ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Criminal Background Checks – How It Is Affecting The Employment Prospects Of Individuals
Total Articles: 3
As more and more organizations, schools and other institutions seek the help of criminal background checks Australia before hiring people, the entry of unscrupulous elements into these avenues has dropped sharply. While it is good news in a way because this could deter people from making any felony in view of jeopardizing their future, it also means stopping those who have minor criminal charges against them from entering into the mainstream life.
There has been a lot of discussion on what impact a criminal record might have on the employment opportunities for an individual. There also have been many studies to this effect. Research reiterates the common knowledge that most employers would opt for a person with no past record when presented with such a choice. Also there are certain occupations and professions wherein people with particular criminal records are prohibited by law from indulging. Some good examples of these are working with children, registration as doctors, lawyers, physiotherapist, optometrist and architect.
A person with conviction could also find it difficult to get an occupation license for working in buildings, as security and in real estate. They may not be able to hold top management positions or run for parliament. There are many other jobs that do not lawfully limit companies from hiring people with criminal backgrounds. But as employers perceive that such people could pose a high risk in terms unreliability, irresponsibility, dishonesty and undesirable character, they shirk from employing such people. Another reason for not employing such people is for the fear of other employees and clients reaction if the past record of the employee becomes known.
With no or fewer options of employment, people with backgrounds find it hard to get economic independence through legal ways and often lead to recidivism. Many feel their past hopelessly tarnishes their future and they do not have many chances even if they apply for jobs. Hence it is important that even after conducting criminal background check Australia employers maintain a broader perspective on this issue. The intelligence, reliability and employability of an individual should not be brushed aside purely on the basis of past criminal records. For instance criminal record of an individual could range from simple parking tickets or jumping signals to more serious ones like fraud, burglary and murder (or accessory to murder). It is important for employers to look into the behavioural pattern, familial background and the individual’s personal attitude instead of rejecting such an application outright.
Legal Articles1. Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Lawyers In Md- Protecting Debitor And Creditor Instantaneously
2. Search Law Firms, Top Advocates, Lawyers
Author: Advacto legal Solutions
3. The Houston Criminal Defense Attorneys Can Help You From The Legal Charges
4. The Experience Of Working With A Work Injury Lawyer In Pennsylvania
Author: Ryan Harvey
5. What Can Springfield Missouri Family Lawyers In Greene County Do For You?
Author: Kirk C. Stange, Esq.
6. Denton Child Custody Attorney: A Perfect And Healthy Solution
Author: Mark N John
7. 15 Common Myths About Child Custody
Author: V. Wayne Ward
8. Getting Out Of Trouble: Ultimate Guide To Bail Bonds
Author: Emily Stone
9. Five Tips By Springfield Missouri Child Custody Attorneys In Greene County To Help Get You To A Posi
Author: Kirk C. Stange
10. Getting Out Of Trouble: An Ultimate Guide To Bail Bonds
Author: Emily Stone
11. Important Considerations Before Hiring A Family Law Divorce Attorney
12. Five Injuries That Triggers You To Hire A Personal Injury Law Firm In Dallas For The Compensation Cl
Author: Nick Feizy
13. Expert Felony Case Lawyer & Local Divorce Attorney
14. Should You Get An Attorney For A Car Accident That Wasn't Your Fault?
15. 10 Quick Tips On How To Find A Divorce Lawyer
Author: V. Wayne Ward