ALL >> Computers >> View Article
How To Stop Your Digital Files From Getting Lost
Total Articles: 16
Why do many computer users feel hard to find a file from hard drives? It looks so easy to make all your hard drive files out of control just like a messy room with disorganized sundries. Actually, if you pay attention to some specific details during computer operation, it would be not difficult to keep all your digital media files under control with good order.
How to Keep Computer Hard Drive Files Organized?
As an old Chinese saying goes, success lies in details, a good-organized computer hard drive also lies in some details. Follow the below tips I shared and try to form the good file management habit, you will keep all your computer files in order on your hard drives.
1. Delete and remove old and unnecessary files from your computer
It's the same like tidy the room that we need to discard some unnecessary and useless things regularly, or our home would be stuffed and crowded with all kinds of things. Before you delete anything, please make a judge whether it is useful or related to something important. If you have deleted a file and emptied the recycle bin by accident, you can undelete deleted files easily with Kvisoft data recovery software.
2. Name each hard drive with a personalized name
For example, my computer hard drive has been divided into five partitions: C, D, E, F and G disk. In order to keep all my documents, archives, videos, software and utilities organized, I named each partition with a unique name like boot drive, study material, entertainment files and etc, so that every time I can easily save and find files in the right partition.
3. Save new file in right position with correct name
Once you found and received something important, please take a few seconds to rename it and put it on the right partition or in the right folder at the first time. You may find it a little time-consuming, but it does really make sense to keep your files organized.
4. Organize your files by following a unified standard
Take naming file folders for instance, we'd better follow the consistent file naming conventions such as lower or upper case, divide files by consistent standard such as by file type, project name, date or etc, so that you can easily find out your needed files even after a long time.
5. Back up your important files regularly
For some treasured and important files, we'd better have a backup copy for them in case any file loss problem happens. You can copy and save your files to another hard drive or removable storage device. This may effectively avoid data loss caused by accidental deletion, unexpected formatting or other terrible occasions.
What You Can Do When Files Are Lost from Hard Drive?
During computer life, you may also encountered similar scenarios like these: all work disappeared after accidental shutdown, a long paper was deleted after hard drive formatting, I saved my photos on flash drive but now they got lost... When you come across any data loss, don't feel too worry. Please firstly check whether the files are contained in the recycle bin. If not, please follow the below steps to recover files deleted, formatted, corrupted or lost with a data recovery software tools like Kvisoft Data Recovery which can help you recover many types of files like ZIP file recovery, PPT recovery, document restoration and more.
1. Install the data recovery tool on a partition which is differ from file loss partition.
2. Choose hard drive to scan files.
3. Preview all the scanned files and then restore them.
Computers Articles1. Want To Buy Computer Keyboard? Some Tips Which Will Assist You In Buying The Best
2. Fast Solutions For Issues At Xbox 360 Repair Service Leeds
Author: Tony Blair
3. Quick Fixes For Issues At Sony Service Centre Uk
Author: Tony Blair
4. Hard Drive Clicking
5. Why Do You Need To Buy Windows 7?
6. Get A Microsoft Office 2016 Upgrade At Software Base!
7. Essential Reasons To Consider Microsoft Office 2016 Upgrade
8. Buy Windows Vista Online And Enjoy All Its Advantages
9. Buy Windows 8 Online Now To Upgrade Your Existing Pc
10. Issues & Fixes For Playstation 4 Repair Leeds
Author: Tony Blair
11. Buy Windows 7 Home Premium Online Perfect For Day-to-day Usage Of Pc
12. Buy Microsoft Products London At Software Base!
13. Buy Microsoft 2013 To Do Your Best In Everything
14. Buy Microsoft 2010 To Enjoy All Its Key Benefits
15. Bulk Text Sms Message Reseller Traitsider