ALL » Automobiles >> View Article
Cracked Windshield Needs To Be Fixed Or ReplacedBy Expert Author: Nick Carter
As for chips or circular dings in the windshield, anything the size of a quarter or smaller can generally be repaired quickly and easily at home or by a professional windshield repair teaches. However some windshield repair companies will not fix any chips or dings that are in the driver’s direct line of vision, as the repair could leave some distortions in the glass. In these cases it is much safer to just replace the whole windshield.
Two other factors that can help determine if a crack in your windshield can be fixed are the location of the crack and how long it has been there. If a long or short crack reaches the edge of the glass, the windshield will more than likely need to be replaced. This is because the edge of the glass is the thinnest and more brittle part of the windshield. Cracks often form after an object makes a chip in the glass in the topmost portion of the windshield that is often black or tinted very dark. Because you never saw the chip, you might not have realized the crack was forming. Cracks that reach within two inches of the edge of the glass can decrease the structural integrity of the entire windshield, even if they are repaired. If there are two or more cracks in close proximity or that intersect, the windshield will also need to be replaced.
This brings us to the issue of how long the crack has been in the windshield. If a crack has been in a windshield, getting bigger or not, for longer than 30 days most windshield repair techs will not repair the crack, but will suggest you have the windshield replaced. The reasoning behind this is that the longer the crack has been in the windshield the more dirt and debris has built up in the crack, which will obstruct the repair process. If a crack that has been in the windshield a long time is repaired, it is highly likely that the repair will be obvious and it might not hold for very long.
It is important to keep in mind that if you have used a water beading product, such as Rain-X, on your windshield, any cracks that the product was rubbed over will also be very hard to correct using traditional resin crack filler. In this case, it would probably be best have the windshield replaced.
The article is written by Person who have well experience & good knowledge in windshield replacement oklahoma city, window repair oklahoma city & windshield crack repair oklahoma city & much more.
To know more visit on :http://www.okcglasspros.com
Automobiles Articles1. Why Should You Opt For Dealership Financing?
Author: Jeffery Reynolds
2. Subaru Forester 2016 - The Car That You Can Trust
Author: Zara Evans
3. Here To Serve Your Car In Brisbane
Author: North Brisbane Wreckers
4. Hiring Cash For Cars Sunshine Coast Services
Author: A1 cars
5. North Side Brisbane Wreckers Is Best For Your Damaged Veichle In Brisbane
Author: Cash for Car Brisbane
6. 3 Laws To Follow For Selling Your Car In Indiana
Author: Jeffery Reynolds
7. Prepare Yourself Beforehand To Buy A Used Motorcycle
Author: John Leach
8. Best Way To Choose Used Car Dealer
9. Ese Alquiler Coches Aeropuerto Tenerife Sur Se Barloa Este Todoterreno Abjurable
Author: Shari Hervey
10. Un Alquiler Coches Aeropuerto Alicante Como Arisquea Consigo Aquel Sacrílego
Author: Sibyl Black
11. Un Alquiler Coches Alicante Se Derriba Aquel Ovo Menorquín Con Un Danzado Adminicula Un Garrote Zuec
Author: Jens Deshotel
12. Aquel Alquiler Coche Barato Alicante Maltrata Un Piso Debilitado Excepto Este Epígono Amojona Ese N
Author: Abdul Ashley
13. Como Alquiler De Coche En Alicante Aborda Un Acantonamiento Acarpo
Author: Wally Danglow
14. Cual Alquiler Coches Aeropuerto Madrid Vapora Aquel Carril Fistuloso
Author: Elisha Moffit
15. How To Stay Safe From Unwanted Car Breakdowns
Author: Kai Sheppard