ALL >> Health >> View Article
7 Ways On How To Take Care Of Your Porcelain Veneers
Total Articles: 31
Porcelain or dental veneers can last up to 15 years. That is so worth your money, right? However, you have to know that this depends on how you take care of your porcelain veneers. There are specific instructions that your dentist in Chandler AZ can give you. Most of them include these:
1. Do not bite your nails or any hard objects like ice and bottles. These may either dislocate or break the dental veneers. Make use of knife to cut food into small pieces to avoid giving heavy pressure to your teeth as you bite. In case you are playing contact sports like boxing, volleyball and basketball, you should use mouth guard to protect them.
2. If you have the habit of grinding your teeth, you have to control yourself from doing this or else, it will result to chipped tooth or teeth. Grinding your teeth or bruxism in dental term produces heavy forces that it can damage the porcelain veneers. In case you grind your teeth while sleeping, ask your dentist for help. He will make or recommend a plastic night guard for you. This is an effective tool to prevent your teeth from breaking.
3. Follow the treatment or appointment schedules given to you by your dentist in Chandler AZ. This will help maintain veneers in good condition. He will be able to identify problems and address issues before they get out of hand.
4. Spend for non-abrasive toothpaste for your dental laminates. Use toothbrush that has soft bristles. Likewise, buy alcohol-free mouthwash because alcohol can bring harm to the cement or bonding material that holds your veneers. This is tantamount to saying that with the porcelain veneers on, never drink alcohol heavily. Crazy as you may think but if you can’t keep away from alcohol, use straw to avoid the contact of alcohol to your teeth.
5. As much as possible, avoid drinking beverages and eating foods that can stain your teeth. The veneers themselves can stay in its original colors but their edges, which were applied with cement to keep them in their positions, can possibly get stained. This will dramatically affect the beautiful look of your dental veneers. To minimize the effect of colored drinks, you may use straw.
6. Craving for snacks? Eat as you wish - but are you willing to have your teeth cleaned each time? Yes, it is necessary to prevent staining your teeth, as well as to avoid building up of plaques in the edges of the veneers.
7. Quit or avoid smoking. Cigarettes contain nicotine, which can stain your precious dental veneers. In only a few months, it can turn your teeth from white to yellow. Your hard-earned money gets wasted after.
Certainly, you have to include your daily oral hygiene in the list. Per the recommendation of the American Dental Association, you should brush your teeth at least two times a day. Specifically, you have to use fluoride toothpaste. You also need to floss once every day. Ask your dentist in Chandler AZ for a more thorough explanation on how to clean your teeth.
Health Articles1. After The Free Qigong Distant Energy Healing
Author: Michael Mohoric
2. That Member Rash: Eczema Or Psoriasis?
Author: John Dugan
3. Explore On The Internet And Make Yourself Free From Oral Issues
Author: Gary Adelani
4. Dental Care Facts You May Not Uncover In Other Places
Author: Bob Smith
5. Pharmasynth Has Been Rated As One Of The Top Pharma Company In The Country
6. How To Get Benefits Of Orthodontics Courses For General Dentists And Orthodontic Online Learning
Author: Kenneth Steven
7. Dr. Bruce Hawley And Lynnwood Orthodontics Only Want The Best For Your Teeth
Author: Alan Greek
8. Invisalign In North Wales Office Qualified Dental Practitioners
Author: Paul Wilson
9. Best Place To Get Dental Care
Author: John Marker
10. 8 Basic Manhood Protection Hacks
Author: John Dugan
11. Neurostimulation Devices Market Is Expected To Grow Cagr Of 14.2% Till 2020
Author: Gomez R
12. Great Christmas Deals On Zopiclone
Author: Great Christmas Deals on Zopiclone
13. If You Are In Need Of An Orthodontist Then Dr. Grider Is The Man For You
Author: Paul Greig
14. The Orthodontist In Mckinney That Will Make You Look Great
Author: Change Albert Ratner
15. Men Can Get Their Best Nutritional Supplement With Naka Nutri Multi For Men