ALL >> General >> View Article
The Big Arctic Five: Visit Greenland Is Retargeting The Global Market Through Social Media
Total Articles: 120
The Big Arctic Five has already pervaded everything Visit Greenland works for, but has yet to achieve the full penetration of the global market. They are now seeking to increase the awareness of, what Visit Greenland themselves call, a unique country, through social media combined with a focus on beautiful visual portrayals of the country's possibilities.
The Big Arctic Five campaign: Inspiration and retargeting
The five elements the campaign accentuates are Whales - Dog Sledding - Northern Lights - Ice & Snow and Pioneering People. The Big Arctic Five campaign was first launched in 2012 and was inspired by the name Africa's Big Five. It differentiates itself from this concept, by actively identifying the five most popular experiences of Greenland, and bringing them to the forefront of the campaign as attractors. The goal is to position Greenland in its most pure form, as one of the worlds greatest adventure destinations.
Ella Grødem, spokesperson of Visit Greenland, http://www.greenland.com, says about the campaign:
"The goal has been to simplify the branding message, but at the same time, using powerful elements to capture the essence of Greenland. In these five elements we believe, that we have found a perfect match in telling an authentic and inspiring story of both the Greenlandic nature, culture and people."
and she continues
"We also believe that the next step for us, is to step up our efforts on social media, and in a more focused manner, provide the adventurers worldwide with inspirational imagery of The Big Arctic Five and the valuable content they seek."
It all begins the 8th of October
The Big Arctic Five is an ongoing campaign that has developed into more than just a branding strategy. For Visit Greenland it is now about informing the global scene about the greatness of Greenland. A step in this direction will be to retarget The Big Arctic Five campaign, by kick starting a three week long campaign on the 8th of October, 2013 with the presentation of a Facebook competition. Participants can win a trip for two, worth approximately € 5000 / $ 6750, and go see 4 out of the 5 amazing Big Arctic Five experiences. In order to get the chance to win the trip, the participants has to - in an inspirational way, describe why they would love to visit Greenland.
The campaign is targeted at The United States, Canada and English and German speaking countries in Europe and the primary media used is Facebook.
See the campaign and competition on
General Articles1. Get Environment-friendly With Toronto Electronics And Battery Recycling Procedure
Author: johna smith
2. Find Chapati Making Device Price Quickly On On The Internet
3. How Hibernate Framework Works In Java
4. All You Need To Know About Alibaba Clone Script.
5. Why Water Quality Is Very Important For Water-jet Cutting?
Author: Colin Sponias
6. Architectural Visualisation And Rendering
Author: Blitz 3D Design
7. Los Angeles Photo Booth For All Sorts Of Occasions
8. Error Code 0xc190020e-windows 10 Update Issue
9. How To Make The Most Of Booking A Dfw Airport Car Service For Your Business Trip?
Author: Skyler Town Car Service
10. 3 Sure Shot Ways To Increase Mobile Ad Revenues.
11. Buy Tirunelveli Halwa Online
12. Les Anges Plus De Vêtements De Bébé Sont Aussi Le Mercredi Sherobe
13. Steel Piles: H-piles, Piling Pipes
Author: threeway steel
14. Aadhar Address Change And Update Status
15. Boost Your Drupal Development With Docker