.
2. Taste the food you have in your mouth. Focus on how it tastes and feel its texture. Enjoy your every chew. Swallow it before you go for your next bite.
3. By holding the spoon and fork all throughout your meal, you have the tendency to ready yourself for another bite even if you have not swallowed yet the food inside your mouth. To learn how to make your eating slower, bring your spoon and fork down after each bite. Reach for them only after you have swallowed the food.
4. Avoid mindless eating. Eat at the dining table and not in front of the computer or television or else, you will only bite food one after another without you knowing it. You may also consider eating in a peaceful environment so you can concentrate on your food.
5. Consume foods in smaller bites only. Count up to 30 as you chew each bite.
You will realize a lot of things as you begin to eat slower. First, you will learn to enjoy your food and appreciate the person who cooks it. Second, you will achieve a trimmer waistline. More importantly, you will have a stronger body because it is able to absorb nutrients better.
Health Articles1. Things You Can Do If Your Gums Are Bleeding
Author: Dr. Lakhwinder Singh
2. Paresthesia Could Cause Loss Of Male Organ Sensation
Author: John Dugan
3. Buy Adderall Xr 20 Mg Online Usa | @whitepear.store
4. Weight Reduction Herbs
5. Diy Treatments For Common Skin Concerns
Author: Dr mithra
6. Join Occupational First Aid Course To Serve As A First Aid Responder In Times Of Medical Emergency C
7. Qualities In A Pediatrician You Must Look For
Author: ponting brown
8. Remain In The Best Of Health With Pure Noni Products Of Salveo
9. Planning To Attend A Cme Medical Conference In Toronto? | Emedevents
10. Male Organ Skin And Vitamin D: A Healthy Combo
Author: John Dugan
11. How Do Invisible Braces Help Everyone In Your Family
Author: Joseph Donald
12. How A General Dentist Can Improve Your Oral Health
Author: Abel Abraham
13. How To Compare Invisible Braces To The Traditional Braces
Author: Malachi Mixon
14. Right Cosmetic Surgery Rectify Body And Facial Features
Author: opus clinic
15. Enjoy Monsoon Season With These Hair Care Tips
Author: Pankaj Singhal