ALL >> Health >> View Article
New Jersey Dental Implants: Why You Don’t Need To Worry About Pain, Part 1
Total Articles: 98
If you had to ask the average New Jersey resident what they know about dental implants, it would be 1) they’re expensive and 2) they really hurt! These are two of the most unfortunate and yet pervasive misconceptions about dental implants, because in many instances they deter people from receiving the best possible treatment for missing teeth! And they really aren’t true. The fact is you really don’t need to worry about things such as pain and anxiety when signing up for New Jersey dental implant teeth replacement and in this three part-article series we are going to explain exactly why.
Three Reasons Not to Fear Dental Implant Treatment
There are three over-arching reasons New Jersey residents don’t need to worry about any kind of physical or psychological discomfort when having teeth replaced with dental implants:
1) The use of anesthesia, local or general depending upon the complexity of the procedure, can keep patients totally pain-free during treatment.
2) The availability of sedative medications for New Jersey dental implant treatment keeps patients relaxed and typically unaware during their procedure.
3) The methods used to replace missing teeth have become incredibly sophisticated and require fewer incisions and sutures to achieve excellent results. This means that dental implant treatment is far less invasive and traumatic and has a much shorter recovery period.
We shall be tackling each of these three points in Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3 of this article series. So, without further ado, let’s look at point # 1…
New Jersey Dental Implant Treatment and Anesthesia
No All On 4 dental implants specialist, or any doctor for that matter, would ever consider performing surgery without the use of at least a local anesthesia. These medications are designed to render the tissues around the area being treated completely numb – most people will have experienced this when having a filling or minor surgical procedure done.
“Yes, but I’m terrified of needles!”
Okay, so local anesthesia is typically administered via injection, but you don’t even need to worry about that! Your New Jersey dental implants specialist can apply a topical anesthetic cream to the gums at the site of the injection so that you’re completely numbed. Then, once the anesthetic medication has been administered, the specialist can perform the procedure without you feeling any pain or discomfort at all.
In the case of more complex procedures, such as full arch replacement with All On 4 dental implants, you may receive Intravenous anesthesia, which, if you’ve never experienced before, is like checking out of consciousness for what seems like only a few seconds. When you “wake up,” your procedure will already be complete and you will be on your way to receiving your new teeth!
Side Note: It’s important for you, as the patient, to communicate with your dentist. Remember, you’re in control, so if you feel nervous or anxious about pain tell your specialist and they will do everything in their power to accommodate your insecurities and ensure that you are kept completely comfortable.
Stay Tuned for Part 2
To read the next important reason you don’t have to fear dental implant procedures, stay tuned for the second installment of this three-part article series.
Health Articles1. Must Ask Questions When Meeting A Dentist
Author: Donnell Nash
2. Natural Skincare And Beauty Supplements For Healthy And Glowing Skin
Author: NAVEEN KHANDELWAL
3. What To Look For A Dentist?
Author: Donnell Nash
4. Can Bpas Damage A Healthy Member?
Author: John Dugan
5. Sticking To Healthy Habits With The Help Of Yoga
Author: Gary Martin
6. Raise Your Efforts With Weight Gainer Supplements
Author: Anabolic Nutrition
7. Signs To Look Out For If You Have A Prolapsed Uterus
Author: Kalptaru Herbal Therapy Centre
8. A Glass Of Milk A Day Keeps Doctor Away
Author: Namit Malgaonkar
9. The Hearing Aids Siemens Are Available In Best Quality And Price To Restore Your Hearing Ability
10. Superfood Supplements- For All Your Nutrition Needs
Author: Shashi Kant Shukla
11. Dental Hygiene Information You Won't Locate In Other Places
Author: Bob Smith
12. Getting Knee Pain Treatment At Parijatak
Author: Dr. Nitesh Khonde
13. Is Invisalign The Right Treatment For Adults?
Author: James Franklin
14. 1st Global Community Of Indian Clinicians - Docstop
Author: Vijay Lokhande
15. Hypothyroidism Rampant In India - Freedom Age
Author: Dr Kalpana Gupta Sekhawat