ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Cracked Windshield Needs To Be Fixed Or Replaced
Total Articles: 334
As for chips or circular dings in the windshield, anything the size of a quarter or smaller can generally be repaired quickly and easily at home or by a professional windshield repair teaches. However some windshield repair companies will not fix any chips or dings that are in the driver’s direct line of vision, as the repair could leave some distortions in the glass. In these cases it is much safer to just replace the whole windshield.
Two other factors that can help determine if a crack in your windshield can be fixed are the location of the crack and how long it has been there. If a long or short crack reaches the edge of the glass, the windshield will more than likely need to be replaced. This is because the edge of the glass is the thinnest and more brittle part of the windshield. Cracks often form after an object makes a chip in the glass in the topmost portion of the windshield that is often black or tinted very dark. Because you never saw the chip, you might not have realized the crack was forming. Cracks that reach within two inches of the edge of the glass can decrease the structural integrity of the entire windshield, even if they are repaired. If there are two or more cracks in close proximity or that intersect, the windshield will also need to be replaced.
This brings us to the issue of how long the crack has been in the windshield. If a crack has been in a windshield, getting bigger or not, for longer than 30 days most windshield repair techs will not repair the crack, but will suggest you have the windshield replaced. The reasoning behind this is that the longer the crack has been in the windshield the more dirt and debris has built up in the crack, which will obstruct the repair process. If a crack that has been in the windshield a long time is repaired, it is highly likely that the repair will be obvious and it might not hold for very long.
It is important to keep in mind that if you have used a water beading product, such as Rain-X, on your windshield, any cracks that the product was rubbed over will also be very hard to correct using traditional resin crack filler. In this case, it would probably be best have the windshield replaced.
The article is written by Person who have well experience & good knowledge in windshield replacement oklahoma city, window repair oklahoma city & windshield crack repair oklahoma city & much more.
To know more visit on :http://www.okcglasspros.com
Automobiles Articles1. Buying A Used Or Pre Owned Vehicles For Sale In Chicago
2. How To Obtain Stress-free Car Financing In West Chicago
3. Choppers Modified From Old Harley Davidson Is Trending
Author: Levi Fysh
4. Experience Chauffer Service In Executive Cars Throughout London
Author: Toby Pratt
5. Save Big With Easy-run’s Fall Special!
Author: Al Freilich
6. Fordzero Down Lease Specialscheap Way To Drive New Ford Car
7. Cad, Cam, Cnc And Robots For Manufacturing In Future
Author: CAD, CAM, CNC And Robots For Manufacturing In Futu
8. Career Options And Job Opportunities For Mechanical Engineers
Author: Career Options And Job Opportunities For Mechanica
9. October Is National Transport Month
Author: Batteries & More
10. The 2017 Vw Golf Alltrack 135 Tdi: A Volkswagen Dealers Brief Overview
Author: Aaron Reddall
11. Important Things To Keep In Mind When Your Car Breaks Down
Author: Paul Zervos
12. E-rickshaws Are The Perfect Way To Keep Your City Green.
Author: Power Electric Vehicle
13. The Audi Car Dealers Miami Offer Certified Pre Owned Cars In Competitive Price
14. Top Three Reasons To Consider Outsourcing Your Cad Project
Author: Top Three Reasons To Consider Outsourcing Your CAD
15. For An Updated Speed — the Cummins’ Compound Turbo Way
Author: Rip Rook