ALL >> Internet-Marketing >> View Article
5 Essential Guidelines For Running Adwords Enhanced Campaigns
Total Articles: 12
On July 22, 2013, Google made the biggest change to paid search in recent years with their mandatory roll-out of AdWords Enhanced Campaigns. Our team has been diligently testing all the new features since February, when Google announced the ability to voluntarily upgrade. Here are five essential guidelines our team feels PPC (pay-per-click) users must consider to refine their AdWords account with any enhanced campaign strategy.
1. Set Your Mobile Bid Adjustment – Now that you can no longer run mobile-only campaigns, it is important to set your mobile bid adjustment based on your account’s historical data. Ensure that you set your bid adjustment to the appropriate level to achieve your desired goals for mobile traffic. For example, if you are already dominating the top position, reduce your mobile bid to attain a cheaper CPC (cost-per-click), and vice versa.
2. Create Ads for Mobile Devices – Previously, when you wanted to target mobile users, you had to create separate campaigns for each device: desktop, tablet, and mobile. With enhanced campaigns targeting all devices, you can now create mobile-only ads by simply checking a box and inputting your mobile URL. Your ad copy should be geared toward users on mobile devices and include a specific call to action. It is important to keep in mind that mobile users tend to be on the move and are often ready to take this specific action, be it calling your business, getting directions to your physical location, or comparison shopping.
3. Start Geo Bidding and Use Bid Multipliers – With enhanced campaigns, you can now set a bid adjustment for certain locations to bid higher (or lower) for users searching in that specific area. For instance, if you have a particular region or city you would like to aggressively target, just select that location, set the bid multiplier, and monitor the location’s performance.
4. Optimize Call Extensions & Sitelinks for Mobile Devices – In the same way you set up mobile-specific ads, you can also designate call extensions and sitelinks exclusively for mobile devices. This attribution allows you to correctly monitor mobile click-to-calls and to ensure mobile users who click on sitelinks land on the desired mobile page (e.g., New Inventory, Directions). Remember that space is limited on mobile devices, so keep those sitelinks concise and relevant.
5. Auction Insights Reports – Google has recently released a new Auction Insights Tool, which compares performance – for more than one keyword – with other advertisers who are participating in the same auctions that you are. (Previously, only one keyword could be compared). Now you can look across entire ad groups and campaigns to see how the competition is performing in the same keyword auctions. Use these statistics to monitor how aggressively your closest competitors are bidding against you, especially for brand, manufacturer, and geo-modified dealer terms. Although this is not part of the enhanced campaign roll-out, it is extremely useful when doing a competitive analysis for paid search campaigns.
The weeks and months ahead will be the real test, as all search marketers are now able to use these exciting new tools in enhanced campaigns.
Search Optics Inc. is a leader in digital marketing solutions for the automotive industry. Search Optics’ car dealer SEO services include custom websites, search engine optimization, paid search and mobile solutions that generate leads which result in sales opportunities. Search Optics specializes in car dealer marketing and automotive SEO services.
Internet Marketing Articles1. Start Couponing And Save Money At Gotmatter
Author: Naveen srinivas
2. Why Marketing Your Book Is Important
Author: John Fleming
3. Why Use Instagram To Promote Your Business
Author: Luke Lemke
4. Why Consider Instagram Over Twitter For Marketing Your Business
Author: Luke Lemke
5. 5 Ways To Improve User Engagement On Instagram
Author: Luke Lemke
6. Importance Of An Online Directory For The Construction Industry
Author: John Smith
7. Use The Important Investment Tips To Be More Benefitted
Author: David Johnson
8. Never Ignore These Mobile App Development Suggestions By Digital Marketing Companies
Author: kamlesh varma
9. Top 5 Reason To Hire Digital Marketing Company For Sme’s Business:
Author: Dusyant Kumar
10. The Prominent Uses Of Webcasting In Business Management
Author: Dreamcast UAE
11. It’s Time To Move From Local Stores To E-commerce Websites !
Author: Vijay solanki
12. 10 Reasons Why You Should Enlist Your Construction Business In Online Directory
13. Startup Consulting Firms – Coordination Is Important
Author: Script Technology
14. How To Select The Best Application For Card Processing System
Author: Styling Boostar
15. Brandzam: Unique Website Names At Affordable Prices
Author: parveen kumar