ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Cracked Windshield Needs To Be Fixed Or Replaced
Total Articles: 347
As for chips or circular dings in the windshield, anything the size of a quarter or smaller can generally be repaired quickly and easily at home or by a professional windshield repair teaches. However some windshield repair companies will not fix any chips or dings that are in the driver’s direct line of vision, as the repair could leave some distortions in the glass. In these cases it is much safer to just replace the whole windshield.
Two other factors that can help determine if a crack in your windshield can be fixed are the location of the crack and how long it has been there. If a long or short crack reaches the edge of the glass, the windshield will more than likely need to be replaced. This is because the edge of the glass is the thinnest and more brittle part of the windshield. Cracks often form after an object makes a chip in the glass in the topmost portion of the windshield that is often black or tinted very dark. Because you never saw the chip, you might not have realized the crack was forming. Cracks that reach within two inches of the edge of the glass can decrease the structural integrity of the entire windshield, even if they are repaired. If there are two or more cracks in close proximity or that intersect, the windshield will also need to be replaced.
This brings us to the issue of how long the crack has been in the windshield. If a crack has been in a windshield, getting bigger or not, for longer than 30 days most windshield repair techs will not repair the crack, but will suggest you have the windshield replaced. The reasoning behind this is that the longer the crack has been in the windshield the more dirt and debris has built up in the crack, which will obstruct the repair process. If a crack that has been in the windshield a long time is repaired, it is highly likely that the repair will be obvious and it might not hold for very long.
It is important to keep in mind that if you have used a water beading product, such as Rain-X, on your windshield, any cracks that the product was rubbed over will also be very hard to correct using traditional resin crack filler. In this case, it would probably be best have the windshield replaced.
The article is written by Person who have well experience & good knowledge in windshield replacement oklahoma city, window repair oklahoma city & windshield crack repair oklahoma city & much more.
To know more visit on :http://www.okcglasspros.com
Automobiles Articles1. The Miami Used Luxury Cars For Sale Offers A Wonderful Choice To Own Your Dream Car
2. Annual Cost Of Ownership Of Car: The Aspect That Car Buyers Often Overlook
Author: Kaitlin Miller
3. Crucial Things To Know Before You Buy Your First E-bike
Author: Manisha Nigam
4. Why Renting A Luxury Car Is A Good Idea For Your Next Event At Los Angeles?
Author: Eric Burton
5. Your Options In Car Financing
Author: Pushpendra Sing
6. Buy Electric Skateboards: 4 Things You Must Do To Choose An Appropriate Seller
Author: Liva Wong
7. Stop Your Net Surfing For Best Auto Transport Services With Auto Trans Group
Author: Ivan Pavlov
8. Have A Look On The Most Frequent Reasons Of Car Tyre Wear
Author: My Tyre Point
9. Find The Right Lube Trailer For Sale To Increase Industrial Efficiency
Author: Scott Lee
10. Give Your Vehicle The Extra Mileage It Seeks
Author: James Elston
11. Lessons That Will Teach You All You Need To Know About Certified Driving School In Chadstone
Author: Mark Watson
12. Reasons Auto Carwash In Kingston Is Sweeter Than Christmas Morning
Author: Rhys Gibson
13. Sell The Old Car & Purchase A Brand New One On Vehicle Part Exchange
Author: Ewan Thorpe
14. The Simplest Ways To Make The Best Of Harley Davidson Fabric Brisbane
Author: Levi Fysh
15. Get A Valid And Authenticated International Driving License Oman
Author: Mr. Vince Joe