ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Reduce Travel Wait Times
Total Articles: 468
As attractive as cheap travel deals, such as cheap airplane tickets, discount hotel rooms, discount travel deals, and cheap vacation packages are, travel sometimes gets frustrating because of having to waste seamless endless time at checkpoint security and immigration lines at airports.
Such waits can often be greatly reduced by becoming a member of a “trusted traveler” program. To apply you will have to submit to a one-time enrollment examination and provide biometric identification. After being accepted you will be able to bypass many of the repetitive travel hassles.
The federal government runs five separate trusted traveler programs for customs and immigration clearance at international gateways and one for Transportation and Security Administration (TSA) security clearance at domestic airports. To be accepted into one of these programs you can apply online, submit a fee, and then go to an enrollment center for an interview. Government issued picture ID, usually a passport, as well as a driver’s license which verifies a member’s permanent address, is needed.
The following is a short explanation of the available expedited security and immigration services:
• Global Entry speeds customs and immigration clearance at airports for trusted travelers returning to America from a foreign country. Upon arriving at a gateway airport, members proceed to a Global Entry kiosk, present their machine readable passport or U.S. permanent resident card, place their fingertips on a scanner for fingerprint verification and make a customs declaration.
• Nexus expedites two way clearance between the U.S. and Canada at land, sea, and airport border stations. Once enrolled you will be given an ID card which is RFID enabled. Upon presenting this card you will be directed by border agents to express lanes.
• Flux expedites two way clearance at U.S. and Netherlands airports. By enrolling in the Dutch Privium program Flux provides members with access to express lines for border formalities and security screenings at Amsterdam’s Schiphol Airport (one of Europe’s largest airports).
• Smart Entry Service (SES) speeds entry through Korean airport customs and immigration systems. SES members are able to use designated “e-gates” to bypass some immigration lines.
• Sentri expedites two way border crossings between the U.S. and Mexico. Members are given RFID cards as well as stickers for their cars which border guards remotely detect and use to identify members to move them into express lanes.
• TSA PreCheck expedites the security screening process at major U.S. Airports. Benefits include access to dedicated screening lanes and members not having to remove their shoes, light outerwear, belt, or take out their bags of liquids, or laptops from carry-ons during screening. This system is operated through U.S. airlines. Instead of being given an ID card, users notify their airlines of their membership and the airline automatically prints a TSA PreCheck code on boarding passes.
• Clear is a private program that provides faster security screen at seven U.S. airports. Applicants must provide biometrics (a fingerprint or an iris scan) and once accepted, are given membership cards and can pass through Special Clear lanes.
Travel Articles1. Explore 5 Beautiful Lakes In Ooty Apart From Ooty Lake
2. The Best Offering Package For The Holy Tour Of Chardham Yatra This Coming September
Author: Char Dham Yatra
3. Different Rides For Prom In Chicago From A Charter Coach Bus Rental Company
4. Let Loose In Los Angeles With Bus Tours
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Natural Meets History Of The Kruger National Park
6. Five Free Things To Do In Key West
Author: Dale Dunlop
7. Destination Key West: Popular Attractions
Author: Dale Dunlop
8. Cycling Tours In The French Alps
Author: David Luther
9. Top Trekking & Hiking Trails In Nepal
Author: Mountain Hawk Trekking
10. Mardi Himal Trek - Best Alternative To Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Author: Himalaya Trekking Team
11. Three Exquisite Yet Cultural Cities Of Peshawar That You May Never Want To Leave
Author: Flights Masters
12. Rent The Driver’s Place; Enjoy With Family And Kids On Your Trips
Author: Robert Anhouse
13. Dmz Taxi Tour – Driver Guide Tour Can Make The Dmz Tour A More Planned One!
Author: Brian Lee
14. The Car Rental Dubai Agency Is Your One Stop Shop To Hire The Best Car Of Your Choice
15. Areas Of Cuba
Author: Stephen David